The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
    tired and hungry are not a good combo, you should do a couple of the casseroles while you are at it, portion and freeze, so you have something cooked when you need it.
    True. I kid you not, they are a life saver when it comes to breakfast. On Sunday we had casserole for dinner, then we portion and half of the portions are for mom and half for me. She has hers for lunch, I choose breakfast. So easy.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• yep, and while you are chopping and mixing you can just do a little different addition and make one you can portion for emergency dinners. Cause you seem to have about one night a week where sh*t happens.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Cause you seem to have about one night a week where sh*t happens.
        Yes and I never see it coming and then am SOL
        Karin

Comment

• yes, well if we saw it coming it wouldn't be an emergency!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yeah. Amazing how many emergencies happen in a week...............
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Headache!

So it's Friday and I usually let Lily stay up late. It's an indulgence she does not get because of school and she watches late night movies on Disney.. Ummm ok. However last night she decided to get ready for bed at midnight.. On came all the lights, including in my bathroom.. Slamming of there bathroom door to the rest of the house as the dark spooks her.. Yeah, I am in bed sound asleep.. She left items on my bd so ther is she is climbing all around my bed, as I am sleeping.. Yeah, this did not bode well for her..sleeping dragon mama and NO emergency?? Yeah.. Let's see how that works for you.

Mom wakes up with vertigo and is hollering for me.. I can not hear her, so Lily is yelling at me.. Umm yeah, before coffee.. I get up and ya know what.. I am flicking old and do not spring out of bed. My right ankle takes careful stretching every damn Morningstar I am suppose to run, not fully awake..

3 cup of coffee in and I am just now waking up.. Seriously..

I need to pack a bag and run away..
              Karin

Comment

• ooo, my kids know that sleep is sacred, they would not have survived an episode like that

Luckily it is Saturday, so I see a nap in your future. If your weather is nice maybe you can take a lounge chair or blanket outside and hide at the back of your property, read a little sleep a little?
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

ooo, my kids know that sleep is sacred, they would not have survived an episode like that

Luckily it is Saturday, so I see a nap in your future. If your weather is nice maybe you can take a lounge chair or blanket outside and hide at the back of your property, read a little sleep a little?
                  Great idea!!! I wish the wild part had a nook though.. Might have to see about that..
                  Karin

Comment

• I thought you had a nook? can't you download from your library?
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Lol..nook as in a small cleared yet concealed area..
                      Karin

Comment

• I am cleaning house..Lily is vanished to either her bedroom or outside. She chose outside..no screen time for her this weekend..
                        Karin

Comment

• oh man, if she is outside then you can't be. I think a little clearing down by the creek would be amazing! can you do fires at your house? You could dig a pit and it would serve 2 purposes, getting rid of the stuff you are clearing and, well, a fire pit. nice get away for evenings.

dang, I am just here thinking, "why the heck have I been sitting in the living room getting irritated that the tv is on, when all I have to do is drag a chair out to the fire pit" what an airhead, I have been wasting a very valuable resource!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I am going to build a fire pit in the yard...it's actually been a thought for a few years..this may be the year though lol
                            Karin

Comment

• I really like the one we built (it is in my "I did it" board) it was only slightly pricier than a store bought one, a bit more work too, but nicer looking I think, and more permanent. We built one for my mom as well.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I have a Coleman one I need to put together and then I have cinder blocks to put around it..
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X