No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd tell you to stay off the scale, but then I would be hypocrite. Great job on the food victories. Def make sure you are eating enough. I would say aim for 50g carb, but not less. This would allow for 1/2 a sweet potato or one fruit with other veg.

It is not easy. On Saturday I nearly bought a soda while out shopping. Yesterday I almost popped an altoid in my mouth due to onion breath. Had to just suffer and not get too close to others.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I have been hitting the fruit to get me through the worst cravings.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Oh, and the fact that the scale hasn't change? That's a good thing. You were low carb before and now you're not. See? Victory.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Does the W30 dictate how much carb/fat/protein you should be eating? Or is it just about eating clean for 30 days? If it is just about eating clean for 30 days, I think I would recommend that you do what you need to do to be clean, let the macros fall wherever they may fall.

p.s. Ruth and I cross posted, but, by the way, YES! What she said!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• well, while I am not going for low carb, I think I am still pretty low carb. I am not counting though, just recording in the notes section of MFP. However, the addition to fruit would mean I am probably higher on the carbs. For instance, yesterday I ate a whole grapefruit and I am on a strawberry kick right now. I am doing the Whole30 clean eating. I have even turned down BACON! For breakfasts this weekend I have made a hamburger with a fried egg on top. Basically, I am cooking whole30. If mom or Lily want to add to it, its on them.

Whole 30 does not recommend tracking btw and no specific macros.
            Karin

Comment

• They have a recommended meal planning guidelines for eating at least the minimum requirements, but say to eat as much good clean food as you need. I will try to link it here later
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Here it is:

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf
                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Yes, I saw that for portion sizes. I have to say, I am about on target although my fat is sometimes low,

Just have to say, the taco bowl I made for dinner last night was amazing for lunch today as well.. My daughter was not too sure about it as it had cabbage in it but I loved the texture of it. I think my kid would prefer taco salads in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                  Karin

Comment

• Good for you, its the ole oxygen mask isn't it? Make sure you are W30 compliant, let others do what they need to make it compliant to their needs. The one thing I do remember from my mom when we were kids is that if you didn't like what she made you were free to get up and make a PB&J, nothing that would further mess up the kitchen though.

p.s. nice graphic P!
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Weight, same but I forgot meds yesterday..no bp/water pill..

4 days of school left and one student was granted their wish to start summer early with 2 days out id school suspension and then to not return the last 2. Wondering if there will be more getting wishes granted..ugh..kids have checked out!

Very few clothes are fitting for spring..very depressing. One gal I gave been getting clothes from lately (because SHE is losing weight), has more for me to peruse. It's way cheaper than buying new and they are gently worn as well as fashionable.

Joined the y last night. Now, to start going. Water workout classes are during the day:/ so that cannot start until Saturday. However, I am thinking maybe lap swim as a beginning exercise regime for these reasons:
                      -it helps with stiffness and I gave that in my hips and ankles
                      -it's suppose to help improve asthma
                      -it's something that can be done at anytime because they always gave at least 1 lane available.

Maybe eventually I will work my way back to weights and such..

Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        Good for you, its the ole oxygen mask isn't it? Make sure you are W30 compliant, let others do what they need to make it compliant to their needs. The one thing I do remember from my mom when we were kids is that if you didn't like what she made you were free to get up and make a PB&J, nothing that would further mess up the kitchen though.

p.s. nice graphic P!
                        Last night was tricky with food and did not go as planned but stayed the whole 30 course. After going to the why, we gad to go to the grocery store, I was starving but instead of caving to well, Chinese or deli goodness..got some pulled chicken and called it good until I got home.

Karin

Comment

• I had a weird night last night as well. My husband had eaten my sweet potato, so I only ate super fatty steak and some grapes. I over salted it too. That is part of my weight gain this am.

I need to stop adding salt. Very bad for my right leg.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• P- did you tell him he should not have, he was sweet enough..wink wink..lol
                            Karin

Comment

• ugh.. want chocolate but sugar will do.. I think its because lunch is in 35 min. I am not snacking though..
                              Karin

Comment

• Resist Resist! is no snacking a W30 rule? And my suggestion is that you need more at breakfast if you are getting hungry before lunch, did you get all the fat in this morning?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X