No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted in the emf continues thread. I could not remember who had the threads and did not know what they were called. The search in this app is not helpful.

Going back and reading my journal was so helpful. However, I wish I had been more consistent of posting :

My foods
    My ratios
    My weight
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am hungry. I did not get my full lunch because a parent dropped in to chat about his kid. I need more fat. I am watching my macros and I think I will be hitting my targets pretty close today.

Oh my gosh.. I am not sure I will make it through Lily being 12. I am so tired of being screamed at when she does not get her way. I make every effort to not raise my voice which is exactly what she wants. When I do not engage she screams louder and says I am annoying her and intimidating her. This is why I need a drink today. I see all these kids and their parents where this does not happen. I see kids who would never dare scream at their mother.. Not in my house and I hate it!!!
      Karin

Comment

• I'm really feeling you today. I don't have any alcohol in the house -- wanna meet me somewhere for a drink, sans kids?
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Yes!!! 1000 times yes!!! Margaritas on me!
          Karin

Comment

• I caved and had 1/2 c rice stuff.. I should have resisted, could have probably but had the F-it attitude. I am coming clean here. Tomorrow I'll be better though.

Final numbers today are:
            Fat 70/75% a wee low
            Protein 20/20% perfect
            Carbs 10/5% high
            Calories 1993/1700 high

I still call today a success. Talk about mindful eating.
            Karin

Comment

• Move on. Recover -- tonight. Have some fat (seriously). Until you drop into ketosis, it's going to be a bit rough, but we're here for you.

And, yeah, I'd call it a success! Especially with the day/night you've had.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Ate more than fat..I gave got to learn to deal with issues better.

Tomorrow is earth day. I have planned a stay-field trip for the school. I am hoping the scheduling goes off as planned.. I got some district swag and made baskets with the help of the recycling club teacher for these folks who are donating their time.

I am tired.. It's not even 7pm, and I want to go to bed..
                Karin

Comment

• Me too. Was having a lovely low calorie day and then partially ruined it by diving into some jelly beans instead of yelling at my oldest guy.

I'm ready for bed, too, but alas, still have homework.................
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• -8 this morning. Even if that is water weight I am happy. My left hip and knee have been hurting. Pretty sure inflammation is the reason.

On the go all day today for the stay-field trip I have planned for the school. Its running through all the science classes for Earth Day. My lunch is going to be cut short today. However, because we are buying the lunch for the presenters ar Panera, I am going to be having one of their power bowls. More later...
                    Karin

Comment

• -8? Holy freaking cow, that is some water weight! No doubt that is helping the inflammation out!!!!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Glad you are getting some quick encouragement. Hang in there today.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I told you I am part camel! LOL
                          Karin

Comment

• look at you! congrats on the loss, water or fat it still makes the jeans tight-well loose in this direction.

I would love to make a suggestion that you get good at VLC before you mess with IF, you have so much stress in your life, I really feel like small changes are better for you right now. maybe after a few weeks and the weight loss slows down and summer starts you can through in an IF here or there.

when they yell, I walk away, no explanation/no words at all, when that is not possible, my responses are in a whisper, freaks them out I tell ya!
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Those power salads are amazing!! I squirted it with lemon juice and because I was eating on the back of a tail gate I did not mess with olive oil because of haven't drip situation I. Always seem to have. I am low in fat though, I am hungry..I got 3 olive oil packets with the power bowl and just ripped on open and took it like a shot.. Gross, but I hope it helps. I am also dehydrated from being in the sun all day. I am sitting down and resting for the 1st time, I have been all over the school and I am exhausted!!! So... I got my exercise for sure!!!

I am not looking to IF anytime soon. I want to give this a shot before tweaking.. I may need reminding.
                              Karin

Comment

• I wonder if part of the reason VLC works well for you (aside from the fact that you don't love veggies) is that you are avoiding nightshades, which don't seem to like your body.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X