No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good food day planned today. Its a pretty day although it will be a long one at school. We are interviewing for the language arts position on our team after school -2 interviews..

With spring coming these walking hormones are getting more crazy by the day.. diet coke is back in the holster.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am surprised you haven't lost the taste for it.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yeah, nope.. you would think, right?
        Karin

Comment

• funny, cause every once in a while at church I will have forgotten to bring something when I am working there and have to get a diet coke or dr. pepper, and I just, well, yuck. yes there are water fountains, but ew.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Good news, I think the issue with Lily at school is resolved. I talked to eye principal and school counselor and am satisfied with the consequence and what they will be doing to ensure this does not happen again.
            Karin

Comment

• Good. I'm glad.

Lily doing ok?
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Yes. She is mad at me making a fuss. She says she is already labeled a tattle tale and I am trying to explain the difference. Her response is mom, I can not tell on people every time they do something to me. The teachers would get sick of seeing me. This broke my heart. She gets picked on because of her ADHD and spd as well as just being tiny.
                Karin

Comment

• Boo got bullied a bit in school, mostly verbal. We did some practice about what his responses should be, since he tended to just say something like "no sir" or "nuhun", he worked on clever things that his friends would think were funny and would make the bully look like a jerk. His friends always backed him up, but the kid would not stop. Boo also learned the best response was to walk away. Once in the locker room after he chose to ignore the kid, the kid grabbed him by the throat, just as the coach walked in. Luckily the coach had a less than zero tolerance policy and the kid got a week suspension. The funny thing is that Boo has always been a big kid, not blubbery fat type big, just sturdy type big. The kid bullying him was tiny. At least 4" shorter and probably 50 pounds lighter. Really funny thing is the kid got ostracized for a few years, so he actually changed schools, when he came back he apologized to Boo, who doesn't even remember it ever happened. (I know because the kids told their moms and the moms told me, including the bully's mom who profusely apologized).
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Wow.. Cool that he came back to apologize.

The girl drama is horrible!! Just a look can set it all off. Ugh!
                    Karin

Comment

• I think my daughter avoided it all, because she was soooo self confident. Also, she managed to stay out of any one click, as she tended to have a new best friend every month or so. She generally assumes that what you say is either a compliment or you are talking about someone else!

p.s. the incident happened in 6th grade, the kid changed schools in 7th grade, returned in 9th apologized in 10th.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• So got home kinda late last night from the 2 after school interviews..called to see what was made for dinner only yo be told, oh..Lily and I grabbed something so you will need to grab something (I was so hungry). Really?! (More than a little pissed if I don't cook, no one does) So I did as it was almost 7pm. Stayed at calorie level but busted carbs over 100.. Weight up 2 this morning..
                        Karin

Comment

• Keep in control and it will go right back down. Hang in there today girlie!!!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• so we have a door decorating contest for the American Cancer Society about anti-smoking.. got the kids working and they are enthusiastic. Judging is next Friday. I will take a pic when we are done.
                            Karin

Comment

• Casserole this weekend. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cabbage-goulash

Making the casserole on Sunday and portioning out the rest for breakfasts in the morning that saved my bacon!!
                              Karin

Comment

• tired and hungry are not a good combo, you should do a couple of the casseroles while you are at it, portion and freeze, so you have something cooked when you need it.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X