Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1

B: hamburger with a fried egg
    L: impromptu Mexican goulash (burger, poblano pepper, onion, rotel)
    D: tbd

Eye doctor today soooo tempting to stop and get a soda..but I didn't. Went to the grocery store..many temptations but did not cave.

Working on the yard today.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I think in your case, P is likely right, a slight deviation leads to more deviation and then a little more, until you are no longer doing the Whole30. Wouldn't work for me, as I have discovered I do not do well when I decide I can't have something because of something I read in a book. If my body says no (and I am talking to you beans and grains) then it is easier, but if I can convince myself it is arbitrary (and I can be easily convinced when standing in front of the pantry) then it becomes a challenge to see how far I can deviate and still lose weight.

Of course in this case, you are really trying to heal and hopefully it will lead to weight loss as well.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, I am not going to track per se but I am writing my foods in the notes section. I am going to do the whole 30..see where it leads. It would be nice if I found this was my ultimate key (not that I am sure one exists) and I was able to continue on it and saw weightloss.

I just reordered my microwave pork rinds and they have msg in them :/ hopefully I can send them back..

Karin

Comment

• Save them for after your w30. The Hartwigs don't recommend living perfect w30 all of the time. Just totally clean for the first 30 days. Then add in the things you can't live without once in a while.

For example, I can live without cheese, but sometimes I want to order the steak gorgonzola at my fave restaurant. I also like to have pork rinds around. They often are fried in bad oils or like yours have additives. But Good for emergency cravings. After my 30 days I will be loosening up...a little.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Dinner was a chicken thigh, broccoli, sweet potato bake and for dessert I had natural sun butter and strawberries. Day 1- done.

Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
              Dinner was a chicken thigh, broccoli, sweet potato bake and for dessert I had natural sun butter and strawberries. Day 1- done.

Good start! One down, 29 to go.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Serious sugar beast...bought fresh strawberries at the store today and between Lily and me, there are none left. I think the sugar beast is put to rest for the time being.

Karin

Comment

• Good job on Day one. I liked your link on FB about the 5 w30 mistakes.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• My boys are eating frozen grapes like they are going out of style. I like frozen cherries. Both help, especially in hot weather.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Great idea, Ruth
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Congrats on a successful first day!

I am working on a meat/veggies/fruit focus for summer. The seasonal fruits are too amazing in summer to do without!
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Finished up dinner with taco bowls for dinner... As well as day 2

Physically not feeling great..
                          Sleep was hit and miss all night
                          Monster of a headache
                          Aches in joints and neck

Needless to say I have not done much today. So tempted to out cheese on my taco bowl but did not. I need to take an 800 ibuprofen I think.

Pushing through...

Karin

Comment

• Of the list of 5 mistakes people make on their W30, I suspect that not eating enough is your most likely "mistake" and that at least for the transition week you need to make sure that, while following to the letter, you need to not be skimping on quantity.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              Of the list of 5 mistakes people make on their W30, I suspect that not eating enough is your most likely "mistake" and that at least for the transition week you need to make sure that, while following to the letter, you need to not be skimping on quantity.
                              Been thinking about that as well. Hydration as well is an issue..

Karin

Comment

• Day 3.. small success and victories over food. I am keeping it clean but need to ensure I am eating enough. Stepped on the scale.. weight is a no change.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X