No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM BS this morning 120. Weight same. Food continues to be fairly bland (read boring) and tummy is still wonky. I have my first physical training session Monday, my first physical therapy session the 17th and not sure how much I will get to the Y this weekend. Chris you are right, I need to schedule it like a Dr. appt.

So much going on.. more later
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I have gotten back to enjoying the treadmill (well really the movie I watch while doing the treadmill) but can only do it if I have gotten enough sleep. I am making myself wake up at 6 am every day whether I walk or not so I might as well walk. But if I got to bed late ( like last night) I just cannot talk myself into it, but still get out of bed at 6. I feel like it will slowly get to a point where I will not have to talk myself into it I will just walk down the stairs and do it. I don't want to force it and have it become something I dread doing.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So, woke at normal time, eliminated, stepped on scale. Its at this moment where my expectations are dashed like an ALS ice water challenge. No change taking gluten and dairy out and tracking foods. *sigh* now, i would think there would be change as they are inflammatory. Having to cut them out of the diet is a must, losing weight because i did a beautiful bonus that was a losing lottery ticket. Ugh!

Thoughts: go ketogenic? (just got a free kindle book on it), once i move more (physical trainer monday) i will see results, i need to be drinking more water. I am chronically thirsty.

So, without revealing too much.. Set up a shadow/follow along for a new job Presidents day and 4 days of spring break. This job requires the investigation but loving the perks (phone, wardrobe allowance, full benefits, retirement, paid vacation, helping families, possibility of advancement with additional training). However, long hours, on call times, gritty is the best way to describe certain elements.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
        Karin

Comment

• My suggestion is to give the dietary changes some time. Maybe slowly ease toward ketogenic, but let the body get used to the changes. And yeah, drink some water/tea.

excited to hear about the job.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Didn't you just lose like 10 or 15 lb of water weight? Even if it's "just" water, the body is going to need some time to adjust after that - maybe even a couple of weeks....
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I wish it was 15, more like 5 and bounces 5 more up and down. Sticking to what i am doing though. Would like to see something for my efforts, like loose clothes or a scale drop.

Le sigh

Karin

Comment

• I suggest sticking to your plan for at least three months. Taking gluten and dairy out doesn't mean your body is healed. It takes time.

As I see it, this is a marathon toward health, not a sprint to get the scale to reflect a lower number.

Your body has been through a lot. Please be kind to it. Treat it well, help it get healthy, give it time, be consistent and I believe it will naturally get to a good place weight wise.

Not to mention, didn't you just lose several pounds in a very short time? Reward your body's gift by staying the course.

Comment

• Hey, have you been doing bone broth? Might be really helpful as you heal! I'm thinking to start up myself again!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• You all are some wise women. I get impatient and need reminding its a process that takes time. I want to make sure i am eating right so i will see loss. I know that anti inflammatory is the way to go. I am counting calories, more for point of reference etc. Found this website http://www.drweil.com/drw/ecs/pyrami...odpyramid.html . Thoughts?

Work this weekend was good. Looking forward to my personal training session tomorrow. I think movement will show results too even if its getting stronger.

Karin

Comment

• I will be making bone broth maybe in 2 weeks, conferences is next week and its going to get crazy.

Karin

Comment

• In and of itself, not terrible. You can't do nuts, so that's not a worry. I find soy and beans to be inflammatory.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Agreed, not bad as a start. I discovered when I was looking for an anti-inflammatory diet (here on out called an AID) that it was slightly different for my Honey and his heart issues and myself with my IBD issues. But both suggested very low or no grain usage. For him it was good to use things like quinoa which is not considered a grain and is pretty high fiber and for that reason is off of my list. All that to say that you are going to bed to modify any AID to work with your own individual situation. So in your case obviously cut out anything with gluten or nuts and dairy too right?

And most importantly for you I think if you focus on health the weight loss will follow.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Yes, with the pyramid, nuts and dairy are out as well as many if not most grains (rice is a grain, yes?). Looking at his pyramid/plan it states a recommended 40-50% carb, 30 % fat, 20-30% protein. While I know fat is generally not a primal/paleo concern, I would argue in my case (post menopause) it might be. So thinking of a 30%p, 30%f and a 40%c. I totally agree on focusing on health is number one. I have to say though, morning after morning not seeing progress on the scale is dismal. I need a picture of Dory on my bathroom mirror that says to just keep swimming.

Physical training starts tonight.. I want to be stronger than I am. In my mind, stronger will equate being able to do more and having more energy.

Ok.. need some feedback. Dairyl-ess, low to no mayo ways to make egg salad- GO! (my fat is getting the best of my and I am enjoying my egg salad in the morning and at lunch)
                            Karin

Comment

• Avocado and mustard? Are you trying to lower the fat content of it too? What if you made a dairy free version of ranch dressing, I am sure Pinterest could help you out there.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I am skeptical about dairy free. Most things i have seen use vegan crap. By crap, it usually has soy in it or worse.

Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X