The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted on purpose
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-23-2015, 06:31 AM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Internet shopping, have it shipped to the house. It is amazing what you can find online, and usually cheaper.

Can you use your butt to shove the table out of the way? Not lift it but just sort of scoot it. Irritation and frustration have often helped me to figure out ways to get things done the way I want them. I once carried a couch down the stairs backward on my back!

This will not help with the happy experiences you are trying to create with Lily, but between the internet and your creativity and what you already have in the house I bet you can come up with some really cool stuff. Will it be exactly what you wanted, well probably not, but this way you can minimize the number of things you have to ask your mom to do. And given the frustration she is causing you, I would minimize my interactions with her as much as possible.

You might want to remind your mom that she is likely to need similar help from you in the future (and a lot more of it!) and that you have a long memory.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You know, I am not asking mom for much at all. Basically, a ride is it.

I am ordering stuff on Amazon- as much as possible. There are just some things.. ugh! I need to go to the store.

As for the table.. NO WAY I can move it. Aside from my balance issue on my scooter, its going from linoleum floor to carpet. Its night like it has to go far.. but just no way. Now, I can scoot the damn thing <maybe> to the other side of the kitchen but them I can not get anything on that side. Its a table that can open for 2 leafs.. but has non at the moment.

yeah.. holiday spirt is shriveling and dying
        Karin

Comment

• I completely understand your frustration. It sucks needing the help of others when they make it clear they don't want to help.

What about asking a co-worker or friend to help with the table and/or ride?

Comment

• marcadav- thing is mom and I share a house and work at the same school. Not to mention, we live in the middle of nowhereville. Good suggestions but my situation is unique and of my own doing. Again, moving back was a mistake.
            Karin

Comment

• it is stressing me out, I can imagine what it must be doing to you. so sorry
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So sorry for the issues with Mom ruining your holidays.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• well, at school. caught myself with my casted foot on the stairs.. not good. The inside by my heel feels"wet" kinda. It could be the cold.. I am hoping its just the cold.
                  Karin

Comment

• that doesn't sound good.

I am kind of surprised they couldn't give you a walking cast to start with.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Eek. Thinking of you today. You've got this!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• With a walking cast you have weight on it. I am non-weight bearing at the moment while the bone he cut out heals.
                        Karin

Comment

• well that makes sense, but rats
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Scary and Ouchy. Sorry.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• guess who has a dr appointment wed. afternoon. Yup.. this girl
                              Karin

Comment

• ok.. bad night last night. The pain in my calf was so bad I was in tears. Lily was rubbing the icy hot on (i could not feel it) and I took an 800 ibuprofen. Eventually the pain subsided and I went to bed. I swear I have never felt pain like that before.

Oh hey, also mastered going UP the stairs like a boss sans crutches. YUP! Went up lickity-split. I put a 5 gallon bucket on every other stair (Lily moved it for me) and put my knee on it so I could take a step. Kind of like the knee scooter but for stairs. Since that iwalk didn't work, this has been the best alternative.
                                is the mother of invention.. isn't that how it goes? Desperation in my case.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X