No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went walking when i got home..felt great but damn it was hot. My butt hurts..i take it as a good sign. I need to remember to stretch some before going. The front of my ankle above the foot feels tense and sore. With ice it feels a little better. Pm indescretions..dang..but i got my liquids in. I made some koolaid with stevia..not as good as drinking tea but a nice change.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
      Last day with kids is May 24th.. ahhhhh.. it can not come soon enough and at the same time, its coming too fast and there is still much to do.
      I remember those days.

Comment

• Focus on the good, you got your liquids in and you got some gentle movement! congrats.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hurray for a pain in the butt! I am now doing push up, squat and sit up apps on my phone 3 days a week instead of the PBF. My chest hurts.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• so the tummy is hinting for food this morning.. no can do.. my body needs to realize that it does not have to eat in regular intervals. It will keep until lunchtime and be worth the wait so stop rumbling tummy!

Allergies hit full force this morning. Battling headache, eyes you name it. Skipped make up today.. egads.. I think fresh air exposure yesterday was the cause but it will not stop me from doing it again this afternoon because I have to move this weight OFF.

Bonus news: down 2 this morning.. oh yeah...finally!!
            Karin

Comment

• Hooray. Love down 2 Keep up your water/liquids today. I made some key lime iced tea for the family. DH liked it without any sweetener. Bonus!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• How do you make the keylime ice tea>
                Karin

Comment

• Glad you are losing again. Darn allergies.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I bought this kind:

The Republic of Tea - Hibiscus Key Lime

Really good (and no caffeine!). It says to double the tea bags for iced (versus hot) heat, but I didn't find that necessary.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I love love love Republic of Tea!
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Double header soccer game, 2+ hours in the sun, sunburn-OUCH, plans tonight..but house is clean!!!

Not much apetite today.. i should eat..have had very little (couple hundred calories) but ugh..seems like so much work and i want grains
                        Karin

Comment

• Hey Karin,

Feel free to tell me to butt out, but I am worried that 1) you are not eating enough and 2) that your 5 hr window doesn't allow you enough time to get adequate nutrition in. Do you track anymore? Have you lost any wt. since starting the 5 hr window experiment? You seemed to do better when you skipped breakfast, but had a solid lunch and dinner.

I think that starting tomorrow, I am going to aim for an 8 hr window, (11-7) with lunch a snack and dinner. Making sure to get a min 1300cals and all 3 macros at 75-100g.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Karin, you can tell me to butt out as well, just wondering how 5 hours is the number that is important (as opposed to 4 or 8 or whatever)?

Some ideas...
                            Maybe you can alternate days of 5 hour and 8 hour, mix it up a little
                            Maybe a one meal a week cheat would help with cravings. (I have a list of 7 very specific rules for my 1 cheat a week and it seems to be working very well)
                            Tracking is essential, it will help you pinpoint what works and what doesn't. You want to be able to know what you were doing when it works so you can go back and duplicate it when things aren't going so well. fitbit links back to myfitnesspal.com as well as at least one other one of those, as well as having its own tracking system, and one that will link to your phone. (my fitbit should arrive by Tuesday, very excited!)

I sincerely hope that you don't think I am piling on, and that you know that I truly hope that you know that I am in your corner and am wanting to be supportive and helpful. I will totally understand if you tell me that I am not being as helpful as I think I am and to back off.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              Hey Karin,

Feel free to tell me to butt out, but I am worried that 1) you are not eating enough and 2) that your 5 hr window doesn't allow you enough time to get adequate nutrition in. Do you track anymore? Have you lost any wt. since starting the 5 hr window experiment? You seemed to do better when you skipped breakfast, but had a solid lunch and dinner.

I think that starting tomorrow, I am going to aim for an 8 hr window, (11-7) with lunch a snack and dinner. Making sure to get a min 1300cals and all 3 macros at 75-100g.
                              I happily accept input. I have yet to make a 5 hour window. My windows run 6-7 hours. Lately though, I am just not hungry and feel so exhausted that the thought of making something just seems like so much work. Heat, exhaustion, I don't know. What I do know is when I eat, its not always good. I feel fine skipping breakfast but also wonder if that is not a problem. I have not been tracking. I should I know. I have not lost anything really. I bounce between 277 and 280 and have been like this I noticed since I got the new scale. My brain says I need more calories to lost weight but at the same time says, you have so many calories stored as fat as long as your calories are low (i.e. not eating much of anything) you should lose.

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              Karin, you can tell me to butt out as well, just wondering how 5 hours is the number that is important (as opposed to 4 or 8 or whatever)?

Some ideas...
                              Maybe you can alternate days of 5 hour and 8 hour, mix it up a little
                              Maybe a one meal a week cheat would help with cravings. (I have a list of 7 very specific rules for my 1 cheat a week and it seems to be working very well)
                              Tracking is essential, it will help you pinpoint what works and what doesn't. You want to be able to know what you were doing when it works so you can go back and duplicate it when things aren't going so well. fitbit links back to myfitnesspal.com as well as at least one other one of those, as well as having its own tracking system, and one that will link to your phone. (my fitbit should arrive by Tuesday, very excited!)

I sincerely hope that you don't think I am piling on, and that you know that I truly hope that you know that I am in your corner and am wanting to be supportive and helpful. I will totally understand if you tell me that I am not being as helpful as I think I am and to back off.
                              I have thought about a cheat meal and have done it a time or two, in a week. As to the validity of 5 hour window, from what I read it has to do with optimizing the stored energy in the body. I think you are on to something with mixing things up. My energy is low and that tells me I am not getting what I need. I can sleep 8+ hours. Getting up is hard and even after being up for 3 hours I am tired.. some of it is the sunburn but some of it is lack of nutrients. I would love to get back to where I was. How did I end up here? ugh.

So this morning I had a health check the insurance company set up with the district. They did the weight- yeah same so my scale is accurate, the blood pressure 115/76 huzzah, BMI 45% major cussword and then drew blood. I had a problem with clotting this morning.. kinda strange. Walked out the car and had to go back in for some assistance. WTH? I should get cholesterol etc back soon.

The blisters on my sunburn started last night.. they will burst soon and do not know if I am ready for that. I did ACV, tea, aloe.. its all bunk. That, or this is a mother of a sunburn.

So I was craving lasagna minus the noodles. My mom, (aren't mom's wonderful?) stir fried eggplant, onions and mushrooms, then mixed some riccotta with some herbs, plopped it on top and baked it. We put the sauce on later because it was alfredo sauce (the tomato sauce kills me). This was served with italian sausage. Ok.. so not traditional lasagna but it sure killed the craving was pretty primal. I have leftovers for lunch today and a corned beef brisket in the crock-pot for dinner tonight. So, there are 2 pretty solid meals for today.

I appreciate the support ladies. I feel like I have totally lost my way and am trying to find that sweet spot I had. How did I lose it?
                              Karin

Comment

• I know that you stopped supplementing. But maybe a high quality multi vitamin/mineral would be helpful. (there is science to support that it will help with weight loss).

All I can say is .... start tracking. You cannot tell anything if you don't have data, girl. I would, as I am wont to do, also strongly suggest you shove as many fresh/local veggies (and even a few fruits) into the body as you can manage. I also find that the simpler the protein source the better off I am (sausages and corned beef tend to cause water retention issues for me).

I can easily skip breakfast, but doing the Leptin Reset showed me that I do better the rest of the day if I do a very low carb, moderate fat, reasonably high protein breakfast. I just make myself a smoothie.

I am a Floridian, the only thing that heals a sunburn is time. You can make it feel better if you take an anti-inflamatory over the counter something. A cool damp wash cloth will help pull some of the heat off of it for temporary relief, change it as soon as it warms. Good Luck!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X