No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always had a water bottle during the water aerobics. The water was actually always a tad too warm for a work out because they used the same pool for therapy and it was a constant battle between the workout crew and the therapy crew as to the temp. If the water is too warm it would actually make me sick to my stomach when I was working out, so I drank a lot of water.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Keeping my fingers crossed that the IF works well. Glad you are staying hydrated, especially during the IF (of course, I can't imagine trying to fit in RR breaks with 20 kids). If not, we'll help you figure out something else to try
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        I always had a water bottle during the water aerobics. The water was actually always a tad too warm for a work out because they used the same pool for therapy and it was a constant battle between the workout crew and the therapy crew as to the temp. If the water is too warm it would actually make me sick to my stomach when I was working out, so I drank a lot of water.
        I think the water is too cold when I get in. However the HS swim team is always practicing at the same time so that is probably why.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
          Keeping my fingers crossed that the IF works well. Glad you are staying hydrated, especially during the IF (of course, I can't imagine trying to fit in RR breaks with 20 kids). If not, we'll help you figure out something else to try
          20+ kids. My next class has 26 and in a science class that is HUGE. guzzle guzzzle guzzle..
          Karin

Comment

• I promise it is better for your workout that the water is cold.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• By the end of class, I not longer notice the cool water

Ok.. ate lunch at 11am. I will say that at @ 10am, by body was giving mild signals that it was missing something. Kind of like when you forget where you parked the car. I resisited.. drink drink drink... I was ready at 11am but NOT RAVENOUSLY hungry. hmmmm thinks I!!! I think I am going to do this again on Thursday/Fri only maybe wait until noon. The reason I think of waiting is to make my body work harder. I had even thought about doing this today/tomorrow but am unsure how frequent is a good thing. So for lunch to feed the body I had a BAS, with lots of greens, an avocado, @ 4oz chicken and 2 hard boiled eggs topped with red wine vinegar and evoo and salad sprinkle and then a grapefruit. WHO NEEDS SALAD DRESSING??!! NOT I!!! Happy tummy.. FULL tummy. drink drink only to 42 oz for now. I have a tea ready to go that will be another 26oz and a water another 16oz before I leave school for the day. Then tonight... more fluid. *sigh*

Woke up this morning stuffy. It is so dry here.. no moisture to speak of. DD is trying to share her cold again, I am resisting and trying to beat it before antiB's are needed. My solution: grapefruit- lots of it, nettie pot and the ever popular fluids.

Bought a can of mackerel at the store.. going to make mackerel cakes (like salmon) and see how different they are. Sounds good for dinner
              Karin

Comment

• I had to stop the neti pot because I got it in my ear canal, which made things worse. But I do, 2x's daily, spritz my sinus with the saline solution that comes in a can, pricey but it works. Dh uses a plastic bottle he got from the allergist. it has a straw down into it so you just lean over the sink. He just adds salt and warm water. It is this one...NeilMed Pharmaceuticals, Makers of Sinus Rinse, NasaFlo Netipot, Nasal Irrigation

It has helped me a lot, him to until yesterday, he has a cold now.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• my ears kind of hurt on occasion lately, not sure if its because of the pool work lately. But the whole sinus thing is connected. I just want to stay on top of it.
                  Karin

Comment

• I am going to have to perfect this IF thing.. the binge urge was great this afternoon and I am not that strong..
                    Karin

Comment

• That is the one thing I got out of the "Leptin Reset" that I did. When I get a good amount of protein for breakfast the urge to binge is pretty much non-existant.

I am actually trying to go back to the 50g of protein for breakfast idea, it worked well for me. When I changed protein powders (cause this one is about one third the price when on sale) I lost 14g of protein a day (I use 2 scoops). That is a lot for one meal.
                      Last edited by demuralist; 01-26-2012, 05:23 AM. Reason: clairfy
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                        I am IFing until 11am when I have my lunch. This will be a 18 hr fast.
                        I am doing my weekly 24 hr fast from 12pm today until 12pm tomorrow. Glad I brought my own lunch to the conference. They had salad and lasagna. I had chicken curry and salad.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          I am doing my weekly 24 hr fast from 12pm today until 12pm tomorrow. Glad I brought my own lunch to the conference. They had salad and lasagna. I had chicken curry and salad.
                          so, if I wanted to do my 18 hr fast.. but make sure I get a nice protein packed breakfast, I could do a 12pm (I would get breakfast and lunch) to 6am the next day. Right?
                          Karin

Comment

• that sounds about right. I think that a once a week deal to start with, like Paula is probably a good way to start. Did you read that article that Ruth posted on IFing? It was really good.Intermittent Fasting | John Berardi Intermittent Fasting Free E-book
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                              so, if I wanted to do my 18 hr fast.. but make sure I get a nice protein packed breakfast, I could do a 12pm (I would get breakfast and lunch) to 6am the next day. Right?
                              Hey, it's only a question of math XD. Yeah you can totally get away with that. Your liver is more than happy to compensate and carry you throughout your day and while you sleep.

If you still feel uncomfortable with fasting, go ahead and take your time. There's no rush to get healthy.
                              Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                              Follow me on google+
                              Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                              "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Or you could do breakfast to breakfast eventually. I eat lunch then IF until the next day at the same time and eat lunch again. I am only missing out on one dinner and one breakfast. It makes for two lower calorie days. My breakfast is always the same, so even though I may be hungry, missing it does not make me crazy.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X