No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stay under 50g of carbs, but all from vegetables, no actual 'sugar'.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      I stay under 50g of carbs, but all from vegetables, no actual 'sugar'.
      I've been eating fruits, nuts, vegetables, coconut milk and almond milk. For dinner I get good red meat sources and eat no sugar to let my blood sugar fall a bit before I go to bed.

Keep in mind I also IF every day and my macro nutrient ratios should be different because I exercise walking up stairs (nonstop for glycogen depletion) doing interval training 4-5 times a week.
      Last edited by fpsjosh01; 01-30-2012, 01:32 PM.
      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
      Follow me on google+
      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Yes, I would definitely say you are having a different food experience than I am at least. I do occasional fruit, almonds, and daily do coconut milk and almond (homemade) milk, and lots of veggies.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          Yes, I would definitely say you are having a different food experience than I am at least. I do occasional fruit, almonds, and daily do coconut milk and almond (homemade) milk, and lots of veggies.
          Homemade almond milk? Awesome, I have to buy store-crap, and most of the sugar is yogurt based anyway (and required by the ferment.)
          Follow me on google+

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
            still drinking up a storm.. still feel like I live in the sahara.. I am so thirsty. I am taking tomorrow off. The morning is just to rest a bit more from the cold and the afternoon is to watch dd in the spelling bee.
            How's your blood sugar? Excessive thirst is a symptom of diabetes.

Comment

• Remember I said about a week ago I was craving salt, I wanted salt on everything......I really find that to be true when I am 'on plan'......I dont know if it is the low carbs or just the absence of sugar and wheat, but I just NEED salt, in turn I am thirsty. I did have some blueberries twice this last weekend and I did not want as much salt or water........Now that I am "without" I am craving some bacon and eggs, with lots of salt and pepper......

Wonder what this 'thirst' thing is all about! I may go do some research
              Redflame
              Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
              Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
              Goal of Significant Weight Loss
              15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• I do not think my being tired has anything to do with IFing.. I mean really?? I ate 3 meals yesterday and even went over on mac's to compensate for today. I still have lingering cold effects and I think being tired is a result of improper breathing because of it. With my asthma, colds are no fun.

So today I did not IF lunch.. I wanted some bone broth with veggies that I made yesterday. So I had that annnndd some cheese (this will help nothing and be a last for a while) aaaaannnd some sunbutter (TOM is coming). Drinking drinking.. so flippin thirsty. So I call the nurse and am like.. what do I do, got some ideas. She says come in to be on the safe side. I go in, the urine test shows I am slightly dehydrated.. really?? I have already drank a half gallon of water today.. how can this be.. the doc is stumped. They ran blood tests and I have the results which is gobble-de-gook.. will have to wait for a translation. He is checking liver and kidney function. My mom reminded me of a time when I was in HS and I was thirsty, drinking water and my kidneys just kind of quit functioning right and I was told to quit drinking. I do not think I see myself there.. and quit?? are you kidding me?? However, the scale is showing water retention as well...major gripe to go with this is my tongue hurts because of the dryness. Salt?? I eat salt.. I watch how much so its not like I do not eat any... <chocolate velvet cake and cookies!!!!> <------ new cuss words as thats about the only things those type of items are good for.

oh.. I have a gripe about men too but will leave that to another time. I just have the rottenest damnedest luck! What the hell is wrong with them??!!

dinner tonight at village inn.. just because.. pork chops, broccoli, carrots, salad (cuz they were out of soup AGAIN!) and a bite ot 2 of dd crepes. I did not eat the biscuit (hooray for small victories)

mood: frustration
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I hope you feel better soon. Men are often idiots, even the good ones.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                    I hope you feel better soon. Men are often idiots, even the good ones.
                    I guess everyone's allowed to be a tad sexist XD.
                    Follow me on google+

Comment

• 281.5 holding.. but ok.. at least I am not bobbing in water weight.. would like to see those 270's again..

I am back at work today and its taking everything I have not to scream at my classroom!! OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!! Are you kidding me??????

ohhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

B: 3 eggs, coffee (sparse I know but limited options this morning)
                      L: salad with 2 HB eggs+ 1 T sunbutter (maybe) (sparse as well, but I am lacing imagination today..)
                      D: no clue.. H2o aerobics today.. looking forward to that.
                      Karin

Comment

• Hang in there girl. Thinking of you today.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• thanks Paula!!

Got a couple comments about losing today. It makes me feel good, especially when the scale doesn't tell me shit. I need to take measurements but can not find my measurement tape
                          Karin

Comment

• well 'deep fried chocolate chip cooke'!!!!! I am 3 days early??? Is my body trying to synch with ya'll or what?? strangeness!

H2o aerobics we had a sub.. ummm this sub usually teaches an advanced class only offered in the morning only(why??) after tonight I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to take it, I have never worked so hard! oh my gosh.. you can not see it in my arms but they feel RIIPPPPED (in a good way). Did OMG pushups and so much more. Uh yeah... came home and am a laundry speed demon..LOL

I did not IF today.. which is a good thing since TOM arrived.. no wonder I was blah yesterday!!! Who knew?
                            Karin

Comment

• You can't use food exclamations here, silly. We'll think you actually ate the cookie.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                You can't use food exclamations here, silly. We'll think you actually ate the cookie.
                                +1 what she said!

Does that teacher teach at another time you can make it to, maybe Saturday morning? Love when I get a good workout!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X