No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 285.5- holding.. which is strange because I feel thinner..LOL My brain be messin with me again!! LOL

The IF was fine.. I was still not hungry this morning but thought I out to have a little protein so I have 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast. My back is achey. It started last night so I went to the pool about 40 minutes early to stretch it out.. did a few laps.. then did the water aerobics, stretched it out some more.. hmmm.. I have not done electrical therapy on it in days.. probably need to. I took a motrin 800 and a muscle relaxer so I can function at school today. I will do some therapy probably during my plan time after lunch.

Jerky is an awesome idea!! I was just thinking I need to dig that dehydrator out of the cabinet and get my butt busy. I have some roasts in the freezer I bought for this purpose.

Lunch today is salad with chicken breast and a grapefruit. I have been physically feeling well lately, and seem to have fought off that last cold faster than ever before it never made it to the chest. A rarity to be sure!! I was sure I would be in to the doc's a week after Lily gave it to me with complications because that seems to have been the pattern in the past. But... nope!! Feeling good.. one of the changes I can think of to account for this is I eat a good deal of grapefruit. Maybe there is something to this C thing..LOL They also have way less sugar than oranges etc. and those I am not over fond of anyway as its too sweet.

Dinner- no idea.. maybe some soup.. its frickin cold here!! 17 degrees on the way to work, wind chill was like 9. Oh, and another observation.. its this dang cold and I am not feeling the need for my heavy down coat. I am not saying its not cold.. I think os it as more chilly.. of course though, I am not standing out in it for long lengths of time. We will see just how tough I am when I have morning outside duty in a week or 2! LOL

happy, happy today.. YOU have a happy happy day too!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Wow, you sound good! even with the twinge of back stuff, you go!

I think eating your vitamin C is much better than taking a vitamin C pill, there is so much more in a grapefruit than just the one vitamin!

I have a roast in the freezer to do beef jerky with as well. I probably won't get to it for a couple of weeks though, current volunteering is overwhelming my spare time.

Our wind chill this morning was 20. My brother went to school in Kansas and had a wind chill once that was something like 35 below. He heard it on the radio while he was at his volunteer job as a basketball coach and could not figure out why no one else was there. The announcer said if you don't have to be out don't go out, so he just walked home. That is a Floridian for ya, no need to check the weather before you go out because it is always the same.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes...your positive attitude is infectious. Good idea to do a TENS preemptive strike.

I am having a very successful day as well even though my students are trying to piss me off and I've had to give some verbal beatdowns today. Very effective as that is not my usual MO.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I tend to be emotional and talk too much, so for my own children the most effective thing I could do was to get my words to the very minimum and to whisper, freaked them out when used sparingly.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OH yes, when I talk slowly and quietly my kids freak out, they are pretty sure I am going off the edge and they quit doing, or start doing, what ever I am ticked off about. Good to know what freaks them out!

Buckets of snow coming down here, probably will close the office early and go home and sew (and not eat)
            Redflame
            Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
            Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
            Goal of Significant Weight Loss
            15 pounds down! with more to go!

Comment

• @ 10.30, my get up and go, got up and went.. sleeeeeepy. WEIRD! I was up late though.. its been a nightly thing lately as there are a couple things going on.

still happy, happy joy joy though!
              Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post

Our wind chill this morning was 20. My brother went to school in Kansas and had a wind chill once that was something like 35 below. He heard it on the radio while he was at his volunteer job as a basketball coach and could not figure out why no one else was there. The announcer said if you don't have to be out don't go out, so he just walked home. That is a Floridian for ya, no need to check the weather before you go out because it is always the same.
                Oh yes.. some of our windchills are INSANE. I remember though when I was in college. The snow was horrendous.. I had an 8am class. I loved the class actually and was there but they did not cancel classes until I got there It so sucked!
                Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  Yes...your positive attitude is infectious. Good idea to do a TENS preemptive strike.

I am having a very successful day as well even though my students are trying to piss me off and I've had to give some verbal beatdowns today. Very effective as that is not my usual MO.
                  Had a come-to Jesus meeting with a few of mine too.. not for behavior but because of the quality of their work ..They know my expectations, they are high and they are capable.
                  Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Redflame View Post
                    OH yes, when I talk slowly and quietly my kids freak out, they are pretty sure I am going off the edge and they quit doing, or start doing, what ever I am ticked off about. Good to know what freaks them out!

Buckets of snow coming down here, probably will close the office early and go home and sew (and not eat)
                    Its a beautiful sun-shiny day but colder than a well diggers butt at the moment.
                    Karin

Comment

• The sun just broke through here, just in time for me to get off work, yeah!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Come to Jesus. LOL
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Karin, how do you know the bone broth is done? I had anticipated that the marrow would fall out of the bones and sort of dissolve. All that has happened is that the fat and any meat fell off the bone, marrow is in tact.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I need some happiness sent my way. I'm a major grumpy pants!

Can't comment on the broth. I usually roast the bones, scoop the marrow, then make broth.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I usually let my bone broth go for atleast 24hrs. I add a little ACV to the water too to help it pull out nutrients. My marrow always stays intact also. The stuff kinda freaks me out to be honest, so I give the bones to my grateful sled dogs (and watch them closely to be safe) while they happily chew the marrow out of them, so I don't feel so bad about not eating it

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                Karin, how do you know the bone broth is done? I had anticipated that the marrow would fall out of the bones and sort of dissolve. All that has happened is that the fat and any meat fell off the bone, marrow is in tact.
                                The marrow does not de-solve completely.. I kind of mush it though and blend it.. I like it in there though, it gives it depth I think. The marrow should have fallen out. You put a little vinegar in right? How long did you cook it? I cook mine 2 days minimum.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X