No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I miss it? Where did you get VIbrams for that price? I planned on treating myself at the 20 pound loss mark, but I could get them now and come up with a different treat item!

KALE: There is a recipe that I absolutly love for raw kale, in fact the ONLY way I like raw. Do a Google for "lori's Kale slaw" and it will come up on Food.com. There are a TON of spices to it, and make at least 4 portions of the spice blend, then use a forth of it for one recipe, I use the rest of the premixed spices for roasted veggies, chicken seasoning, etc......I love this spice blend! The slaw is very good, especially after a day or two. It can be primalized using homemade mayo....or I would use plain greek yogurt.

The other recipe I make alot with kale is a soup, chicken broth, onion garlic, kale, Italian spiced fresh sausage, can add a couple potato chunks if you wanted to.....I top it off with a tiny bit of cream at the end
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• Red: Go here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread47768.html

going to check out that slaw!!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Thanks!
        Redflame
        Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
        Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
        Goal of Significant Weight Loss
        15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• Okay, I did it...I ordered KSO Treks for my husband and Sprints for myself.

$102.00

BTW Karin, sorry if I derailed your thread, It was all about vibrams...I thought.
          Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-03-2012, 11:27 AM.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• no worries LOL Glad you found some and got a deal
            Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-03-2012, 11:33 AM.
            Karin

Comment

• Wow - what a great deal. I've never tried VFFs, but am considering some at this price! I tried the Nike version a few months ago and was amazed at how comfy they were. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

• I have not tried Nike, but I have the adidas as well and like them.
                Karin

Comment

• I have Merrill's and love them. Wish I could find dress/work minimalist shoes!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I have some Merrell Mary Jane type shoes I wear for dressier days.
                    Karin

Comment

• Dinner tonight at Applebees because my daughter had a reward coupon and was so excited. Had fajitas.. no rice, extra grilled veggies shrimp and chicken.. yeah my tummy not loving me.. I do so much better if I just eat at home.

went to Sams tonight.. I swear its wall to wall grain and sugar for the most part. Looking at the sweets on my way to produce made me gag. I could smell how sweet and it was not a sweet feeling. uck
                      Karin

Comment

• I Came home from the gym and my entire family was eating ice cream. That wasn't too tempting, but later my husband was watching diners drive ins and dives. Boy was I emotionally hungry by the time I went to bed.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I love food and recipes and cooking, but I've found I've had to really cut down my town thinking about that stuff...it makes me think I'm hungry. I even watch how much time/when I look at Paleo website. My own blog has suffered, but my waist line is going in the right direction!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I watched triple D last night too. Some of the stuff really does make me hungry, but usually I am taken aback at the portions they serve. I generally only check out recipes online when I am looking for a recipe. I already spend more time than I should in front of the screen, looking at pictures of food does not seem like a good way to add more.
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OK random and unrelated...I just noticed that Karin and Chris have more posts than I have and at this moment they are neck in neck with 1781.
                              Chatty Kathys! (I actually had that doll.)
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• It is not the first time I have been compared to that doll! My cousin had one, but I had the one whose hair could grow (you would pull her pony tail from the top of her head) I think my mom decided one Chatty Kathy was enough in the house!
                                Chris
                                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Working...
                                X