No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant post pics worth a darn with my ipad but i did send sone pics in fb to give you a general idea. Horrific. Messiness rated xxxxrta awful.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Food and drinks other than water at our house are never allowed anywhere except the large area that encompasses the kitchen/dining room/living room. I grew up in Florida-ewww roaches!

Company is always encouraged at our house (it is how my Honey gets me to get the house clean and get really good food-win win for him).
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh thats the rule here too.. She is not much of a rule follower (sigh). Mental note: set up a tour of a jail.

Got hemp protein ordered since i can not do whey etc. Also, i ordered the greens mix from doterra that is a powder you mix in water or a protein shake. Its not bad at all. I tried at one time the garden of life greens and about died, it was so awful. I just do not get enough veggies. I am on the go so much, sometimes dinner is catch as catch can (i just do not have a normal family with regular meals and meal times like yall). This, i think will help get those nutrients.

Chicken coop is suppose to be delivered today! Whoop!! Getting closer to chickens and MY OWN EGGS. Although, i still will probably get eggs from my egg lady as we are an egg household.

Tonight i will get the fertilizer to condition my bales of hay for the garden. Getting excited for that too.

Karin

Comment

• Veggies growin in the hay bales?

Saw the picture of the coop, I am jealous.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes!! No plowing, tiling or stooping with this gardening. Which considering my injuries and my moms knee replacement it works great. I will start conditioning the bales today as i had to get the right fertilizer. I will be sharing pics on fb along the way.

I also need to work on getting the chicken yard around the coop going as well. I am so excited. I hope to get the chicks this week but am also debating on just getting young hens and not messing the chicks.

This week: lily has a dentist appt, i have a kidless lunch with a friend and we may take a day trip besides working on the garden and the coop.

Karin

Comment

• Got the chicken yard up around the coop for when the chickens have to be "in". Spoiled chickens will have 400 square feet to play in. Considering i want to only start with 6 chickens, thats a lot of space.

The kid was exploring by the creek and got into the poison ivy..i made a "mud" with clay from the health food store she is using along with benedryl. Hard headed girl was told, MANY times to not go back there because of the poison ivy..ugh!! Natural consequence she will remember, until she forgets..yes, i know that sentence was redundent, so is my daughter, God love her.

I got my bag of hemp protein so will be starting up the smoothies again. I also have the terra greens i plan to add. Both are so low calorie and allergen free for me so perhaps this will help budge the weight as i have seen zero loss..Z.E.R.O and i watch my portions and servings, thank you.

Working on the garden today before rain tomorrow. Mom is going to paint the coop door. Lily has to see the dentist and she is already crabby with the PI. Going to be a fun day.

Karin

Comment

• You may want to consider starting with a dozen chickens as you have the space. Chickens require feeding and egg collecting every day whether they are 2 or 20. I have found that you want enough chickens to supply most of your needs otherwise it is just more work to do. Also, adding chickens later to an established flock can be tricky. Hens do have a pecking order and hen pecking can be til death. Plus staring with more chickens leaves you with room for some accidents if you know what I mean!

Comment

• A dozen birds sounds smart. We can do a dozen easy i think.

Karin

Comment

• That means you will be getting seven dozen eggs a week once they start laying. Got anyone in mind to sell the extras to?
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Too bad you don't live closer. We use a LOT of eggs..........
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Lol.. Not at the moment but pretty sure there might be teachers at school interested. We do eat a lot of eggs in this house though.

I wish yall lived close because i would share . I know they freeze but still..lol

Karin

Comment

• I am pretty confident I am not going to get out of this parenting thing alive.
                          Karin

Comment

• hahaha, it is you or her, kid, hang in there.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• *crickets*

The end of school is near. The packing to move my classroom is daunting and I am hating every moment of the task.. hence, I keep putting it off. I am however, looking forward to my new school next year. Kind of excited there even though its every kind of new experience. It will be a good thing. The climate at current school is chilly to hostile at times. Holding on until the end..*sigh*

CHICKENS!!! I can not remember if I shared that I can not count chickens. I was suppose to get 10, she gave me 11. I counted 11 many times after getting them. A week later, I counted 12. Yup.. she gave me 12. *sigh* Coming to love all of them, even the one I named Heffer because she acts like one. They are all earning their endearments and I love just watching them. I secretly think that it helps lower my blood pressure that has been at an all time high as of late. Yup.. chickens.. We should get eggs in June.

My foot..
                              back in the boot. Will share more when I know.

My child... GOD HELP ME
                              So.. she compromised her safety in so many ways and is on lockdown still.. I have had to change so much the stress, the tears.. *snip*
                              I love my child. She can at times be the most witty, adorable, entertaining and endearing child. Then there are the times...*snip*
                              The girl is playing soccer and is amazing to watch. Last night she played both team A and B as they were players short. She did an amazing job. I LOVE watching the girl play and dance the ball around. Camp will be upon us soon. We are both excited as I have plans to work on her room while she is away.

my family..
                              Mom and the girls relationship has not improved.. the stress and tears *snip*
                              Lily will not be going to Colorado as conditions with my dad are not the best. I am realizing my dad is not a social drinker, he is an alcoholic and things are deteriorating at a fast pace. Relationship has always been strained at best.. its about nonexistent now.. the tears..*snip*

Fact: I have cried more this month than in the past 10 years (I am not a cryer). Fact: My weight is still deplorable but I cease to care most days. Fact: My blood pressure is on the rise which sucks.
                              Karin

Comment

• though it is not good that you need to, the crying is definitely a stress reducer.

so sorry for all the stress you are under, wish there was something I could do to help. (((hugs)))
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X