No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karin, how about adding a fruit or some sweet potato to one day a week? Maybe an IF 1x per week. The problem may be in eating the same thing day in and day out. Are you tracking regularly? Are you getting the Macros you need according to the formula? Just some thoughts.

Truth is, I have not found the "coaching" part of this program to be very helpful at all. My 2 months ran out yesterday and I have learned more from you ladies than anyone else.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I think the coaching for me is more about feeling there is someone there I want to show results to. I definitely think our support group is essential.

Karin, I would say that tracking (and maybe even weighing and measuring your food and fluids) will give you the answer. I think in general that none of us is going gangbusters in the losing department (except maybe Paula!), and I am sure there is a hormonal issue among other things.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Is sodium an issue for you? I know some people around here watch their intake, but sometimes a bit more salt can help with absorption if water seems to just be going straight through you.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• I will be tracing closer. I do measure and weigh my food though. I am sesative to salt and I think it has been creeping back into my diet I think. I am interested in fasting 1x per week to start. Its finding the day. Do I want to fast on the days I have water aerobics or on the off days.

Liquids so far 100 oz. I get a little nervous about liquids though. I think, what if my weight goes up because I am increasing them. I know liquids flush the kidneys but it seems like a catch 22.

Again, I need to focus on veggies too. I am trying to eat at least large servings of greens/day.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• the beauty of veggies is that they contain fluid as well and also help with the flushing process. I think that, within reason, (say a gallon or so or less), that you can't really get too much fluid. I have gone through many phases of my life when I drank a gallon a day. Actually was doing that, plus a little, right when I came off the diuretic in order to lose back that fluid, probably that is my issue right now, as I have let that slip down to a lot less.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I WANT WEIGHT GONE!!!!!!!

did you hear my scream??
              Karin

Comment

• no, you really want fat gone. The amount of weight difference you are talking about, especially since it is obviously water, likely makes very little difference in your size (ie. how your pants fit). But if I were you I would measure the next day you have one of those very low days and see what kind of difference it does make.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Good idea Chris!

So while I wait to head to the DRC for my H2O aerobics.. I am at Dillons (Kroger) enjoying their gi-anormous, fresh, glorious salad bar! Got my veggies in for sure. So after this water bottle I will have 132 oz of liquids. Hate drinking so much because got to go to the RR so much. Not easy when you have 20 some kids in the room. I am curious as to what the weight will be in the morning after increasing and tracking me water.
                  Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    I WANT WEIGHT GONE!!!!!!!

did you hear my scream??
                    Loud. And. Clear. I'm fighting for ya.
                    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                    Follow me on google+
                    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• ok.. So today I have had 132oz of liquid and I am still thirsty. So, wil probably have another 16 oz bottle before bed. Work out was awesome! One thing I noticed is that with H2o aerobics you can work with as much resistance as you like. I worked hard tonight. At times I felt like either my legs or arms were going to fall off. However it felt good.

So I have been thinking about Paula's suggestion of an IF and thinking od Josh's recommendations and am going to do an experiment. I finished supper before 5pm (BBAS). When I got home, I took a tsp of coconut oil and I am going to see if I can go to 11am (lunch tomorrow). If I am feeling twitchy in the am, i might have another tsp of coconut oil. I plan to have coffee black as I think hwc would shoot the results down.
                      Karin

Comment

• good luck!

When I did H2O aerobics, I would actually sweat during class and for at least an hour or so after! I just went through a few days where I was very thirsty even though I had had all of my fluids (when I get all that I plan for I get slightly over a gallon- it has been much closer to 100oz lately). Also, your body does get used to the fluid and your trips to the RR will decrease but they will be more productive, if you know what I mean.

I had homemade sauerkraut with lunch, I had put some fenugreek seeds in there, very yummy!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Chris I can not find that you tube link for the medatation music/beats. I have been through all our blogs and cant find it. Can you put it here?
                          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            good luck!

When I did H2O aerobics, I would actually sweat during class and for at least an hour or so after! I just went through a few days where I was very thirsty even though I had had all of my fluids (when I get all that I plan for I get slightly over a gallon- it has been much closer to 100oz lately). Also, your body does get used to the fluid and your trips to the RR will decrease but they will be more productive, if you know what I mean.

I had homemade sauerkraut with lunch, I had put some fenugreek seeds in there, very yummy!
                            thank you for the encouragement!!
                            Karin

Comment

• Very Deep & Powerful Binaural Beat Delta Meditation Music - Relaxation Binaural - YouTube

I usually just go to youtube.com and do a search on binaural beats. I pick the length of time I want and the effect I want (ie. relax or energy or whatever). The ones I have on my iPod I got from books I have bought in the past (Jon Gabriel's and Paul McKenna's).
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Thanks Chris

285 this morning.. with all I drank I still feel like I am living in the Sahara! Going to do it again though. I am IFing until 11am when I have my lunch. This will be a 18 hr fast. Curious as to how it goes. All I have had this morning is black coffee. For lunch I have a BAS planned. For dinner, tbd. I am curious as to the weigh in tomorrow from the IF today. Of course it may take more than 1 IF to see some results especially with the water issue. I might just do this again on Thursday (the next workout day)

Oh Chris, I took a water bottle with me to H2o aerobics..LOL. sounds silly but your right, you do work up a sweat.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X