No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You go girl. I am currently doing temporary vlc. I am enjoying it.

For the 50 g breakfast, I suggest 99% ff ground turkey. 4 oz -27g. You can pre make "burgers". Then I used to have 2 eggs and 2 tbsp gelatin to hit the 50g mark.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I think I have some frozen ground turkey in the freezer.. I will premake burger though, it will help during the week. Thanks Paula
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I had fasting blood work done this week.. Here is what they tested for and the results

Glucose 78
        Cholesterol 240 high
        Triglycerides 119
        Hdl 52
        LDL 164 high
        Vldl 24
        Non hdl cholesterol 188 high
        Hemoglobin 5.3
        Estimated average blood glucose 105.4

Know what this tells me? It would all be normal if I was not overweight..
        Karin

Comment

• So how did breakfast go this morning?
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Breakfast was good!!

I made a 3 egg frittata with roast pork, cheddar and salsa. I also made coffee and drank it black (I maintain when made properly it does not need anything added). 64g protein, 3 g carbs but can not remember if I need to count fat or let it fall where it may.
            Karin

Comment

• I would let fat fall where it may, but if you are having cravings, add more.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Got it.

Breakfast will take planning but very doable. If I remember right, there were times I IFd lunch or dinner, not as planned but just was not hungry. Would like to get back to that.
                Karin

Comment

• my custard will go great with this plan as well. The protein is not as high with that as I would like but I can pair if with a protein shake or something.
                  Karin

Comment

• Oh, and need to watch dairy..hidden carbs at times. That ff Greek yogurt has more than I like as I want to try and keep the carbs at 20 and no more than 40 if I had to.
                    Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      I would let fat fall where it may, but if you are having cravings, add more.
                      I think I was drinking bp coffee and that would help with fat and cravings
                      Karin

Comment

• Do you like Frank's hot sauce? This is really good (though I think I'd just make a casserole and cut it into slices - the muffins were a PAIN in the rear). The recipe is a bit time consuming, but worth it... Easy Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins I think the chicken (you could sub boneless/skinless chicken breast to decrease the fat and up the protein) would help make a nice protein-filled breakfast.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I like all hot sauce. I like any vehicle to go with my Siracha..lol I will check out the recipe. Thanks!
                          Karin

Comment

• Lunch was a tuna melt.

Cabot cheddar cheese melted in a pan.. When it was bubbly, tuna salad placed on top for a bit. Tasty! High protein, low carb. I can do this. Of course it has been 1/2 a day
                            Karin

Comment

• You CAN do this.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• My thoughts on IF-- don't plan it. Let it happen based on cues, but make sure you have a on plan meal ready in case you IF. I thinking naturally skipping a meal and then getting too hungry without on plan foods ready leads to getting whatever to and derailment. I think this is especially true early into a working plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X