No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darn colds. Are you sure it isn't allergies? A few years ago we each got tested for allergies, and once we handled those (by avoidance and medication where necessary) we have not had any colds-well DD came home with one from college and gave it to me, but that was the first in years.

Feeling deprived is a sure fire way to set off a binge for me. Also, it took me years to quit smoking, starting every day. If finally took saying "ok, I am not quitting I am only stopping, for now" and a total life change (ie. everything I associated with smoking I stopped doing) before I was able to shake it. And that is easy compared to food! It is perseverance that will pay off. You have to make yourself know that you can and will do it. Cause we already know you can.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Karin, Yes I love sausage and it is easier to do than curing my own bacon. I have heard people talk of all natural bacon on MDA. Don't know where to find it. PS- I only get 50g protein in the morning if I do a Whey shake (not Paleo)

Ruth, I think slow elimination is the best way especially if I intend for the changes to be permanent instead of just 30 days.

I think that when I started Primal, I loved the permissiveness of the 20%. I had read The Paleo Diet first and it was so strict I didn't want to do it. I think I am ready for it now. I only have a few changes to make.
      Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-10-2012, 08:11 AM.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Karin, did the day off help fight off the cold? Is your back better? or did it take lower precedence with the cold coming on?

did you make any decisions on what to do about your whole 30?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 285.5 down 2 bounce bounce.. course I IF'd dinner.. was not hungry.

The cold is making its presence known.. nyquil is my friend at night. I am just trying to keep it out of my chest as that leads to steroids and asthma issues. The back was better yesterday, twinge here and there. The stretches help a lot as well as electrode therapy.

I think for the whole 30 I am going to nix the cheese (of all kinds) but not necessary the cream and butter because I only take a small portion of cream in the morning with my coffee and butter only when I cook. I like to cook once and eat on it 2-3 times. Lazy I know.. sue me. LOL I am not suppose to weigh everyday but for me, there is a benefit of it after reading the SPEED book. I am going to work to put in more veggies though.

Home again with daughter as she is still sick. It should be the last day. Took her to the docs and she has a sinus and respiratory infection so is on an antibiotic. I tried for a week and a half to let her body just fight it, but to no avail. She is seldom on antibiotics so I think she will be fine.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Glad you have a loss.

Hope both you and DD get to feeling better soon. It probably doesn't hurt for you to be home taking it easy either!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I think as long as you use the antibiotics only when necessary, they are an essential tool in the arsenal to stay alive! Luckily I am too old to have been over prescribed them and my kids are young enough that the pediatrician always did a test to know if it needed antibiotic or to wait it out.

Veggies are definitely my friend. they add color and bulk to my meals as well as needed nutrients and fiber, feel so much better when I am eating them. I would suspect that a splash of HWC and a pat of butter here and there are going to have a positive effect on your plan. You won't feel deprived, and you can focus on things that really are issues for you (cheese and processed/salty meats) and getting your veggies in.

I really like the quote on RMS's journal about the daily weigh in process about using the weight as a factor in determining future actions as opposed to as a determinant of past actions. (paraphrased badly, sorry, but great sentiment)
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• B: country ribs.. they were good.. would have been better bbq'd
                L: 3 egg salad made with mustard (thankyouverymuch) stuffed into Celery.. boooya!!
                D: umm yeah, no clue.. going to peruse the freezer
                Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                  B: country ribs.. they were good.. would have been better bbq'd
                  L: 3 egg salad made with mustard (thankyouverymuch) stuffed into Celery.. boooya!!
                  D: umm yeah, no clue.. going to peruse the freezer

Yum.
                  Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                  Follow me on google+
                  Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                  "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• dinner was a hamburger patty and some celery. Ok.. celery is just one of those veggies I could probably wax poetic on.. its crisp and clean tasting and goes with just about anything. I was not real hungry for dinner.. but a little on the empty side so it did not take much dinner to do the trick. Oh and had a cup o'decaf with a little coconut milk in it. I would say a good Whole 30 day for me!
                    Karin

Comment

• so maybe you just needed to give yourself some time to get used to the whole thing? have you tried this for your coffee...following my nose...: A Primal Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer

I think it is Whole 30 'legal', although I admit to not really knowing the rules for a whole 30.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• 287 this morning.. I can not remember if I took my meds yesterday. I did today though. Back at work but dd is home with grandma for the last day. She is feeling a little better and I am still holding it all at bay. Soooo wishing today was just over!!

B: 2 hamburger patties
                        L: umm yeah, had a meeting which pretty much screwed a chance at that. Had some jerky. I have a grapefruit.. will try and get that in as well.
                        D: I will probably have some chili at a restaurant while I am in town. They have all meat chili! Its pretty good.

Water aerobics tonight.. its only @ 32 degrees outside and the high. I brought warm sweats to change into.
                        Karin

Comment

• warning, they usually have to keep the pool for the aerobics fairly cool as well, because once you start sweating if it is warm it will make you sick. Have fun!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• thanks for the warning..

*sigh* greeeaaat
                            Karin

Comment

• Have Fun!
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• p.s. hope the class brightens up your day, sorry it isn't going better!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X