The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Journey begins with me

Yum! (We cross posted). I had an avocado with sour cream and bacon for lunch today. With dried figs for dessert. Not decided on dinner yet.

Having a short mimosa right now. With some (non primal) sugar free orange sherbert and a bit of OJ.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok.. Mom raved about the zoodles sauce..yeah me..took a chance and nailed it!! Totally whole30

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• yeah! Did you get a zoodler? A part of me really wants one, but then, I hate to get gadgets for the kitchen.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have the same though. I know some people use it often, I just don't know if I'd be one. I'm trying to have just my few essential appliances....
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I tend to use the appliances (blender, stand mixer, scale) but the gadgets that I thought I had to have, (wire cheese slicer, egg separator, dough slicer) not so much. Granted they are small, but a collection of them take up drawer space.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Yep got one of those 14.95 things.. Works amazing and have used it a lot. In Fact, I am buying more zucchini which means eating more veggies so hey, I call it a win. It's so easy to use.

Karin

Comment

• Got Lily to camp and rocked the whole 30. Mom is 100% on board so basically she is eating what I am eating. Yesterday was a slip up. We went out to eat at chilis to get a burger and salad, they put less than 1/8 of a cup of cheese on the salad.. I did not send it back, I should but you know.. And I forget that " everyone" likes cheese and these days you have to be specific with no cheese. Anyway, blew we the whole 30 (more on this later), and holy smoke.. I had gas all night and gristle pain in my knee and shoulder. So... Any question that dairy hates me? I also suspect they used seasoned salt with the burger that had msg.. Note to self, well many not to self. Ok, as to blowing the whole 30, naahhh.. Keeping on keeping on. It has not sparked binges or cravings. I feel very well eating this way (except today.. More later).

Today feeling blah with sore throat and headache. I did mow for 3 hours last night so maybe it's part of my non- allergy allergy..whatever. Drinking fluids popping some heavy duty Motrin.

Missing Lily but I get about 700 pictures everyday of what's going on at camp. I have been posting the ones of her on fb. I know she is having a blast. I have been keeping busy, crafting, a lot.. Even went to a movie. I should be doing more around the house but I would rather relax..lol oh, and I have read several kindle books.. So yeah.. It's vacation!! I leave to pick up the girl on Friday.

Karin

Comment

• Day 26 w30

Was not real hungry today..my MFP log is dismal but why eat when not hungry?
                  Making a crab scampi with spaghetti squash for dinner..

Leaving tomorrow to get Lily. The awards ceremony us Saturday.

Karin

Comment

• Today is day 30..weight is 319. I am disappointed but have to remind myself that this was not about weightloss. I also need to remind myself that I was traveling a lot this week. Even though I was in whole30 parameters, I have Stomach issues this morning.

So, I want to continue with the w30 woe, but think perhaps I need to rein in and do some counting somewhere. For the past 30 days, I have just documented food in the notes section of MFP. I have also not worked out this week. So..looking into some macros today. There are decisions about fat and proteins..

Karin

Comment

• I would suggest that you don't change anything for a few days and religiously track everything you are eating. That way you can see what the calorie count and the macros are that maintain this weight. It will give you a much better idea of what to change to create a loss. I think that you tend to go too low in your calories when you start counting and then end up opening yourself up for a food fest.

For me, I am finding that the macros are not as important as keeping it real and cutting WAY back on sugar.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I am willing to give that a shot. The only sugar I get is via fruit, which is 2-3 servings a day.

Karin

Comment

• yep, I figured that the W30 cleaned that out, as well as getting your food real. Once you have a few days tracked remind me and (for what it is worth) I will check it out and see if anything stands out. I would suggest you do it for a week, trying not to change anything you have been doing either in quantity or quality. Hopefully at the end of the week you will still be the same weight and then we can try to help from there.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I would recommend zoodle salad several times a week. I swear, last summer, I lost weight every day I ate some. My fav was zoodles, red onion soaked in vinegar, even for just 10 min, then dump vinegar, sliced black olives and homemade basalmic vinaigrette. Fresh basil was also a yummy addition. Everyone loved this salad and I took it every where as I had lots of zucchini plants.

I would call your wh30 a big success. Look at all you have learned this month! Tracking will show you so much more. I think you are much closer to big success than you realize.

Comment

• From experience. Sometimes you have to heal before you can lose. I'm going to step out on a limb and say that Paula was healing (potato starch for the gut, etc.) before she was able to start really seeing progress (P, correct me if you think I'm misstating what happened here).

I also agree with Chris. One solid week of tracking and then you will have a better idea of what's going on. You know that we'll be happy to help - sometimes others can see things we aren't eating.

Also, give yourself a few days. From a person who traveled over 1/2 of the year last year, I always (regardless of what I ate) retained water when I was home from a trip. Lots of time, even if it was W30 compliant, it was just more salt and not enough fluids.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh man, @Mudflinger, you just got me one step closer to buying myself a kitchen gadget. I am going to rummage through my drawers to see what I can let go of (one thing in, two things out for my kitchen)
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X