The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
    My thoughts on IF-- don't plan it. Let it happen based on cues, but make sure you have a on plan meal ready in case you IF. I thinking naturally skipping a meal and then getting too hungry without on plan foods ready leads to getting whatever to and derailment. I think this is especially true early into a working plan.
    This makes a lot of sense and I totally agree, Based on prior experience. Thanks for the reminder!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• MUSHROOM CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

MUSHROOM CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
      3-4 cups diced cooked chicken
      1 pound pork sausage
      1 stalk celery, chopped fine
      1 tablespoon onion, chopped
      1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
      8 ounces cream cheese, softened
      16 ounce bag frozen cauliflower, cooked well and drained
      8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
      Salt
      1/2 teaspoon pepper
      Paprika, optional

Brown the sausage with the celery, onion and mushrooms. Stir the softened cream cheese into the sausage mixture until well blended. Coarsely chop the cooked cauliflower. Mix all of the ingredients and spread in a greased 9x13" baking dish. If desired, dust the top with paprika. Bake, covered with foil, at 350 for about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until hot and bubbly and the top is lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes.

Per 1/8 Recipe: 550 Calories; 40g Fat; 42g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
      Karin

Comment

• When starting vlc, remember to eat as much as you need. Don't try to cut meals or IF. Right now just try to be consistantly vlc.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• That makes sense. Thank you Paula.

Gosh I hope I start to see progress again..
          Karin

Comment

• Way over on calories and g's of fat and protein and under 20g of carbs. I will get better.
            Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              Hey this is a quote I took from Paula's thread that she found on Paleobird's

This is from Paleobird's "Eat Moar Fat" thread...

"I ran across an interesting formula for figuring your ratios from the work of Dr Jan Kwasniewski author of The Optimal Diet.
              First you figure up your IDEAL weight in KILOS. This is not necessarily the weight you are aiming for but it it your Ultimate HSIS (Hot Stuff In Swimwear) weight.
              HSIS weight in kilos plus/minus 10% = range for protein grams/day
              HSIS weight in kilos divided by 2 = upper end for carb grams/day
              The rest of your diet is fat. HSIS weight in kilos x anywhere from 2 to 3.5 depending on your weight goals (lower to lose, higher to gain)

So, at my height and HSIS weight this come out to about 1500 calories if I use the low end of the fat range and that is sometimes hard to get enough to make that. I wouldn't want to do it any higher.

Also, read the blog of Dr Peter Attia for more information on nutritional ketosis. "

So this is mine...HSIS weight is 72kg (I actually look great at 160!)
              That makes my protein range 65g to 79g
              My carb upper end 36g
              And my fat would be 144g at the low end and well no need to figure out the high end!
              That brings my calories to between 1700 and 1750.
              this seems totally doable!

For ease of remembering I am going 70g protein, half that in carbs=35g, double that in fat 140g and for now not stressing about calories, although theoretically this would make them work out right?
              From 12/12 after hyst.
              Karin

Comment

• I remember HFLC working well for you and your mood being very good. I also thought your mom enjoyed your meals when she would come over.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Interesting going back and reading your journal...

-damn I am a brat.. How do y'all stand me lol
                  -I use to be sick..A LOT..after hysterectomy, not so much
                  - the Wonder Woman talk originated in my journal.. Too funny Paula
                  - statement "mom is inboard there is no sabotage", which gain of 30+ since. Moving home...hmm.. She had a morning bs of 86. Told her this tonight and she said, I guess we need to do this again.. She does not sound convinced but they are talking insulin now.
                  - going over on protein was a common struggle..worked on eating 3oz meat per meal to control it
                  - Ruth, you ate pate, a lot.. I know we made it but can not find the recipe
                  - fat fast?? Easy fat dessert choc. Whip. I need to do this again
                  - 3/3/13 I was 278. I am now 330- how depressing is this?? It is this current number I am working on new Macros with.. I will post them in a bit.
                  Karin

Comment

• The Journey begins with me

Ok..I just calculated but then looked and was reminded Chris and I have very similar goals for the lchf.

Goal
                    Protein 66g
                    Carb 20-37 (going to keep it around 20)
                    Fat 146
                    Cal 1658-1700

Chris, I know you have said the above more than once.

That said, today I was over on all but carbs.. But now I feel more redirected

Is the eat moar fat thread still active ?
                    Karin

Comment

• I have an EMF board on Pinterest that may have some good stuff for you.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• She has weeks of Keto meal plans. Good stuff. http://ibreatheimhungry.com/
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• You could wake the EMF thread I would post there to cheer you on.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Having trouble finding emf thread but I did find your Paula!!

Ruth, I hijacked your emf board on pintrest.

Note to self: do the program, completely without tweaks and give it a chance.
                            Karin

Comment

• The Journey begins with me

Weren't you also making those egg, cheese, and veggie 'muffins'? You could add bacon to them and have those with the pudding and BP coffee. Don't forget about genaw.com for LC ideas.

P.S. Like your note to self! We will keep you honest.
                              Chris
                              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh, I thought you were talking about mine. The other was paleobird's. Then we had the January 2013 thread, tgen finally the EMF challenge continues.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X