No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just me - so take it for what it's worth (not very much). Fruit, except in rather small doses, actually increases my sugar cravings. The more I eat, the more I want SUGAR. Even when I'm eating (and have been eating) totally, completely, 100% Paleo for 30-60 days, fruit gives me terrible sugar cravings. But, I have no problems with sweet potatoes, white potatoes, beets, parsnips, etc. Those leave me feeling happy and satisfied, especially when coupled with some lovely fat. [White rice isn't really my friend. I sometimes eat it, because, well, when I'm feeding 6, it comes in handy.] Maybe my gut is still off and that's why I have problems.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Karin, all you can do is self experimentation. I suspect I have cravings problems with white rice similar to Ruth's issue with fruit.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So far fruit nips it in the bud. I have missed fruit.

Ruth..just tried the coleslaw, apple and sunbutter..very good!! I like the salty of the sunbutter with the sweet apple.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Weight..same.

Last full day with students, tomorrow is a half day. Woot!!!

Ok..got carried away with fruit yesterday.. More than 2 servings :/ but it's so gooooooood!!

Karin

Comment

• Hooray for last day with kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My two older boys finished yesterday, my little guy has a 1/2 day today (how stupid - they finished finals on Tuesday, but he's had to keep going to school. Guess they needed hours. Sigh. Poor teachers!!!).

Good on the stable weight. If you hang in there, I know you're going to see a drop soon.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• we have a half day with kids tomorrow but its mostly talent show..
              Karin

Comment

• Fresh seasonal fruit kills my sweet cravings. Processed grains increase them. I cannot stop crackers or bread once started and then I will still go looking for junk.

I think that for you right now that first and foremost compliance with the W30 is your goal. Eat as much as it allows for till you get past this. Once you get through the 30 then worry about whether or not you should add or subtract things.

For me, weight loss occurs when I stay as close to the source as possible with real food and keep it simple (ie no complicated recipes or excess amount of flavors and textures in one dish)
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ^ Me too. Unfortunately, DH and my boys (except for one) don't love that style of eating. Sigh.........
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Yep. I am in the same boat. Dudla is with me on it, but Honey and Boo want variety and lots of carbs. Though Boo is happy with a plate that is covered with a big steak.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I really am trying and making very simple dishes for the whole30. Keeping it real..
                      Karin

Comment

• Day 6 is owned! Feeling good!

Karin

Comment

• Go you
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Sweet 20% done! You own this!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Hi there Karin,

Just wanted to say well done on your progress... I'm new here and find it inspiring to see people who have journals that have umpteen posts! Persistence is the mother of success... when I opened your thread I saw your first post, saying 'compromise = failure', and I was like...'that's me!'... for me sugar is an addiction, pure and simple, and once I have a little I always wind up having more.... and more... and more.... I'd love to be that guy who has one square of the chocolate bar, and leaves the rest, but the fact is I've always been 'all or nothing' with food... either I'm 'all the way healthy' or I'm in a chocolate spiral! Today I am sugar and carb free, thank goodness! And I'm glad to meet you - thanks for sharing your story here!

ALl the best,
                              Lucas
                              Goals:
                              • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
                              • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Hi Lucas, congrats on being sugar and carb free! It is interesting how different we all are. At every point in my life when I have tried to eliminate anything in my diet I inevitably start almost immediately eating just a little to see if it makes a different, then a bit more, then more until within a week I have totally forgotten I ever tried to do without.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X