The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahahahahah..

291.5 same same.. interesting since TOM is here..

B: 3 eggs and blueberries
    L: hamburger, peas and maybe blueberries
    D: noddaclue

Chris: nope.. she teaches a class during the day when I am working. You know, for those lucky stay at home moms :P Perhaps this summer though... Let me tell you, I feel it this morning. Usually I do not feel it the next day. Something kicked me in the butt and bout ripped my arms off.. or so I feel.. but it feels good love it.. want more of it!! I am hoping class is not cancelled Thursday.. our instructor has an eye issue, which is why the sub.

ummm.. and did something kind of stupid.. I wanted to go to this teachers science conference and volunteered to present. Its in April so I have time to work on my presentation. I volunteer and then remember how much I hate talking in front of my peers. I mean, its bad enough with just school staff, but this one has science teachers from Kansas and Missouri. Crap crap.. On the plus side, the location is awesome- beautiful. Lots of hiking trails and such. I am looking forward to attending sessions.. just not my own. :l *fudge and whip cream on a spoon!*
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-01-2012, 06:31 AM. Reason: my colorful cussing lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I'm really behind and will try to catch up in detail later. Any word from the doc on what the blood results mean? And TOM - told you that we were all going to converge (I was a few days late to bridge the gap) Hope you are feeling better and have an absolutely awesome day!!!!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I got my blood results and it showed my glucose high.. but that is it. The doctor has not got back with me. I did cut my fluids though and notice I am not so thirsty.. curious..
        Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
          hahahahahah..

291.5 same same.. interesting since TOM is here..

B: 3 eggs and blueberries
          L: hamburger, peas and maybe blueberries
          D: noddaclue

Chris: nope.. she teaches a class during the day when I am working. You know, for those lucky stay at home moms :P Perhaps this summer though... Let me tell you, I feel it this morning. Usually I do not feel it the next day. Something kicked me in the butt and bout ripped my arms off.. or so I feel.. but it feels good love it.. want more of it!! I am hoping class is not cancelled Thursday.. our instructor has an eye issue, which is why the sub.

ummm.. and did something kind of stupid.. I wanted to go to this teachers science conference and volunteered to present. Its in April so I have time to work on my presentation. I volunteer and then remember how much I hate talking in front of my peers. I mean, its bad enough with just school staff, but this one has science teachers from Kansas and Missouri. Crap crap.. On the plus side, the location is awesome- beautiful. Lots of hiking trails and such. I am looking forward to attending sessions.. just not my own. :l *fudge and whip cream on a spoon!*
          don't cha mean 281.5?

you need some green stuff

She gives you one more reason to look forward to summer then

New found confidence in a leaner stronger body will carry you through the presentation.

p.s. welcome back Ruth
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yes I do mean 281.5.. ugh.. is it Monday??
            Karin

Comment

• Here's hoping you get it all figured out. I can tell you that when horomones are reseting, things kinda go wild a bit in the body. Hopefully, that is all that is happening for you and that all settles out for the healthier. Also, I'm sure you know this, but many docs are quick to hand you a pill when labs are off - do some research before deciding to take something. I'm sure your body is healing with all you are doing and you'd hate to mess that up by taking something. Wishing you a better day!

Comment

• Mudfinger- oh yes, I know they are quick to throw out the drugs. As far as I can see though, I am not needing any meds. For the most part my blood sugar is stable.. and I am LOSING so I do not see how it could have anything to do with diabetes when I did not have it 50 pounds heavier. Its all good.. it will straighten out.. as Chris says, just stay the course.
                Karin

Comment

• so hard to stay the course, it seems like I have been staying the course for soooo long and the loss is sooooo slow. Glad we are all in it together!
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I hear ya sista!! In your head you know we are doing right. Its just frustrating that results are not quickly evident. I think Mudfinger and Chelle have very valid points though. The hormones are really what we are up against. Do you remember when you were younger (well I do, I was heavy when younger) being told, lose the weight now.. its harder when your older?? I had no idea about hormones and the crap they pull. I get tired of figuring out what I am going to eat.. tracking etc. BUT.. it is useful (I remind myself often).

ok: so yeah.. not really into eating. Oh I was a little hungry for lunch just not ambitious about it. Your right Chris, I am seriously low on greens!!!

I think I need to make more of the paleo "hamburger helper". I always throw lots of veggies there. I think I need to stop the single item foods because I go brain dead and get bored. I think I need to try some stirfrys and "helpers" so I have leftovers for lunch. Oh.. and I am having a sweet potato in one the next time I make it. I never eat them, but I am craving one.
                    Karin

Comment

• Just beware - sweet potato (while yummy and good for you) is higher on the GI scale than say butternut squash. They seem so similar to me but I guess the sweet potato is well, sweeter

The flip side to that though may be that it is just what your body needs (more carbs) to find your "sweet spot".

Comment

• you do not have to share... but where do you fall in your assessment??
                        Attached Files
                        Karin

Comment

• none, I am more of a generous hour glass, they make the fat ones look so frumpy...tatas hangin to the waist (mine aren't that big!), belly hangin over the thighs, nope, none of them are quite right.

p.s. soup is always good! you can make a huge batch and use some bone broth and only put in the veggies that you like, but lots of 'em. Then when you heat it up you can add the meat then, maybe a burger or (like I do) a can of tuna, to get your protein too.
                          Last edited by demuralist; 02-01-2012, 01:47 PM. Reason: add p.s.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Depends on the day LOL Some days I feel like a 9 going to a 10. Somedays a 7. Reality is probably an 8
                            Redflame
                            Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
                            Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
                            Goal of Significant Weight Loss
                            15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• I definitely was a 9 going on 10, but am now probably an 8 with 6's legs - maybe closer to 7. I've definitely got the body morphic image thing going on. I used to feel thin (and look thin to me in the mirror) last fall after loosing 100lbs, but now see as fat as ever when I look in the mirror, even though I'm wearing the same clothes as then.

Comment

• I saw a show (I think it was "what not to wear") once where they made the woman draw a life size outline type drawing of herself, then they put her up against the paper and traced her over what she had drawn, and she was a good 4" smaller on each side! I think my mental distortion is in the other direction, because when I see a photo of myself I am shocked at how heavy I really look.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X