Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok...jealous.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Earlier in the week - we are going on vacation on the 26th (driving to Vegas).
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh man, fun! I'm jealous too.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh, Karin, what's up with you????
          -- Ruth

Comment

• wow.. a day of running.. today started off with FINALLY getting called for an interview at one of the places I completed an application, Tractor Supply. I had an interview today that went well. Because the staff is kind of small, about 15, they allow some of the staff to interview as well so tomorrow morning at 8am I go back for another interview. So through round one, onto round two. Since we will not be getting raises at school AGAIN, this second job is a necessity if Lily is to go to camp. Unfortunately, this may affect the trip to Colorado. I have been planning to go assuming I have not heard back about the P/T job. Ruth.. I will keep you posted! If I do not make it to Colorado, I will also miss spending time with aunts and uncles I seldom see. Ugh! HATE being a grown up sometimes!!

part 2.. Lily went down to a neighbor to muck stalls. She was able to swim after so she got in a lot of GREAT OT. She is trading off mucking stalls to time riding a horse. Whats great about this is seeing how much she values riding a horse. She has earned 3 hours on a horse I think. She is not even concerned about $$.. just riding the horse. Thea fed her lunch, where she ate like a field hand and after the work was done including feeding the farm animals she got to cool off in the pool. Not a bad day for her at all. She is exhausted but I am feeling like a proud mommy. Comments I heard from Thea "she is a hard worker", " she is a great teacher, she was so encouraging to the little kids" (ok.. she hates little kids so I am all like.. OMG), " she is SO STRONG!" to name a few. She also got to drive the gator and had a ball. Does she like being a hired hand?? yup!

food.. was doing well until this evening.. ate a couple twinkies.. my calorie count for the past couple days has been SO LOW but UNINTENTIONALLY.

Tomorrow is the 4th.. whoop! After my morning interview, its yard work FOR SURE.. ITS A MUST, grilling out for lunch then dinner with friends at a bbq joint and fire works with fresh fruit parfaits int he evening. Busy busy..

I have also been doing some planning for the coming year in the classroom, thank you pintrest.
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Today..8am 2nd interview....got home..mow, mow mow..Lily learned to drive the rider, did popper fireworks, got stung by a DAMN WASP!!, BBQ lunch on the grill, more mowing, 2nd shower for the day, got the call..got the job!!, dinner with friends at BBQ joint, ice cream social, fireworks show, home to shoot more fireworks.. I'm tired.

Food sucked AGAIN TODAY

So, with new job not sure about schedule but pretty sure trip to Colorado us off..*sigh*. Sometimes being a grown up sucks.. Why did I choose a profession where they refuse to give raises regardless of inflation??? Ugh..

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
              Karin

Comment

• That does suck Karin. Our "cola" raises are built into the contracts. Probably why teachers in NY are so hated.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Every year for negotiations the board tells the union, no money for raises and the union says, "ok" like a bunch of little girls..ugh!

Karin

Comment

• Oh my how easy it is to fall back to old habits and vices..regardless of my super clean w30. Having trouble getting focused again..maybe it's the holiday..I don't know. I need to come up with a plan so when school starts I am not screwed foodwise when going to my pt job after school..

Karin

Comment

• It's a process and you will get it.

Can you and one of your friends do a day of freezer/crockpot meals? Either that, or round up mom and Lily, and spend an entire weekend getting a ton of meals prepped and in your freezer (especially before school starts). When I was traveling, I did like 30 for DH and mom, and they were a lifesaver. I really need to do them again soon. They help SO much.

When do you start your new job?
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I went for my drug test today and start today. Just got back from the docs for a BP med check..78/122 thank you. He also said because I am POST menopausal like a 65 year old woman, I need to eat like one because my metabolism is that of a 65 year old woman as well and 1100-1200 should be my calorie range besides moving more.

Fuck fuck fuck..

Karin

Comment

• Ugh, that sucks (and seems drastic for your weight/height...but who am I to say, especially given your unique hormonal status?). A few thoughts.....

1. Try the 1 snack/1 meal thing. I truly think it sucks to eat 3 miniscule meals at like 350 calories. It just leaves me wanting more. 2 600 meals or 1 300 "snack" and a beautiful 800 dinner would much nicer. You can even eat out most places with an 800 calorie allowance.

2. Try ADF (again). One 1973 one day and then one 395 calorie day are pretty doable (and on the "Up Day", life would be very enjoyable). [That averages at 1184/day.]

3. Try 5:2. That would be 5, 1400 calorie days, 2 500 calorie days. [That averages to 1143/day]
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Karin, I thought you were on HRT. Am I mistaken?

Comment

• No, not on hrt.. According to the doc, since I don't have anything, rather than an imbalance I don't need it.

Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                                No, not on hrt.. According to the doc, since I don't have anything, rather than an imbalance I don't need it.
                                How old are you? What is this imbalance you mention?

I think it might be helpful to google early menopause due to hysterectomy, the pitfalls, and whether HRT is helpful. I would also, given your doctor's views, ask for DEXA bone scans as often as your insurance allows.

All of this is mute if you are not open to HRT. I apologize if my suggesting you research it is not an option for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X