No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far copying what I did yesterday food wise. I work tomorrow evening so I will need to eat before I go rather than when I get home between 8:30p-9pm. Eating dinner @ 2pm though is tough.. I work 3-8:30. I need to take plenty to drink as well.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• 1191 calories today. While I shoot for 1100, I don't want more than 1200.

Karin

Comment

• rainy day today.. i wont complain because all too soon we will be without it. Working tonight which means tons of walking and standing for 5.5 hours. The good news is my ankles and feet are not swollen, at least not yet. Meds and a low inflammation diet I know play a huge role.
        Karin

Comment

• Safe to say every night I work is a workout..this job is going to make me stronger

Karin

Comment

• 1353 last night. I did not eat enough before I left for work. when I got home I had some great vegetable soup and then some not so great stuff. working tonight as well.
            Karin

Comment

• 1353 is still really good! Keep on keepin' on.

Liking work? I admit, sometimes I like my "spare" jobs better than my real ones...my level of responsibility is much less and I don't have to think much

How's Lily doing?
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I DO like my job. While more physically demanding, it is more laid back.

Lily is doing great. I have her swing up, which she loves (pics on facebook). She has also been going tot he Y (so much for her to do there that is physical). She is also on a reading/library kick which is awesome. She got a library card yesterday!! She is not thrilled with me being gone in the evening for work but I remind her WHY I am doing this (not sure its right to do so- the reason being so I can afford camp for her next year as well as other items we want/need that my salary can not cover).
                Karin

Comment

• Karin, for Lily. I'm pinning, as I find them, all kinds of things. I also need low volume.......
                  Starbucks Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino - Make your favorite Restaurant & Starbucks recipes at home with Replica Recipes!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Ooo..she would love that!! Thanks!

Karin

Comment

• Ruth in your Vitamix, you could just put frozen strawberries, sugar, heavy whipping cream, maybe vanilla or strawberry flavoring, no ice (just adds volume and waters it down), and it would be yummy, very easy, compact calories.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This is crazy, but if they think it's remotely "healthy", they don't want it. If they think it's a copycat recipe, they are all over it. So, I'm going to try something like that and tell them it's a copycat Starbucks
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Google the copycat recipes

Karin

Comment

• Ugh!! 1395 today.. Next week I have inservices everyday and they provide lunch..thinking to just count that as my main meal and not stress it

Karin

Comment

• Checking out your food diary for the past few days, what are the donuts? they seem to be sending you over your calorie goal. Are you trying to distribute your calories equally or do you want them to be used at a meal that is more important to you (i.e.. I don't like to "waste" calories at breakfast). For me, if I had to try to sustain 1,100 calories I would concentrate on high nutrient, high volume, low calorie foods (homemade soups, sautéed veggies, maybe a veggie omelet with one egg and some egg whites, etc) using meats and fats as condiments, though fish is usually pretty low calorie so you can use larger portions of it. just a thought
                              Chris
                              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The donuts are my secret shame and not on plan..but at least I own it I have been trying to pre-plan the day and then there is a hiccup like, what I was wanting to eat for a meal got eaten by another and then it throws me, it should not but it does. It takes more communication than what I have been doing.

You are right Chris and I am looking at low calorie foods. I have made veg soup out of bone broth which has been very enjoyable. I have my plan for today logged already. My general plan is coffee for breakfast then a late lunch (before work) then some veg soup when I get home from work. It's late but I find I am hungry and the soup hits the spot.

Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X