Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so you are set.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am not seeing the scale move... I'm stuck.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• for how long? You are so impatient! Aren't you just 2 days away from a not quite on point dinner?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh, and Miss Karin, didn't someone do tons and tons of cleaning and moving yesterday (hello inflammation)???????????????? Ahem, who is probably not stuck??????????
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Ugh!!!!!

This is the weight I was at in January, February, March and could not budge from then it went up to 330 in April....it is frustrating. I see losses from others here and there and I am like..well damn!! Even eating less than perfect food, eating sonic, I was still at my calories for the day.. I would also figure my work from yesterday would help not hinder..what does thus say for exercise? Ugh!!!

Goals
            1700 cal
            21 carb (although few days it may be 50)
            85 protein
            145 fat
            Karin

Comment

• Wait, what? you were up in April and now in the first week of May you are back down?

Problem with the less than perfect food, is even when you are within calorie ranges, you are going to be way over in sodium, and you (like myself) are notorious for retaining fluid. It is why your weight can go up so much when you have not eaten enough calories to explain the gain.

I challenge you to go an entire week without any convenience food, deli meats, or less than perfect food. For you, really doesn't that basically mean=no wheat, no dairy, no nightshades? Maybe even add sodium as a nutrient you track in MFP? I bet you will drop the fluid and will be on your merry way down the scale.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• According to MFP, my sodium level should be 2300mg of sodium. Today I am over like 146 BUT I have had dairy and the casserole I made tonight has the natural sausage, no msg as well as cream cheese. The dairy I currently consume is heavy cream, cream cheese, butter and occasionally good natural cheese. You are right though, those deli meats are a killer it's sad they ear so convenient. I have been off dairy before do not think it had much impact on my weight. Of course I supplemented cream for coconut milk
                Karin

Comment

• Yeah I don't think dairy is an issue for me either. Truthfully I am pretty sure my aches are related to my IBD and not what I eat.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Well I know msg is an issue as well as nightshades although, how do you get away from tomatoes?? Holy crap on a cracker.. It's like a mainstay. Fresh tomatoes are worse though which are easy to avoid. I have hwc and will start back on the cm once it's gone, although I do not see that as an issue. I do know that dairy like cottage cheese, yogurt and too much cheese cause an issue. For my weight ans to lose weight 1800 is suggested and I am working for 1700, you would think I could be dropping weight like crazy, right? I have been wondering if my fat is too high?? I have also read that if your protein is too high it turns to sugar? What to do, what to do?? I KNOW low carb is the right thing for me though. I tried the rice and sweet potato route and it was gain gain gain..maybe I am just broken and meant to maintain.. How depressing.. Ok.. Time for bed.
                    Karin

Comment

• If I was you I would work to get 1800 for 7 days straight. Do it all with real clean food. Don't worry about your numbers. But keep dairy and nightshades to a reasonable minimum and keep all wheat out of your diet. Just 7 days. And don't try to be heroic and go below that because 1800 is low already. I don't know where you got that because I weigh less than you and my TDEE is 2100. These are things that you know that negatively effect you, all that other stuff is anecdotal and they aren't your anecdotes and haven't proved true for you. And it is just muddying up the water.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• The Journey begins with me

http://caloriecount.about.com/tools/calories-goal

Is where I plugged everything in to get my number

My hormones since the hyst. Play a part as well...pretty sure of that
                        Last edited by athomeontherange; 05-04-2014, 08:00 PM.
                        Karin

Comment

• I see. I would still not go below 1800. I think if you get too restrictive on a daily basis you are more likely to go off the deep end. And when I say you I am speaking of the proverbial you. I know you would not actually do that. I sure do though. I can go low for a day or two but if I thought i had to be super restrictive every day it would set off a serious binge episode.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Scale up 5 this morning and then duh, forgot meds and supplements yesterday. I have remembered everyday for over a month and BAM! One day and the scale shows it. water, water water today..

fun facts:

temps in the 90's today
                            18 days of school left!
                            teacher appreciation this week.. we had a breakfast this morning :/
                            102 at 4pm was the high yesterday
                            Karin

Comment

• weight up to 328..

confession: If i can find a way to have weightloss surgery I am doing it.
                              Karin

Comment

• No need for a confession. Sometimes, we just need a little help. And, figuring out what works for your life and body is invaludable anyway -- you need those skills even after surgery.

Hang tight. What day does school end? My boys are done on the 22nd.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X