No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down more this morning.. its ALL water weight and I am now where I was pre-surgery (15 pounds of water weight sucks). The goal is to be where I was when all hell broke loose and I gained.. so about 50 pounds from now I will be @ where Chris and I started (we were pretty close in weight at one time). So, what am I doing? Aside from EO combinations to help with the water retention and taking my BP meds I am eating pretty basic- blander food (dairy free and gluten free). Watching salt, some.. but eating simple unprocessed for sure. I have been having egg salad for breakfast, dont judge and simple meals for lunch and dinner. Last night I had rice with dinner and blood sugar low this morning (not regular low but 115 low) so its not a trigger, at least unless I over do it. Drinking water but also some coffee. I did not work out this weekend aside from working. My Achilles heel is SO STINKING SORE ALL THE TIME as well as the hip on the opposite side. Kinesiologist tonight, GP tomorrow for a PT referral.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Hooray for excess water being gone!!!!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• congrats, every pound down is that much less on the ankle/heel/tendon and helps insure a faster recovery.

I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, and I will be stocking up on the foods on my list and NOT on the foods that are not on it. And my diet is going to get real simple real fast. I am having a hard time skipping nuts. I am going to hide them in the freezer I think. Hopefully I will forget they are there until my gut is healthy enough to handle them.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes, I am finding simple food is best. I am also finding I can handle chocolate, especially milk chocolate.

I can handle most veggies, I think tomatoes is still a trigger issue though- poo!

My mom is still delusional and says, in a few months you can have gluten.. smh

I am following a gluten free, nut free, dairy free page on FB and they are all into vegan this and that.. alternative cheeses.. ugh. If I cant have the real thing, I am not substituting- its fine. I just cant go down that soy highway to hell.

weight same so I am not holding excess water and thats good.

Today I go and talk to the doc about a referral for PT.

This morning was hell at home with the kid.. omg.

so, lots of little things today..
          Karin

Comment

• funny that milk chocolate is ok.

So does your mom think you will grow out of it like some little kid grows out of a pair of pants?

I am with you, done with the substitutes, real or nothing. For me I can do most things in moderation when I am in remission.

how did the doc visit go?
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The Journey begins with me

Actually milk chocolate is not okay. I think that was a trigger for tummy issues yesterday. No idea where tummy issue today came from though, they were not as bad but not great.

Doc appt went ok. He is referring me to PT. I should hear about scheduling soon. Oh, and asthma meds are cut to rescue inhaler at the moment. He thinks i am doing well. Oh, and he referred to my weight gain from inactivity as fluffy.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
              Karin

Comment

• i like fluffy.

Are you still tracking your foods? It seems to me that even if you are not keeping track of the amounts, calories, and macros, that you should be keeping a very careful journal of ingredients, the time you ate them, and then a regular description of body aches and ailments and their time so that you can see if there are patterns. This should also include your medications, supplements, and essential oils and the times you did those. Would not hurt to include your movement as well, both amount and time.

Living with a constant tummy ache is not a good thing.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Well, I am putting into MFP (when I remember, which is most days)

My Eo protocol that I have been consistant with is: lemon grass and rosemary on my ankle for swelling, balance on the bottoms of my feet and frankincense behind my neck.

My morning blood sugar this morning was 125. Now, some would say, thats not bad. It is though if normal for me is 87-88 or even less than 100.

Busy week so not sure how much I am going to get to the Y. However, I have been shopping on Amazon for swim capris and a new top that wont pop up or show too much of the sisters. Payday can't get here soon enough.

Observation: beef is turning me off. Kinda makes my tummy roll to think about eating it. I also have zero interest in pork ATM. weird.

Weight popped up a bit this morning, but then retaining water will do that.
                  Karin

Comment

• I had been having trouble with cheese, weird cause it was out of the blue and it was the same cheese I always get. I don't do pork, or turkey, never been a big fan. Ground beef, chicken thighs, and fish are my proteins of choice.

I ordered a cardigan from Dillards yesterday that I had seen in the store but was not in my size, when they made the packing list they left the number of my post office box off of it. I checked the receipt to make sure I had included it and of course I had, otherwise the credit card would not have gone through. Spent way too long in the line at the post office this morning trying to hopefully catch it before they send it back to Dillards. grrr.

You might need something more detailed in a different way than what MFP offers. Do you have evernote on your phone? I think you need some kind of note pad on the phone where you can just put the info down quickly but be able to find it when you need it. And it has to be easy and convenient or you won't use it.
                    Last edited by demuralist; 02-04-2015, 11:37 AM.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I had not thought about an app on my phone for that. I mean I have MFP on my phone and I use it, when I remember. I love the bar code feature but then not eating much processed food so its moot.

Did you catch the sweater??
                      Karin

Comment

• I did talk to the postal worker who does the boxes, so hopefully she will catch it. I did email the company, apparently it has not actually been picked up by USPS yet, so maybe they can catch it before it actually gets picked up.

There has to be a ton of apps that can act as some sort of general journal for that. You can always get a scanning app that can transfer the scan to the journal Evernote just released "scannable". I am just now switching over to using evernote and scannable. I had been resisting and using "notes" because I thought it was easier (app is an apple thing that was on both the phone and computer), but somehow some data has been lost when I got the new phone, so I am going to buck up and learn something new.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Weight same this morning- again, good and bad. Good in that there is no inflammation and bad there is no weight loss. I was a bit over on calories and closer to 1500 than 1100-1200 and did not make it to the Y. Maybe tonight Lily and I can make a Y run as well as tomorrow. We have just had a hella busy week.

Returning a call for PT today so we will see where that goes. I meet with the trainer on Monday evening before the 4H meeting. Conferences next week so again a crazy hella week. Hate those. Next friday I find out which middle school I am assigned, new or old as they split the staff, if I stay in education. Feels like a lot of plates spinning and I do not do well in times like this in regards to food. However, knowing dairy and gluten make me very ill- that will be helpful in not eating to medicate.
                          Karin

Comment

• Knowing I can't have something tends to make me crave it. Having trouble with that right now, craving things that I had naturally stopped for the most part, but now that I know they seem a lot more enticing. shit

most especially when you are busy it is essential to schedule in some "me" time, it is what will keep you sane. Make it just like a doctor's appointment in your calender. If it isn't exercise, then a nice soak in the tub, or 30 minutes to work on your crafts, whatever. But if you don't do that for exercise you will not likely get regular with it, you have a young child, you are always going to be very busy.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Ugh..omg..what is up with this tummy!!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                              Karin

Comment

• 😞sorry
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X