No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep, the cost of our health insurance is quickly reaching a point where we could just put the money in the bank and save it for the chance that we may get ill. It has tripled in the past 2 years!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• oh dear.. tummy has been fine until NOW. So here is what I ate today:

B: 2 hard boiled eggs with mayo
      L: 2 HB eggs with mayo, avocado, orange and some GF granola

tummy not fine. Here is the thing, I had the granola last night with no issues...ugh! blech
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am looking at the mayo, maybe just mash a nice ripe avocado and use it instead of the mayo (or make homemade with good oil). And well, lack of diversity maybe. For my intestinal issues, I often have problems, even with foods that are normally fine, when I start eating too much of them.

did you make the granola or buy it?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• hmm.. might think about the avocado, good idea. Its Hellmans.

The granola is the Kind brand.
          Karin

Comment

• Hellman's mayo is the same as Best Foods on the west coast. Less than stellar ingredients. I would bet that is the biggest part of the problem. Since I cleaned up my eating I cannot use Best Foods any more.
            Last edited by honeybuns; 02-25-2015, 04:16 PM.
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• yes I bet it is the mayo. also if you think about it, mayo is just oil, vinegar, and egg right? you could just mash the eggs with some oil and vinegar and some herbs or spices and that would be good too. Throw it on top of some salad greens and you are set.

Truly if it was me, I would make a trail mix if I wanted granola and didn't want to take the time and energy to make it. Seeds, grains, and dried fruit and call it a day. There is stuff in even the best packaged products that you don't have control over. And given your tummy sensitivity, I would not mess with it.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Tummy issues out of the blue:

Breakfast and lunch: Gf bread, butter, eggs, chicken breast- tummy issues
                Dinner: eggs with green chili and gf corn tortillas- tummy issues again

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                Karin

Comment

• What I see in common is the gluten free. Maybe you have sensitivity to something in the gf flour?
                  Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Along those same lines...certain grains (corn maybe). I would check the ingredient list for the 2 gf products and see what they have in common.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Tummy issues are stable. I have little bouts but I am learning what sets them off pretty quick. I will say, on a more enlightening note, some of my tummy issues were not issues. I guess I did not realize "normal" tummy as opposed to a sick tummy. Some of what I took as normal was not normal at all. Without getting too gross, I hope that is understood. ??

Spring break next week! I have plans to overhaul the kids bedroom. I am taking bets.. I say I will get 3, 33 gallon trash bags full of stuff to throw away out of there. The kid also has a filling to be done on her teeth and a med check. I will be getting the garden going (hay bale garden) as well.

The kid has started soccer and the coach is running her ragged. This is such a good thing! When she is working hard physically, she is too tired to raise hell. I am excited to see her play again though!
                      Karin

Comment

• I dunno, a normal tummy to me is one that you are not aware of, as a general rule. Learning what sets them off is a huge benefit. You can simply ask yourself, "is the taste of this (fill in the blank) worth what I know is coming up next" instead of "what the heck is going on here".

My daughter played soccer for 4 years, I never did understand the game, but it was fun to watch and socialize with the other parents.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• That question is pretty much what I ask now. I have been pretty careful about what I choose to eat. So far, happy tummy. I am still taking probiotics so I am sure that helps as well.

OH! Lily wore her uniform for soccer yesterday and was so dang cute! I will try and get a pic soon but it might be first game. Also, news on the kids bedroom... her "bosses" have been made aware of the lack of chores she does and that her bedroom is terrible. They requested her to come over to talk to them and I let them, Lord knows she does not listen to me. Anyway, we headed home and she started in on her room. We can now see carpet (it was knee deep in junk). I sit there and catch the laundry she throws at me and basically keep her company and offer advice as well and change the trash bag. She is making the decisions. I have wanted her to do this all along. ugh! Hopefully, her doing it she will have more incentive to keep it cleaner after we are done. I want to shampoo her bedroom over spring break. I also need to sell her loft bed- she hates it. I will keep you posted on progress. I was told "I would have gone crazy about that room long before it hit that bad". My response is " this is what happens when mama is not on her feet". It was in fair shape prior to my surgery. UGH!

I am trying a new oil blend for pain in my foot post surgery called morphine. I rub it on and also make a capsule to take. Its working.. I think its weird that its working but it is, so far. I will ride this train to the end.
                          Karin

Comment

• How the kids kept their rooms was not a fight I chose to have. Dudla only had carpet showing in the door swings. But embarrassment when their friends came over for it cleaned on occasion. They did their own laundry from a very young age, sometime in middle school.

Hope the oils for pain relief continue to work for you.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• My husband had a coronary at first - he's very neat. My rule is this - generally, anything goes, except for food (no molding creations). Every so often, I "suggest" they do a sweep, but I rarely have to. As soon as friends come over, my boys clean their room. I try to encourage guests

My boys also do their own laundry!

Keep us updated on the foot pain. [We need to PM again soon....life has been crazy, but I see it calming down again!]
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I generally let my kids' room go. Every once in a while I would say, That room needs to be vacuumed, you have until x to get stuff picked up. If I have to pick up before vacuuming you might lose something important because nothing on your floor is of value to me."

My daughters always picked up before I vacuumed. My son had to learn the hard way by having to "buy back" things he lost when he didn't bother to pick up.

Comment

Working...
                                X