No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't mind butt scooting the stairs but they are outside stairs and with weather being iffy, not the best idea for me.

57 degrees this morning

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• maybe, but I cannot imagine me making it up or down a flight of stairs with crutches.

Dang, would love 57 degrees! we are mid-seventies already at 99% humidity and my lawn needs mowed.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hence the knee crutch. Check this out..
        http://www.amazon.com/iWALK-2-0-Hand...ds=knee+crutch

I will still need a crutch for balance.. but this should assist with stairs

Karin

Comment

• maybe you should take some Tai Chi to prepare? I would still end up falling, seriously I can barely make it up and down stairs with 2 "good" legs.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, i am less than graceful myself but i figure strength training will help.

Karin

Comment

• Yeah, grace is certainly not my strong point..............
              -- Ruth

Comment

• struggling to get on the ADF wagon, more so for the DD.
                Karin

Comment

• when I first started, I am lucky if my DD's were under 1,000. But I am in it for the long run so I just stayed with the pattern. In other words my DD's did not change just because I went over. That is still true now. Also, I did not 'punish' myself for going over. In other words my UD's were what I had planned for them to be, no cutting back on those days or I would just ended up on WW.

So I would strongly suggest that you choose the days that are going to be your DD's, put them on your calendar. Decide what time of day is your biggest challenge and save all of your calories for then. If you go over, make notes, it is a learning experience, have a "normal" UD, make plans to correct what went wrong, then do it. It took me months to figure out my UDDD pattern and how to make it work, and I still have DD's in which I go over the mark, in fact at least once every 2 weeks if not once a week!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Yes. I have to wake up in the morning and totally and completely commit to a DD. End of story. Like Chris, I just keep on going (and then lamenting that I'm not really getting anywhere).
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• One big advantage I have is that I am terrible with numbers. I literally cannot remember what my weight was yesterday. So when I weigh myself and put it into the app that I put it in, the graph shows, and it is showing a very jaggedy (it is a word now!) downward line. I don't look at the scale ever, any more, and get upset about the number. It is just a data point. Honestly, my average weight loss is less than .5 a pound a week. With that slow a progress, you absolutely have to look at the big picture, and the long term graph.

I am also working very hard to keep negative thoughts out of my life, with regards to my looks/eating/weight, and spending energy turning things into something positive. In other words trying to glean the lesson from the times I go off track. This is much more helpful that being sad/mad/irritated about not fitting into my program for the day.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• ok, so here is the thing, a support group is only useful if you tell us what is going on. You do not have to come on here and tell us about your weight or your food if you don't want to, but you oughta at least come on and let us know how the foot, the second job, the new dog, the spunky kid, the mom, the classroom, the test prep, is going.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          ok, so here is the thing, a support group is only useful if you tell us what is going on. You do not have to come on here and tell us about your weight or your food if you don't want to, but you oughta at least come on and let us know how the foot, the second job, the new dog, the spunky kid, the mom, the classroom, the test prep, is going.
                          Always a lot going on and by the end of the day, I am exhausted. However, you are right.. support os always needed. So, for the update:

Home sick today.. probably just a virus but I have had some pretty sick kiddos at school so who knows. I may stay home tomorrow as well.. not sure yet but sure do not feel good. No matter what I eat, it does not sit well. However, my neck/throat has kind of quit hurting for the moment.

The foot: Pain seems to escalate the more I walk and use it. Oct 29th can not come soon enough and on the other hand, I need time to prepare at home (just things that need done before I can no longer do them- the spare job does not help that). Right now, there is drama with whether I will get a knee scooter. I have a script for one, the referral office is on this as well, the medical supply place tells me insurance never pays for them and I am like..WTF? Insurance says as long as it is medically necessary.. well duh. I am thinking a ramp will not be happening at home so I am purchasing an iWalk as well for the outside stairs.

The 2nd job: Can I quit now?? oh no.. can still use the extra $$ ugh.. I have a huge house list that needs to be completed prior to surgery and its hard to get it all done in the evenings when I do not work. They have been so good at work though letting me use a stool. I hate to have to quit though, finding another position after I am on my feet will be after the holidays which is never a good time to find a job.

The new dog: She is chipped and we are still working on crate training. She hates it. We are also going to be starting doggie bootcamp either next week or the week after. She is very loving though and stinky. I wish we could keep her out of the creek. She jumps in after baths.

My spunky kid: She is currently in the drama club and today is her audition for either the ugly duckling or the cat. She wants the cat. Hope she gets a role.. we will see. Her grades are awesome! She is showing more and more maturity. We still have our tough moments but so far she is doing very well.

My mom: She is doing well. I have to constantly remember that she is in her 60's and there are just things she can not do and it falls to me. I try not to get annoyed. She is so supportive and helpful in helping plan on the upcoming surgery. She and Lily still have their spats but I think we have more positive moments than not.

Classroom: we went on a field trip for science this week. I try not to be resentful of the lack of support and help from my team in the planning, etc. I did ALL BY MYSELF for 150 students. ok.. maybe I am a little resentful. Its a transition year and it seems the whole school looks out for number 1. You see, the new middle school will be done by the end of the year and the sixth grade center will be disbanded, added together to the middle school and then split between the two middle schools. The whole, new school new classroom jockeying has begun. It does not help when the principal has pets. Although he always says NO ONE has been selected for the new school, there are those that know and talk semi openly about it. Me? Truly do not care. However, its getting a bit ugly at work. Anyway, work is not fun but I enjoy my students for the most part. I am still an island in my department though.

Test Prep: Test prep has been put on hold because, just lack of time and or exhaustion. I am hoping the 2 weeks I am home I can really pour over it though. I want to try and take the test in Feb. or there about.
                          Karin

Comment

• Lily said the audition went well but is not sure when parts will be announced. She is nervous.

I am home sick, again. Zero focus on food at this point
                            Karin

Comment

• Sorry for all the crazy going on. Feel better.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• 10294332_576139905846781_4177168197326135206_n.jpg
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X