The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Journey begins with me

Went to the Asian market and got med. tapioca pearls and chia seeds which they call basil seeds btw. Now to make bubble tea..of some sort, the easier the better.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• have fun with it. btw, make the smallest amount of the pearls you can, it doesn't take much to put in the tea, and they don't last very long in the fridge.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So, not sure how to make the pearls. I figured I can soak them in cm or even tea in the fridge..

Karin

Comment

• Do I just measure them and soak them and they are done or do I need to cook them?

Karin

Comment

• are there no directions on the pkg? or are they in some Asian script?

oh but you will have to cook them...You soak anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight, then cook anywhere from 30 to an hour, then store them in a soaking liquid.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The package is in Chinese. It looks like you cook them like pasta. But soak them overnight? Got it.

Karin

Comment

• For my package, which was also in Chinese (or whatever language it is), I googled directions and sort of did an average. But find directions that give you details like (I can't remember exactly, but sort of like...) boil until they float (or are clear around the edges) more so than timing. That way if yours aren't exactly the same the detail will help you to know you did it right.

Not exactly like pasta, as they continue to soften up in that after cooking stage.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Tapioca Facts-- Ellen's Kitchen
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Thanks!

Karin

Comment

• is the ingredient list in Chinese too? If you got the pearls that have sugar in them, you won't need to add sweetener to the soaking or cooking water.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Chris, I will check on that. I was thinking not to use any sugar at all...?? Then sweeten by the glass..

Ok, so the kidlet came back from camp with a nasty cold..she has shared but now I think we may have ear/sinus infections so calling the doc later this morning. Woke burning up at 3am..going to try and go back to sleep in a bit.

Karin

Comment

• Skinny fiber came today so that starts tomorrow.

Karin

Comment

• Isn't that fiber idea a recipe for malnutrition? Won't the fiber carry a lot of nutrition to your stools?

Instead of trying to restrict for days on end (begging for chronic ailments), it may be better for you to eat at maintenance most days with a fasted day or a few lower calorie days thrown in.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• might depend on if it is soluble or non-soluable fiber. I think that soluble would not. And if it is soluble, it might depend on when you take it?

I obviously prefer the fast days idea, but I seem to remember that Karin had tried it and was not comfortable with it. Is that true Karin?
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• It's wAter soluble and I take it 30 min before a meal. Today after taking Lily to the doctor, she has a respiratory infection, we went out to eat at the local Chinese place. She wanted egg drop soup etc. I ordered steamed. Hickey and broccoli and a bowl of egg drop soup. Now normally, I can polish it off no sweat.. Feel almost sick after because I ate too much but that did not happen today. Was it her skinny fiber? Time will tell. I am giving this 30 days.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of 5:2and IF, however I struggle with it so much. I start strong, then I am off-way off and can't figure out how to get back to that strong.. So, I am trying this to help with the feeling full, cravings, etc.

Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X