No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, cool thing, because I bought the book from the author's website (which cost pretty much the same as amazon, and I got to download it onto my computer/nook) I get a month's worth of free consultations. And they answered my question and then asked me for details! I didn't really expect much, but even if all I get is one answer, it was essentially free.

Wish you were over your cold, I couldn't do cottage cheese if I was sick, the bisque would be perfect though.

Hey, along the same lines as the bisque the other night I poached 3 tilapia fillets, and 1 pound of scallops (they were on sale can you tell?) in a stick of butter. The fish and scallops were frozen so I just melted the butter in a big fry pan, then put the fish and scallops in until they were opaque. Then I grated some lemon pepper seasoning over it. SOOO good! and the broth it made was heavenly.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      Hey, cool thing, because I bought the book from the author's website (which cost pretty much the same as amazon, and I got to download it onto my computer/nook) I get a month's worth of free consultations. And they answered my question and then asked me for details! I didn't really expect much, but even if all I get is one answer, it was essentially free.

Wish you were over your cold, I couldn't do cottage cheese if I was sick, the bisque would be perfect though.

Hey, along the same lines as the bisque the other night I poached 3 tilapia fillets, and 1 pound of scallops (they were on sale can you tell?) in a stick of butter. The fish and scallops were frozen so I just melted the butter in a big fry pan, then put the fish and scallops in until they were opaque. Then I grated some lemon pepper seasoning over it. SOOO good! and the broth it made was heavenly.
      I will have to look into that book I think. Wonder if I can get it for my kindle.

About the cold.. I can handle the stuffy/runny nose, I can handle to some extent the cough (this one is not as bad as I have had in the past), its the CONSTANT sore throat that bothers and annoys. All I want is comfort food. Ate some naughty food (felt sorry for myself) but mostly smoothies and some cottage cheese. I am out of soup

Your seafood dish sounds delish! I like the idea of using frozen so you end up with a broth. I have only had scallops once and did not care for them.. they were probably cooked incorrectly so I am willing to give it another shot.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

you could just add another tilapia fillet or even shrimp, or crab. If scallops are over cooked they can be very rubbery and tasteless. And restaurants will sometimes substitute shark for the scallops, and it is chewier. I tend to use frozen because it is usually actually fresher than fresh. Frozen is usually frozen on the boat, fresh is shipped cold, but those fishing boats can stay out there for a couple of weeks. So if they caught the fish the first day, it is not as fresh as you would think, but if it is frozen the first day it is much better. When I was living in Florida I bought from a marina and bought it the day it was caught.

The ebook comes as a pdf and I downloaded it to my adobe digital editions, which stays on my computer desk top. But if you can download pdf's to use on the kindle it should work. You can get it on Amazon.

When I have a sore throat I just like Italian Wedding soup, and lots of tea. (My dad's side of the family is Italian, so that is comfort food to me).
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Chris.. I am going to try that seafood recipe you posted.. it sounds good!

Well.. woke up before the alarm (not bad for being ill), got my daughter up, and ready for school. She was disappointed she could not stay home with me BUT she is feeling better (regardless of the number of times I took her temp) she could not hold back the energy of good health. After she was good to go, (her grandma was taking her), I took some more nyquil and headed back to bed for 5 hours. Woke up feeling SO MUCH BETTER. I still can not "smell" anything, I have a smokers cough etc. but I feel human. I made some egg drop soup for breakfast.. it was SO GOOD! Ate 2 bowls and it was amazing.

I am wondering what affect this nasty cold will have on my weight. Weigh in is at the end of the month. UGH. I am measuring though. TOM is coming and noticed that a pair of my pants was a little tight at the waist yesterday. Dang bloat!
          Karin

Comment

Making that fish is one of the few times I missed bread, to sop up the brothy goodness, but hey the spoon worked well too!
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              Making that fish is one of the few times I missed bread, to sop up the brothy goodness, but hey the spoon worked well too!
              I know that feeling.. but at the same time I think bread as a sponge... thats not appetizing..LOL
              Karin

Comment

yeah, after using a spoon I realized the bread would have just diluted the amazing flavor.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

I am back to work and feeling blah..

B: protein shake with full fat yogurt to increase protein
                  L: ugh.. TBD not wanting the lunch I have here
                  Karin

Comment

your need a broth based soup. Can you get something from the cafeteria (is yours one that has edible stuff?)

I had 1/2C of full fat yogurt this morning with 1/2c wild (frozen) blueberries and a squirt of stevia-yum! The full fat yogurt rocks, so thick and creamy, holy cow! I also added 2T of cocoa powder to my shake this morning for added iron, yum!

Man wish you were feeling better.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• your right i needed soup.. went to a diner for a burger no bun and a cup of veg soup. the soup is a saddddddd saddddd thing (canned potatoes, canned carrots, canned peas, a bit of onion and tomato-MAYBE. but its broth. It hit the spot. I am electing to drink the broth and toss the veggies.. they seem devoid of anything nutritional at this point.

Funny thing.. they were like.. whaaaat? no bun???? no fries??? no tots?? no chips?? I am like.. no no no..ugh! Living in the bread basket of America can be challenging. I explain I dont eat grains.. and they are like.. oh, I cant give up my bread and cookies. Umm yeah-ok.. gimme my food. LOL I'm grumpy can ya tell?
                      Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        your need a broth based soup. Can you get something from the cafeteria (is yours one that has edible stuff?)

Our cafeteria is KNOWN for homemade cinnamon rolls and crunchy munchy chili.. nothing healthy.LOL
                        Karin

Comment

• rats, crunchy munchy chili sounds like they add chips. My kids wouldn't ever go near the food in their cafeterias, but my sister's school has a really nice salad bar, lots of fresh veggies. Of course very few of the kids eat it, mostly the teachers and staff use it.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• actually the food is good and higher quality that the larger school district I taught in but still full of CW BS.

B: 14% fat yogurt..yum, bacon
                            L: I brought homemade eggdrop soup
                            D: TBD

feeling slightly better today.. I changed my cold meds and think its making a difference though.
                            Karin

Comment

• So glad you are feeling better, whether drug induced or the cold taking its course. YUM homemade egg drop!

at lunch yesterday, my boss took me to a restaurant her boss had given us a groupon for (free to us). So when they brought out the bread I didn't have any, she made some excuse about eating it. I just smiled. then she ordered a bbq, sandwich, and explained something about why she didn't order fish (I had). I just told her I tend to order out what I rarely make at home and I never make blackened fish. then her sandwich came out and she had to explain how hungry she was and that was why she was eating the bread and the meat (but she left the coleslaw "because they used mayo" on it-it was actually a really nice homemade version with very little mayo and some lovely seasonings).

I finally had to tell her that I would promise not to make judgements on what she ate if she didn't make judgements on what I ate. She just had a baby 5 months ago, so I suspect that while she thinks she could never do what I am doing to lose the extra weight, that once it becomes more obvious that I am losing she may change her tune.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I find its amazing when people think they have to justify to me why they are eating what they are eating. Kind of tells me that they know the truth BUT CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH..LOL
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X