No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it is good that you are keeping track of everything you eat, even if it is not on plan. It helps to act as a diagnostic tool if you want to go back and try to figure out how to avoid things like that in the future.

oh, I totally get the idea that someone eating what I have planned will throw off my day.

You should probably consider allowing yourself one treat a week (at that calorie count that is really all you can afford), carefully plan it so you can make sure it is worth it, then in a quiet space all by yourself, where you can totally focus on it, enjoy it!

It makes perfect sense to have a cup of soup when you get home from work. Great nutrition, and warming, probably helps with sleep. More and more studies support the concept that when you eat is not as important as what you eat in regards to weight loss.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I will think on that one treat a week. In the book it starts with food they mention putting the treat on a pretty plate. Smell it, small bites, spend time and enjoy it. I also need to make sure it's special and not something as ordinary as donuts. :/

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I would not call the donut a secret shame. It is a not. Perhaps not the most optimal choice, but it is not bad or something ugly that needs to be hidden. 1100 calories is flat out hard. When I was doing really well with WW (like losing steadily for an entire year), I had something small every day (for me, it was a 40 calorie fudge bar) and then 1 day a week where I had a treat meal (something I totally enjoyed). It was doable. Now, I know that fudge bar is not primal or remotely healthy, but it really helped me on a daily basis to have one very special thing. And, this is also not primal, but I used to love microwave popcorn (the light variety). I actually make my own now (in a glass bowl in the microwave - super easy and super cheap) and then just have it with salt (I love the butter, but the crunch and salt do a lot for me). Again, not perfect, but a lot of volume and not many calories (and, I think there are worse things if you make it at home without all the nasty chemicals). Or, pickles. Salty, crunchy, you can eat a lot for just a few calories.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I agree that if you want a treat everyday you should go for it, I just felt like the donuts were sucking up a lot of your calories (it was like 480 right?), that is almost half and I just don't see how that could be sustainable (even if you discount your issues with wheat). And it seems to me that a 40 calories fudge bar could easily fall within an 80/20 program that is generally accepted around the forums right? And it even allows for that one treat meal a week. It all takes planning though.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I used to love those 40 calories fudgecicles.

Karin, I am proud of you for really aiming for that low calorie goal.

Are you already gearing up to go back to school? What are these evil in service things of which you speak?
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• thank you ladies. I am checking into making some nut free granola fruit leather type treat I can fit into this to stay primal. If not, I may check into the 40 calorie packs.

I have a STEM (Science, technology, education and mathematics-I think) inservice all this next week. It goes with what I teach and they pay $500 to take it. Then at the end of the month I have a 2 day KAGAN inservice. I starting gearing up back in June pintresting bulletin board ideas, classroom set up ideas etc. etc. as well as always looking for new/interesting/fun lessons to do with kids with my curriculum. I have had 2 meetings this summer with department heads and my department trying to figure out the NGSS standards we now have. We have zero.. I repeat Z.E.R.O direction from administration so its kind of up to us. I know, its summer..lol Oh, I have also done my back to school craft for my team. I need to get up to school and print my syllabus and get some other things ready as well as work on my classroom (the furniture is piled up on one side)
              Karin

Comment

• When does school actually start?

I am studying global history this summer to prep for my class with native Spanish speakers.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I report back August 7th..ugh!! School starts for kids August 14
                  Karin

Comment

• wow.. I need to watch the fat. I have been buying pretty lean burger and turkey breast. I then use lard or ghee to the skillet because it sticks so bad.. that adds up with my calories fast! I need to go back to using cooking spray. I can not afford the calories.

So my habit of late is to pre-plan my day of food in MFP. I then adjust accordingly should things not go as planned. After I get home from work tonight I will have some veggie soup and my daily calories are brought to 1185. I figure 1100 is my target but do not want to go over 1200 so did pretty good today.
                    Karin

Comment

• 1175 baby!!! Ok..had popcorn when I got home..so good!! I won't make it a nightly thing but there is quite a lot for number..

Karin

Comment

• Plan shot last night and today..
                        Karin

Comment

• something you can take a lesson from or just a full on derailment?
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• lesson defiantly..tummy does not feel good. Will plan better for tomorrow and I think I am done eating for today..
                            Karin

Comment

• maybe some broth will help the tummy, or some soothing flavor of iced tea (ginger perhaps)?
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Feeling a little better today. It's going to be a long day. Full day of inservice and then working later than usual tonight at tsc because the truck comes in. My goal today is to just be in a positive state (real tiered this morning) and make sure I am nourished,

I will say this engineering inservice is very interesting and I am enjoying it.

Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X