Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sounds like you have a solid plan for tomorrow. Hope all the physical stuff gets better soon.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

    Comment


    • 288 yup.. this this is true weight...*sigh* which means I have made no significant changes since the end of Nov. I find it interesting though I can be under on calories and still not lose weight. Granted I hit 50g carbs and usually my 92g fat, seldom hit the protein and do not lose.

      B: 2 eggs, natrtal sausage, black coffee (I figure drinking bpc is only when that IS my breakfast)
      L: TBD 2 hard boiled eggs and grapefruit- was so brain dead this morning I forgot about the soup
      D: Umm yeah- no clue

      Cold still at bay, back a little improved I think, TOM is gone, skipped "the" breakfast at school- life is good
      Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-09-2012, 12:12 PM. Reason: I forgot I left a couple hard boiled eggs in the fridge at work!! HUZZAH!!
      Karin


      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

      What am I doing? Depends on the day.

      Comment


      • I have come to the same conclusion about BPC. It works great for me on the weekends when I can skip breakfast. Otherwise, it is 500 calories too many.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

        Comment


        • OK.. so here are the stats for the day so far with Breakfast and lunch down-

          901 calories/1500-1650
          27g/50g carbs
          61g/92g fat
          52g/157g protein

          You know.. EVEN if I had brought more food.. I am not really hungry.. would I truly need it?? I feel sometimes I watch my food and nutrients like a hawk to the point I don't eat them. So why do I not eat them?? Scared?? I don't think so, not available?? sometimes not hungry?? often. So looking at this you might be thinking.. you better have a big ass dinner planned right?? Ummm I don't. In fact, I have no idea what I am doing for dinner as I did not take anything out of the freezer *sigh*

          Maybe, just maybe.. I need to have a cup of decaf bullet proof coffee with dinner!! LOL
          Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-09-2012, 12:20 PM. Reason: forgot to add the butter from cooking my eggs at breakfast
          Karin


          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

          What am I doing? Depends on the day.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
            OK.. so here are the stats for the day so far with Breakfast and lunch down-

            901 calories/1500-1650
            27g/50g carbs
            61g/92g fat
            52g/157g protein

            You know.. EVEN if I had brought more food.. I am not really hungry.. would I truly need it?? I feel sometimes I watch my food and nutrients like a hawk to the point I don't eat them. So why do I not eat them?? Scared?? I don't think so, not available?? sometimes not hungry?? often. So looking at this you might be thinking.. you better have a big ass dinner planned right?? Ummm I don't. In fact, I have no idea what I am doing for dinner as I did not take anything out of the freezer *sigh*

            Maybe, just maybe.. I need to have a cup of decaf bullet proof coffee with dinner!! LOL
            Don't worry about your macros so much. Just hit the calorie mark with the sugar levels low. The only other requirement is that you get lots of protein.

            You're overthinking it, or not getting enough protein in the morning (you could get at least 50g in the morning a la jack kruise leptin reset.)
            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
            Follow me on google+
            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

            Comment


            • I often wonder how Jack figured out the right amount of protein for every one is 50g?

              I did the Leptin Reset for 4 weeks, and lost nothing.

              I think that tracking what you eat, and setting goals is a great idea. I also think it is probably good, within the confines of a calorie range, to play with the macro nutrients to figure out where you do best. Not just regarding weight loss but where you feel great.

              For me, I am thinking I do best when carbs are low, fiber is high (because of veggies). And I am currently playing around with whether the protein or the fat is high. I seem to have more energy when the fat is high, but feel more satiated when the protein is high. Probably end up with low carb, high fiber, moderate fat and protein.

              With what you have so far today I would say a big steak and a nice salad are in order.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

              My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

              Comment


              • Chris- so close!! Actually had taco salad! YUM!

                I think body chemistry is the secret but everybody is a bit different. When my fat is high, energy is high and I do not feel hunger as soon, when protein is high, I also do not feel hunger, though I on occasion get heartburn. I seem to always be struggling to get my veggies in though.

                Ok.. while I like the idea of the Whole 30.. I will tell you giving up dairy is hard. Giving up sweetener is murder!! I am at the point I am scouting for sugar and I hate that. I am thinking what might be better for me is to choose one vice. My compulsive personality just can not deal right now. I am already failing so perhaps an adjustment is in order.
                Karin


                Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                Comment


                • Hold on to my splenda and stevia for dear life.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                  Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    Chris- so close!! Actually had taco salad! YUM!

                    I think body chemistry is the secret but everybody is a bit different. When my fat is high, energy is high and I do not feel hunger as soon, when protein is high, I also do not feel hunger, though I on occasion get heartburn. I seem to always be struggling to get my veggies in though.

                    Ok.. while I like the idea of the Whole 30.. I will tell you giving up dairy is hard. Giving up sweetener is murder!! I am at the point I am scouting for sugar and I hate that. I am thinking what might be better for me is to choose one vice. My compulsive personality just can not deal right now. I am already failing so perhaps an adjustment is in order.
                    people struggling with cravings can be leptin resistant still (even when they are skinny XD). I always suggest 50g of protein in the morning because I saw absolutely dramatic results myself. (Depression, hunger, snacking, sweeteners)

                    Might be worth a shot because you don't necesarily have to give up whole 30. Steak omlette with 5 eggs in the morning should do the trick.
                    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                    Follow me on google+
                    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

                    Comment


                    • I definitely do well when my protein grams are fairly evenly divided among the 3 meals. I just absolutely could not eat a steak omelet with 5 eggs at breakfast, not sure I could eat it at any time of the day! But I am also doing very well with BPC for breakfast, which is virtually no protein.

                      Did you also give up HWC and butter/ghee? Maybe you could allow those in. And what if you did half as much stevia as you were and no other sweetener? I mean really rules that don't work for you are not worth hanging onto. If it is going to set off a binge you need to pivot quickly.

                      Looking back at your food diary, I really think your big issues are processed/cured meats (given your problems with edema/salt) and your lack of veggies. So maybe you should focus on those?

                      as to dairy, you could leave out the cheese/cottage cheese, etc. as I seem to remember that these caused stalls for you.

                      I really think that getting in the habit of adding lots of veggies also gives you a nice full and colorful plate, and is more satisfying than protein and fats alone.

                      So use the principles of the Whole30 and adjust to something that is livable for you. You will still be better off than when you started. And maybe in a year you can give the full fledged program a shot.
                      Last edited by demuralist; 01-10-2012, 06:29 AM. Reason: spelling
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

                      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                      My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                      Comment


                      • It's funny, Karin, You are thinking about modifying whole 30 just when I am thinking about doing it.

                        I think for the next month I will cut out and change over everything but sweeteners. That means stopping all dairy, even cream and butter and trading out my bacon for another non processed meat. My plan is really to end up more on the paleo side of things, so those changes would be permanent.

                        The sweeteners will be the killer. So I will begin by cutting down in February.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          I definitely do well when my protein grams are fairly evenly divided among the 3 meals. I just absolutely could not eat a steak omelet with 5 eggs at breakfast, not sure I could eat it at any time of the day! But I am also doing very well with BPC for breakfast, which is virtually no protein.

                          Did you also give up HWC and butter/ghee? Maybe you could allow those in. And what if you did half as much stevia as you were and no other sweetener? I mean really rules that don't work for you are not worth hanging onto. If it is going to set off a binge you need to pivot quickly.

                          Looking back at your food diary, I really think your big issues are processed/cured meats (given your problems with edema/salt) and your lack of veggies. So maybe you should focus on those?

                          as to dairy, you could leave out the cheese/cottage cheese, etc. as I seem to remember that these caused stalls for you.

                          I really think that getting in the habit of adding lots of veggies also gives you a nice full and colorful plate, and is more satisfying than protein and fats alone.

                          So use the principles of the Whole30 and adjust to something that is livable for you. You will still be better off than when you started. And maybe in a year you can give the full fledged program a shot.
                          this makes so much sense.. yes I gave up HWC but not butter. I was going to give Ghee a shot though. I think your right about the edema hating foods (high salt foods/processed meats) is a problem and that has been given up on the whole 30, which for me is a good thing. You are also right that cottage cheese/cheese causes stalls for me as well and those are gone for the whole 30 as well. I miss HWC!! I miss stevia!! Starting yesterday I have allowed stevia back in. Perhaps that is something I can reduce at a later time. Perhaps I need to just for now avoid processed meats and cheeses. That alone can make a difference. I love your idea of adding in more veggies as a challenge with whole 30 because I just do not get enough. I truly need to focus on veggies.

                          ugh.. just thinking about 50g protein first thing in the morning makes me gassy..LOL The most I have ever been able to do is 35g I think. I think though protein in the morning is important if I do not have BPC. I need to keep frittatas made- that makes it easy in the morning as I get DD and myself off to school.
                          Karin


                          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                          What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                            It's funny, Karin, You are thinking about modifying whole 30 just when I am thinking about doing it.

                            I think for the next month I will cut out and change over everything but sweeteners. That means stopping all dairy, even cream and butter and trading out my bacon for another non processed meat. My plan is really to end up more on the paleo side of things, so those changes would be permanent.

                            The sweeteners will be the killer. So I will begin by cutting down in February.
                            If you find it tough to cut out all dairy etc. take it from me, maybe you need to start with one thing then another week add another. Quitting it all at the same time is SO HARD!!

                            Do you like sausage?? You can replace your bacon with homemade sausage. I LOVE IT!! I have a few recipes that are fabulous! Oh.. and no nitrates!
                            Karin


                            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                            What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                            Comment


                            • 287.5 down .5 ok.. hopefully this is a true loss.. I will take .5 pounds at a time.

                              Today dd is home sick and I am with her fighting my cold. *sniff sniff*
                              Karin


                              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                              What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                              Comment


                              • I think there is something to be said for eliminating things in stages, especially when "life" is going on. My first Whole30, I had already steadily eliminated other "stuff". I also had a time where I wasn't traveling for work and could eat at home almost every meal. It helped me: (i) realize what sugar -- particularly fruit -- does to me; and (ii) figure out that I'm mildly diary intolerant (which they say happens a lot which gluten intolerant folks...but I didn't want to admit it). That said, for the most part, I actually eat Whole30 compliant most of the time, but I don't often do the challenges because it's too much with everything else going on I'd say start with your biggest problem areas (sounds like cured meat/dairy [p.s. - I do well with ghee]) and once that's easy/part of life, move on the other things.

                                Hope you and DD get better soon!
                                -- Ruth

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X