No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the best lunches for me during the week are 3oz of meat and 1 1/2 c of slaw mix with mayo. so easy and the numbers are perfect. I jazzed the whole thing up dumping some hot sauce in instead of seasonings.. pretty good but then I love me some red hot sauce. I am also journaling and pre-journaling my evening dinner and snack to help with choices and macro ranges. So far so good.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• see, I knew you could do it. PITA at first, but then it becomes habit and voila you are dropping the pounds
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Amazing but 3oz seems to be plenty. Can I eat more meat? Sure. Do I feel more satisfied if I do? Nope. See though, I have written this before in my journal but the brain, it's a fickle thing.
        Karin

Comment

• Meat and kraut, one of my fav combos!!!! Yum !!!!
          K

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Ate lunch out, I was reasonable (as reasonable as one can be at a buffet), I filled my plate with lettuce, added a small piece of grilled fish and a small slice of pork loin and added dressing. then had a small plate of cherry cobbler with a 1/2 scoop (literally 1/2 a scoop, it was too hard to scoop out). Drank water. Am now so full I just want to go take a nap but have an hour of work left. This is why I don't like to eat during a work day.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Tonight's carbs are higher than they should be. Chalk it up to bad judgement. Nothing horrendous but I won't be doing that again because even in a few days it makes me feel like crud.
              Karin

Comment

• I thought you pre-tracked your dinner? Doing low carb as low as you are doing it doesn't leave any room for error though, even a small deviation would send you over, so you need to be easy on yourself when you do go over your goal, learn from it, and move on. Good to see you are not beating yourself up over it.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I had an afternoon snack, unplanned which sent the carbs over. I did modify the evening as much as I could to compensate though.
                  Karin

Comment

• Ah I see. The path you are taking currently has very little wiggle room.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Well weight the same this morning (321) but my jeans feel better with all that water weight gone. Ready to be a fat burner now.

Hearing about storms in the area last night, I slept through it all. Storms are not over..oh boy!
                      Karin

Comment

• You can do it. Eat plenty of good food, including fat. It's Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Yes to the fat!

I have pre-entered my food for today so I am READY!

On a side note: made a wonderful protein and fat casserole on sunday. IT has been wonderful to eat on all week for breakfast. Talk about starting the morning right with protein and fat ratios spot on. I think I am going to keep doing this. I have been researching casseroles. The sad part is when it comes to an end. I ate the last 1/2 portion this morning.

Taking my vitamins and feeling good. However, what was feeling like a UTI yesterday is not today. I did some researching and it said sometimes ketosis can feel like a UTI.. isn't that just wonderful?!! not.
                          Karin

Comment

• Tell me more about the casserole?????????
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• 1 pound of sausage
                              4 c chopped chicken cooked
                              1 bag of frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
                              1/2 onion
                              3 c mushrooms
                              8 oz cheddar cheese
                              8 oz cream cheese

fry up the sausage, add onion and mushrooms (it called for some celery but I forgot it). Once everything is cooked add cream cheese, chicken, and broccoli- stir. put in a baking dish top with cheddar cheese 350 for 30 min. WOW! Amazing!
                              Karin

Comment

• umm, double it, freeze one, take it out of the freezer on Wednesday night for the second half of the week. You could add a few eggs and top with bacon as well.

I have never heard the part about ketosis feeling like a UTI, interesting. How are you checking for ketosis, or is the breath enough for you to know?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X