Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Go you!!!!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I presumed as much!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Woo Hoo!
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• -2, 319 again. Cha! Cha!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
            Karin

Comment

• Woo hoo. Knew if you gave it patience, it would come back down. Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• slow and steady wins the race! Congrats.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• well, cha! cha! is up and back.. kind of like my weight..
                  Karin

Comment

• ?
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Frustrated:

~ WL surgery does not look feasible financially anytime soon, even in Mexico
                      ~ The entire face of my curriculum is changing because of new standards (nauseous)
                      ~ Barely keeping it together with my students, they are losing it and trying to check out early. Their behavior is causing me stress.. I am feeling these prickly things in my neck and shoulders, makes me feel ill
                      ~ I used to like the people I teach with, not so much anymore..
                      ~ my head is not in a good spot right now and I am unsure why..
                      ~ I just want to pass my test and move on in my career in life already
                      Karin

Comment

• damn. OK.

I don't want to seem unsympathetic here, because I totally feel for you as I have actually been having "oh shit I have to go to work" thoughts every work morning for the past couple of weeks, but what I would like for you to do is to list as many things that you are grateful about. Lets see if we can at least get you to a neutral state of stress, even if we can't get you to a happy place.

first, have you remembered to take all of your medications?

Why are your students acting up, it is only Wednesday?

Anyone left at work that you like?

When do you get to take the test?

And seriously woman, let go of ideas of an operation in Mexico, lordy. Lets think of other things you might do that are likely to help, that won't cost an arm and a leg...

First and foremost you have to reduce the effects of stress on the body, you have way too much, so how can you do that? meditation, yoga, walk in the woods, you tell me.

Next how is your sleep? How can you improve it? I assume the normal culprits have been addressed...dark, cool, quiet, still (no kiddies or puppies tossing and turning in bed with you) room...screen time reduced before bed....I often make a list of the things I will worry about tomorrow so I can let them go (don't do this if it will make you think of even more things!)....sleepy time tea...you tell me.

Now, how consistent have you been with food? Are you tracking? Lets find you a nice, clean, reasonably simple (note I know simple doesn't necessarily mean easy) program that you can stick to for the next month, something that you cna still get to eat foods you enjoy. Then, lets help you to figure out what steps (ie. pre-cook, crock pot, plan) it will take to ensure it will be successful. Maybe give yourself one day a week to splurge on something that will not negatively effect your health (so no wheat right?). Figure out what events are likely to cause an issue in the next 30 days and allow them to be your splurge or figure out a way they won't wreck your month.

hugs
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Still thinking...

In other news +2, 321

Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                            damn. OK.

I don't want to seem unsympathetic here, because I totally feel for you as I have actually been having "oh shit I have to go to work" thoughts every work morning for the past couple of weeks, but what I would like for you to do is to list as many things that you are grateful about. Lets see if we can at least get you to a neutral state of stress, even if we can't get you to a happy place.

first, have you remembered to take all of your medications?

Why are your students acting up, it is only Wednesday?

Anyone left at work that you like?

When do you get to take the test?

And seriously woman, let go of ideas of an operation in Mexico, lordy. Lets think of other things you might do that are likely to help, that won't cost an arm and a leg...

First and foremost you have to reduce the effects of stress on the body, you have way too much, so how can you do that? meditation, yoga, walk in the woods, you tell me.

Next how is your sleep? How can you improve it? I assume the normal culprits have been addressed...dark, cool, quiet, still (no kiddies or puppies tossing and turning in bed with you) room...screen time reduced before bed....I often make a list of the things I will worry about tomorrow so I can let them go (don't do this if it will make you think of even more things!)....sleepy time tea...you tell me.

Now, how consistent have you been with food? Are you tracking? Lets find you a nice, clean, reasonably simple (note I know simple doesn't necessarily mean easy) program that you can stick to for the next month, something that you cna still get to eat foods you enjoy. Then, lets help you to figure out what steps (ie. pre-cook, crock pot, plan) it will take to ensure it will be successful. Maybe give yourself one day a week to splurge on something that will not negatively effect your health (so no wheat right?). Figure out what events are likely to cause an issue in the next 30 days and allow them to be your splurge or figure out a way they won't wreck your month.

hugs
                            Medications, yes. I gave been diligent although I gave let the htp5 slip. I was not sure it made a difference.

Students: they are 6th graders transitioning to 7th. They normally get squirrelly this time of year but it's worse this time. So many just want to get suspended to start summer early.

People at work: there is someone with the male version of my daughter and we commiserate but when I think if I have any notion of socializing with these people outside of work? No. It's like a step ford wives situation and just yucky.

Test: new testing dates are not out until July. However, a test or 2 should be in the fall. I will probably have to travel to Kansas City for it.

Stress: at an all time high. I think I have the crown and sash for queen of stress. Perhaps the Y membership will help with that. I find my craving for sugar highest when stressed.

Sleep: it's just ok. No real quality there, but I do sleep.

Food: dinners have been clean and simple. They are then leftovers for lunch the next day, or breakfasts. The casseroles have been helpful although they did not get made this weekend. last night I was going to make a philly casserole, so exhausted it was just steak and veggies. Not bad but portions were questionable and little leftovers..

Karin

Comment

• My 2 cents...

School - Power through. You are almost done. Take the test ASAP.

Health - Maybe change the "one change at a time" plan to a very drastic plan. How about going super clean paleo a la whole 30. Dump any food that may be messing with you mentally / hormonally / physically. Put carbs back up to a min. of 75g to help your mood. (Veg and a sweet pot daily) It may seem hard, but it may also be exactly what you need. Have you read "It Starts With Food"? Check out the Whole 9 site for more info.

Hugs sister.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Medications=yeah! keep it up!

Students=I am with P, power through, you can do it!

Socializing=nice point, who do you socialize with in your neck of the woods?

Test=again, I agree with P, take it as soon as you can!

Stress=gotta do something here, seriously, I think it is driving the whole situation, the Y is a great start.

Sleep= I hear ya. Some nights are great and some not so much, do what I can and get on with it.

Food=I think that P has a point here. Maybe you need something super structured to clean out the system. I feel like you have a day or two good then bam. I don't think your system is getting a chance to heal given that you have issues with wheat, and nightshades (and dairy?). It cannot be helping the situation.

I really don't think you can expect to start losing weight until you get that stuff cleared out of the system, get your stress under control, and sleep sleep sleep.

What can we do to help?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X