• 282 this morning.. hello water!!

Items on my list for the weekend:
    1. making jerky
    2. starting my scooby for kombucha
    3. making homemade sausage and freezing patties
    4. crafting
    5. the ever present laundry and house hold chores
    6. A run to drop off stuff at goodwill

B: ummm coffee with hwc (I save this for weekends), fresh blueberries, and ummmm maybe a couple of eggs
    L: left over shrimp on a salad
    D: ???
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-21-2012, 06:52 AM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Well the jerky is marinating. I think I will put it on overnight to dry in the dehydrator. I found a new use for the searted bread knife.. its great for cutting slightly frozen meat!

Kombucha is growing a scoby. It will be 2 weeks before I can make tea. It was super easy!!

Getting ready to make sausage.. there is hardly any salt in in which is perfect.

I have been inspired today and my crafting has been productive!! WHOOP!!

Feeling dis-jointed here a bit..so I took a good book and took a long hot bath.. made my back feel so much better. Good will run will have to wait for the morrow.

hmm... was it something I said??
      Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-21-2012, 07:44 PM.
      Karin

Comment

• Wish I was that productive in a day
        -- Ruth

Comment

• 282.5 +5, you know I used to be able to tell if I was retaining water just looking at my ankles and determining the amount of bone I could see vs. say rings getting tight. Not so much anymore.. I think my body is changing, have to look for other puffy places I think. Knowing my luck the puffy places are not visible. LOL

So I made the breakfast sausage last night and let it get all happy over night in the fridge. Cooked some up this morning and it was so good. When I have cooked commercial sausage in the past, there is always so much grease in the pan. With this stuff, hardly anything in the pan. My butcher must use loin or lean butt. It was so tasty though and not so heavy!

The jerky was done this morning.. wow.. so good. All I used was coconut aminos and salt and pepper. The meat was sliced pretty thin and was not chewy. IT was a little crunchy. Next time, I will either slice thicker if leaving it over night or keep it the same and dehydrate during the day where I can watch it. It was a little too dry for dd. Thats ok though, 1. it was a learning experience and 2. more for me I have decided that I need to keep some in the car for after water aerobics. I am usually a little hungry, or feeling the need for a little protein.

I need to go and work in the storage unit today and get things gone. So much I have not used or looked at in over a year, why have it. There will be 2 piles: trash and good will. Very little needs to come home. Although there are some garden items that need to come home for this years garden. Can not wait for that again!!

oh and saw a tip on pintrest I thought I would share. If you buy garden onions and then realize you have extra onions but nothing to put them in. I saw where they chopped them and then put them in a clean empty water bottle and threw it in the freezer. Then when you have dishes that call for garden onions, you shake out what you need. Thought that was a pretty handy tip.

B: 4 cups coffee with cream (2 mugs) and a sausage patty
          L: tbd
          D: tbd

on the agenda today:
          1. TENS therapy + stretches
          2. do some EM movements that do not kill the back
          3. crafting.. I still have the creative bug. Have to ride out this wave..
          4. storage unit *sigh*
          5. laundry and vacuuming. Sally Homemaker I am not. I am trying though!!!
          Karin

Comment

• Funny you mentioned not being able to see puffy spots. I used to use my rings as an indicator. Now all my rings are so big, even with some water retention, so that no long works!

How do you make your sausage?

Sally Homemaker I am not either. We bought a house big enough for my mom to live with us, with enough room for the kiddos we hope to have. Problem is, it's a heck of a lot to clean. Especially with 2 furry dogs and lack of motivation!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• sausage:
              1 lb ground pork
              1 t sage
              1T dehydrated onion
              1 t chili pakee
              salt and pepper (@ 1 tsp each)
              3/4 t thyme

mix.. I let it sit over night in fridge. Then I either cook it or make patties and freeze it.

some people like a sweetner sausage. For that, replace dehydrated onion for onion POWDER, skip the chili and add 1 T pure maple syrup
              Karin

Comment

• wowm you are one busy lady! I might get that much done in a week if I am lucky. And with an iffy back, pretty impressive.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thanks for the recipe, Karin.

Okay, the bone broth is awesome. Why have I not been making this in the last 6 months???? My green chile is beyond awesome. I think I need to make a big pot of veggie soup with...
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth- the best soup I ever made had both pork bone broth and beef bone broth.. WOW!! never store bought broth again!!

Chris: I find, if I just lay around and baby it, it makes it worse because it gets stiff. Pain is enough to deal with but pain and stuff is truly ucky. So, projects keeps me moving. At times, moving slow, but I am moving
                    Karin

Comment

• My hips are like that. I don't notice anything all day until I sit down at night to watch tv/knit after a very little bit I start to stiffen up. Part of me thinks its the old couch though.

Gotta buy more bones today, start another batch so I don't have to go without my soup. Between the 2 days to make the broth and the full day to do the soup I have to really plan ahead. I am going to throw in a pork bone too this time, that sound like a good idea.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have a pork bone too. Need to try it. It does take a bit of planning ahead. Yay, I'm so glad you two had this conversation. I would never have gotten my rear in gear!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• 283 +.5 water, water.. but I feel so stinkin' dehydrated!!! Even though this is water weight, sounds like my body is just hanging on.

more later, as dept head, I have science teachers in for a meeting.
                          Karin

Comment

• I think when we get dehydrated our body actually holds water, it is a strange situation. Gotta chug-a-lug (me too, I am slipping)
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• back to 285. I know I am dehydrated, can not think why or how though. I am always drinking something!! I wake up in the middle of the night miserably thirsty and guzzle at least a half bottle of water. Matt wants a weeks worth of journals and since I did not journal this weekend, I told him I would send him this week's worth on Friday.

ugh.. bell rang and I am behind again. Will catch up with ya'll later today.
                              Karin

Comment

• from Matt: HI Karin! It got through that time… I had sent you that email last week and it got bounced back.

How often are these water weight swings happening? What are they correlated with? Any specific behavior or time period? If you’re tracking food and weight you should be able to look back and figure it."

yeah, ok.. this does not help much I eat pretty much the same foods. Going up is not related to fat, it can not be. the water swings: Last low swing was 279.5 on Dec 16 (TOM Dec 7), and 278.5 on Jan 20th (TOM Jan 5). Do not see anything there... so according to this, I have a magic day per month where i have an accurate weight not daily as daily is water weight?? How much sense does THAT make??? grr
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X