The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris- checking it out again

Josh- but i want it noooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaa! (can you hear th whine?) LOL

Paula- so when you IF, you do one meal.. hmmm.. would like to work up to that.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• ok. Looking at the site I found this:
      The Leangains program is based on a few simple rules.

Fast 16 hours every day.
      Eat within an 8-hour window every day.
      Exercise with high intensity, a few times per week, often while still in a fasted state.
      Use 10 g of BCAA before or during your exercise session.
      On your exercise days, eat 2-3 big meals of protein (meat), veggies, and carbs.
      Eat your largest meal directly after your workout.
      On non-exercise days, eat 2-3 meals of protein (meat), veggies, and fats.
      Eat mostly whole, minimally processed foods, instead of processed foods or supplements.

I do not know what BCAA is.. but this certainly looks feasible. If I eat between 12-8 and fast from 8pm-12pm I would have my 8 hour feeding window. The site said this is possible everyday. The thing is, I did the window similar today and had bingeing moments because I think, I lacked the morning protein. Maybe its mind over matter?? I was thinking though that if I did the feeding fro 12-8, I would be eating after my workouts in the evening. Which is good.

Ideas? Suggestions?
      Karin

Comment

• I do better with 24 hr fast (eat stop eat type -- but basically what Paula says -- I skip 2 meals for 2 days, 24 hour total) than the smaller window. My problem with the smaller window was that I couldn't get enough nutrients in consistently. But, it works for lots of people, so it may for you as well. I think I read that women generally do better with a 16 hour (instead 18 hour) window.

Also, I have to have been eating pretty clean (good meat, veggies, enough fat) to go into a fast. I can easily breeze through it. If I've not been good, I'm susceptible to binges.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post

I do not know what BCAA is.. but this certainly looks feasible. If I eat between 12-8 and fast from 8pm-12pm I would have my 8 hour feeding window. The site said this is possible everyday. The thing is, I did the window similar today and had bingeing moments because I think, I lacked the morning protein. Maybe its mind over matter?? I was thinking though that if I did the feeding fro 12-8, I would be eating after my workouts in the evening. Which is good.

Ideas? Suggestions?
          BCAA stands for Branched-Chain Amino Acids - BRANCHED-CHAIN AMINO ACIDS: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

Going primal led me back to the natural eating pattern I had before I had my children. My pattern (didn't know about "eating windows" 25+ years ago) was and now tends to be 10am-6pm on weekdays, with shorter windows on the weekend.

Comment

• I generally do a 12 hr eating window on weekdays and an 8 hr window on weekends with 1 24 hr IF/ week. I did not get as good results doing the daily leangains approach. Everyone has to find their own best IF plan. Actually with my IF plan, I eat 2 meals both days. Breakfast-Lunch skip dinner. Skip breakfast eat Lunch-Dinner.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• My only suggestion would be to not try to change too much at once and the Leangains sounds like a lot of change. Paula and Ruth sound like they have a pretty reasonable thing going. Not everyone benefits from IF, I think about once a week you give it a shot changing maybe one thing from the last time you tried it, until you get to a point where you are doing it pretty easily or you just say it is not for you.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 283.5 down 1.5 we all know this is water but at the same time, when you are storing water, how do you really know your true weight??? I do want to ease into IF and see how I can make it work for me. There are many folks that eat just 2 meals a day which is fine with me. I just need to make sure I am getting plenty of nutrients those 2 meals.

Paula: I like this approach: Breakfast-Lunch skip dinner. Skip breakfast eat Lunch-Dinner

So I had dinner last night, breakfast this morning, I will have lunch (so that is 3 meals in a row) but am going to skip dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow.

B: eggs and pork country rib
                L: chicken with peas and 2 HB eggs.. forgot the graperfruit..grrr

I feel behind on my liquids already.. still working on initial 22 oz of coffee, going to also add some acv to water today and made another jug of lovely lemon verbina/camomile tea for this after noon.
                Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-26-2012, 11:37 AM.
                Karin

Comment

• Sounds like a good plan, Karin Water aerobics tonight? Keep chugging the water, I think it helps with immunity (don't know why I would think this...just something I've noticed with me...but could be a combination of a lot of factors).
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I need to figure out how to hook a box of tissue to my pants LOL.. guzzle guzzle

YES!! Water aerobics.. I LOVE IT!! I notice there are always a couple that go more to socialize..lol.. they do not work hard, but dang, I paid for the hour I am going to make it pay me back!
                    Karin

Comment

• I am gonna warn ya, once you get friendly with the chatty ones it can mess up your work out, cause you feel obliged to be pleasant and they won't stop talking. I am with you though, I paid for the hours and I want it to matter! Have fun.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Ideas? Suggestions?
                        Just do 8 hour feeding window, eat what makes you happy. No snacking, just 2 big meals. Workout fasted.

This is exactly what I'm doing.
                        Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                        Follow me on google+
                        Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                        "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• sniff sniff sneeze guzzle guzzle.. holy crap! I have finally broke down and took some cold medicine.

70oz in. I am finding I need to write my fluids down or I quit drinking.

oh, forgot one.. tinkle tinkle..LMAO!!

Its the weather I tell ya!!! No moisture and we all go stir crazy!
                          Karin

Comment

• DH has a cold, so hoping he doesn't pass it on. Unfortunately given our low level of physical contact that is highly likely! Ds is gone this weekend so hopefully he won't get it.

I forgot to take my ACV to work, I don't wanna drink it now cause I don't have easy access to a RR during rifle practice this afternoon, will have to chug it when I get home.

warm but wet here, weather that is!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• checking in on the fast.. doing well. I have over 100oz of fluids in.. truth, I lost count at 100. I am amazed how dry my skin is with this much liquid though. Oh but had 32+ oz of water with ACV

H2O aerobics was good but there was only another gal, myself and the instructor. The social butterflies did not attend. I make sure I work out on the opposite side so I am not distracted from working my butt off!

Feeling good with no dinner (not even an inkling).. I will skip breakfast (take coffee black) and have a BAS for lunch (I think).

and mysterious?? Ummm maybe a little. I will let you all know should something develop
                              Karin

Comment

checking in on the fast.. doing well. I have over 100oz of fluids in.. truth, I lost count at 100. I am amazed how dry my skin is with this much liquid though. Oh but had 32+ oz of water with ACV

H2O aerobics was good but there was only another gal, myself and the instructor. The social butterflies did not attend. I make sure I work out on the opposite side so I am not distracted from working my butt off!

Feeling good with no dinner (not even an inkling).. I will skip breakfast (take coffee black) and have a BAS for lunch (I think).

and mysterious?? Ummm maybe a little. I will let you all know should something develop
                                Sorry about the dry skin! You could try using coconut oil. The mcts are wonderful for your skin! (Also butter is wonderful too. I'm going to try beef fat tomorrow because it's exactly the same fatty acid profile of the cells in your body.)

I do this all the time and I have silky smooth hands.

Not to mention it actually helps you absorb calories in fat!

Shhhh don't tell my clients.
                                Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                                Follow me on google+
                                Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                                "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

Working...
                                X