• Show
Clear All

• It's a spring scale..not digital

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I stepped on my moms digital scale and shows I weight 8 pounds more than on mine..

Karin

Comment

• Scales are all relative.

How are the clothes feeling?

Plus if you feel good then Just roll with it.
        Great work on being one third distance

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• So, went here:

http://whole9life.com/2012/10/six-re...-work-for-you/

I am doing the program right but everything else explains why I am not seeing success.. I am continuing the whole 30 because I do feel better but I am realizing this menopause has screwed me over and I need to just realize that I may not lose the weight at all.. Despite doing it all right..

Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by AutumnTiger View Post
            Scales are all relative.

How are the clothes feeling?

Plus if you feel good then Just roll with it.
            Great work on being one third distance

Hi! Welcome to my journal!! Sadly, clothes feel the same.. But physically I feel better

Karin

Comment

• Oops. Sorry for dropping in unannounced. I've been afk for a while but thought I had said hello previously. Apologies again. I'll try harder to unlurk

Comment

• Lol..no worries! You are very welcome to be part of my journey

Karin

Comment

• Ran across this person who posted this..

"I gain weight on paleo if I eat a high fat diet. For me portion control is important, as is not snacking, and as Chris says eating appropriate starchy carbs. My meals (3 a day) consist of a palm size of leanish protein (about 3 4 oz max) 1/2 1 cup of starch or fruit and a plateful of non starch veggies salad, stirfry etc. A little added fat, but not usually much, like olive oil dressing. I get excellent appetite control, and keep my post menopause tendency to gain weight in check."

As in Chris Kresser.. Thinking maybe whole 30 needs to be reined in...

Karin

Comment

• Nooooo. No tweaking go the whole 30 then tweak. It is about healing right now not weight loss.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• What is your daily intake now?
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am not tracking now. I am also not eating all the time or eating monstrous portions. So no tweaking AT ALL, even to do some macros or specific portions? I am doing 100% whole 30. No uh oh's, no nothing. Even though I can have coconut milk, I have not even had that. I am eating 2-3 fruits a day though.

Karin

Comment

• NO tweaking, Karin. This one is for health, then you start figuring out weight loss.

And, I doubt the fruit is your issue. I start eating like 5-6. That's when you know you have a problem.

Give it 30 days and see what happens. [At some point, portion control DOES become the issue. But, right now, you are focusing on giving your body a reset. In these early days, especially as your body is withdrawing from grains and sugar, you need to eat so that you don't crash. Once your body is detoxed, you can work on tweaking.]
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Day 11 whole 30.. I know one reason I have not slipped yet is that my stress levels have reduced a lot since in summer mode. I am hoping by maintaining this woe, it might just turn to habit??

Ok..stepped in the scale (normal, for me..even though not whole 30) and see 318. -2. What's sad is that number won't stay a while, with my history, sigh.

On my way to the first if my water classes today. I am doing a aquatic body shaping and might stay around for the arthritis class just to help work some joint issues.

Karin

Comment

• I agree with Ruth.

Do the thirty days the way you have been. Then start tracking to really see what you are doing. Maybe lower fats at that point. I only use 1-2 tbsp of fat with each of my 2 meals plus 1 tbsp of CO in my morning coffee.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Ok.

When it comes to fat, I really don't do added fat much. I have been keeping my fat to avocado sunbutter. Although last night I used some most excellent lard.

Just got back from the y.. 1:45 min working out in the pool and I am sooo tired.

Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X