• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
    ok, what is Bullet Proof Coffee?
    Throw back Thursday!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• hahaha, cannot imagine not knowing what BPC is

I have a blood monitor for BS if you want it I can send it to you. I got it to use for ketones back when I was trying to do that. It is just sitting in the closet. I think I must still have the BS sticks too, I don't think I used but one of them.

And by the way, you should really just bake at home, it would not take much to get good at it, it would be cheaper, and you would know exactly what you had in it. Pinterest is a great resource for recipes and tips on how to use gluten free flours and such.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, I have been off of dairy and gluten for a week. I do not really feel a difference but the the belly pain is better as is the GI issues. Of course, I am eating pretty basic items. I have been introducing more foods a little at a time but still draw the line with gluten and dairy.

I will be baking at home when needed. The Udi's bread is pretty simple.

I have a BS monitor that I have been checking it with. According to the doc yesterday, he is thinking more hypoglycemia than diabetes when I shared my blood sugars. ??? ugh! whatever!
        Karin

Comment

• Our Trader Joes carries Udi's breads. I just tend not to buy bread homemade is so much better.

Did you have allergy tests done or did you figure it out by process of elimination.

I have been eating a fermented food a day. Lately it is the fermented sauerkraut from my CSA not the pickled stuff from the grocery. I think that and cutting out grains is what is making the difference for me. I am pretty much intestinal pain free right now.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I found a great GF flour mix called Namaste. SAMs club started carrying it. I was excited because it is also potato starch free ( my personal cryptonite). It is rice four, tapioca flour and xanthan gum. I can actually make a yeast bread with it and the family loves it! I also mix just rice and tapioca flour to make a quick replacement ( for the weekend apple pancakes i make to spoil my loved ones) as the stuff is pricey. I will admit though that I eat very little of this stuff as it is high in carbs.

I second the comment on baking at home because I have been fooled too many times!

Comment

• The Journey begins with me

Chris.. I was tested. My mom is like, well once things calm down in your gut you can eat it again. My response is, uh..no..?? Smh. While i would love homemade bread, i just do not have the time. Adding one more thing to my plate at this moment is overwhelming, Udi's is pricey but i dont eat much of it, certainly not daily. Although your sour dough sounds intriguing.

Mud flinger..oo thanks for the heads up about the flour from Sams. I do not have a membership at this time. I am holding out for Cosco which is being built soon and will be closer to home. I hope they have similar items though. I hear you on not using flour products much because of carbs, i do not either. However, it seems like not using them is more put of habit. I forget about the coconut flour in the freezer (its pretty good stuff) and i have a couple gf flour blends. Pancakes and the like just dont occur to me. Although, my daughter made some smashing zucchini fritters the other night.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
              Karin

Comment

• Chris- after reading your journal, I would not be able to handle your bread. I tested for gluten specifically. grr

Ok.. so morning fasting BS's have been interesting. Interesting as in, holy crap, what the what? I am used to having 87-88.. I have been hitting 120+ in the morning. However, in the afternoon 2 hours after I eat, they are in the normal range. I think this is strange. Hopefully when I lose what I gained from inactivity I will be back to normal. Speaking of.. I gained A LOT. I am starting back to the Y after work today. I plan to do the elliptical and maybe some weights. I think I am going to hold off on water exercise right now because there are no classes at the closest Y to me. I would have to drive into town and during rush hour, no thanks.

I am also getting back to normal chores.. last night cleaning the kitchen, preparing vindaloo chicken and veggies for dinner, some friend rice for breakfast this morning and jerky in the dehydrator. Still keeping my 2 appts per week for the kinesiologist because of my lower back and hip. Again, hopefully movement helps this as well.

Still not loving my job and all that goes with it. Education has changed and not for the better.
                Karin

Comment

• well as it turns out I don't know if I can handle the bread either, but Honey loves it and it can only be helpful for him right? Of course my issues today may be from all the cake I ate and not the bread, but who knows.

Sorry about your job, no fun to have to wake up early and go somewhere day after day that you do not love.

Start slow with the exercise, it is way more important to come up with a plan you can stick to long term than to try to kick ass early and give up because you can't keep up.

Blood sugars, weird, I am clueless on the whole thing, will need to do some research.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I am hoping exercise will fix my inflamed pancreas thereby regulating my bs. Psh.. its all crazy
                    Karin

Comment

• oh, I am with you on it being helpful, I just want to remind you that doing it moderately long term will be more helpful than kicking ass but only doing it a couple of times.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Chris you are right. Besides that, i am in no position to kick any ass including my own

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                        Karin

Comment

• So the gym did not happen.. tummy issues kept me in the bathroom most of the afternoon. Going for it today though.

So, interesting to note: the high fasting blood sugars are in the morning. I can check my BS before lunch or dinner and its like 87-88 regularly. 2 hours after I eat its like 110-115. Its just in the morning I am hitting either the top of what is acceptable or going over a bit. Researching this I found that in diabetes your regulating of insulin is off. Well, I do not take insulin but it could be rated to my dinner and the insulin released. It also says that in hypoglycemia there is a bottoming out around 3am and then the body releases too much stored insulin.. or something along those lines. So, I am going to monitor my carbs in the evening and morning BS to see if there is a correlation. Wouldn't you know it, spaced doing it this morning. I will need to set a reminder alarm.

Tracking in MFP not so much for counting calories, although that does help but more to see where my food is at for the day. Weight the same. I have to remember that I may not see results on the scale for a while. I am trying to keep my calories at @ 1200 for now. I am not looking at macros just trying to eat balanced.
                          Karin

Comment

• have I suggested ginger tea to you yet? You simply chop up about an inch of fresh ginger put it in at least 4C of water, bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes, it becomes a nice golden color. Strain into a mug, add stevia or local honey. Amazing how nicely it settles the stomach.

I generally track on MFP on my DD's day but don't bother on my UD's, may start for the next few weeks though. Same reason, just to have a record as opposed to counting the calories.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I need to get some ginger. Its not something I keep in the house.
                              Karin

Comment

• I had some trouble finding nice moist fresh ginger, so I actually bought some ginger tea bags. It is Alvita brand (I think that is how you spell it) and it is just pure ginger in the tea bags. You still have to boil it for the 10 minutes as well. I have been using that.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X