No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last nights food was perfect as well. This eating slow is hard and I am sad to say I a not successful at it.

On to frustrating post: spring is here and my clothes are either too damn tight or do not fit. It's times like this I a,m thinking about drastic measures.. Researching medfast, weight watchers etc. my internal control is non existent. NW mentioned in a post, why do people just not take responsibility for their weight or something to that effect. Those words have hurt all week. I mean, you really think people want to be like this? I do not want to be this size, I make an effort to eat th right food and guess what, the scale does not move. Do not tell me, I have not given it long enough. I call BS. I see why there are people who say, Paleo did not work for me. If your internal locus on control is damaged, you can not lose weight with Paleo, primal etc. I am tired tired tired and beyond frustrated. Frustrated was in the rear view window months back. Do I always eat right? No. Few people go through this world eating perfect. I am done! What am I going to do? I am not sure. I do know calories count no matter wtf you eat. So, I am starting there. I am still eliminating the wheat because it does not agree with me NOT because it's necessarily a bad food source. Calories count and therefor fat does too. So, I am cutting fat. Will I eat all low fat/no fat? No, only because it does not taste good. Cookies and pie taste good too but I refuse to eat it all the time.

Call me a sell out or whatever. I am saying primal/Paleo does not work for me.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I understand your pain and frustration.
      What do your hormone levels look like? I know from experience that if they are off, weight loss does not happen.

I suggest getting your levels checked if they haven't been done in the last three months. I would want the following tests:
      1. Thyroid- TSH, free T4, free T3, antibodies
      2. Estradiol
      3. Vitamin D
      4. Fasting blood sugar, fasting insulin, HbA1c
      5. Iron- hematocrit, hemoglobin, ferritin.

Get a copy of the results and share them. Many doctors will look at them and see that your results fall in the normal range and say you're fine. I know fine does not mean optimal.

I think it's important to remember you have recently had an injury. Your body may just need time to heal completely from that before it has the ability to let go of pounds.

Finally, I had to give up wanting/trying to achieve weight loss. I had to focus on what I had control over-- my choices.

Comment

• True. I was thinking Karin that you need to find what will allow your suddenly menopausal body to start losing weight again. I think the surgery and sudden change was shocking. I don't remember you having weightloss success since.

I would almost venture to suggest that you try something drastic like vlc. But also add probiotics, and potato starch to feed your good gut biome. 4 tbsp of Potato starch only has 40 carbs, but only 20 countable carbs because it does not digest. It seems to me that many post menopausal women are very successful doing vlc.

I am so sorry about your frustration, I hope that you find your workable program.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I just read back in your journal to our vlc experiment in early 2013. Read February. You were loving vlc and weighed 278 by the end of the month. Then we started doing uddd and I'm not sure what happened. Maybe adding another factor got you off track with vlc? That was all post surgery right?
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Hmm surgery (hysterectomy ) was fall of 2012 so yea vlc February of 2013 was post surgery. Maybe that's where I need to search again..
            Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
              283.5 down 1.5 we all know this is water but at the same time, when you are storing water, how do you really know your true weight??? I do want to ease into IF and see how I can make it work for me. There are many folks that eat just 2 meals a day which is fine with me. I just need to make sure I am getting plenty of nutrients those 2 meals.

Paula: I like this approach: Breakfast-Lunch skip dinner. Skip breakfast eat Lunch-Dinner

So I had dinner last night, breakfast this morning, I will have lunch (so that is 3 meals in a row) but am going to skip dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow.

B: eggs and pork country rib
              L: chicken with peas and 2 HB eggs.. forgot the graperfruit..grrr

I feel behind on my liquids already.. still working on initial 22 oz of coffee, going to also add some acv to water today and made another jug of lovely lemon verbina/camomile tea for this after noon.
              Looking at this
              Karin

Comment

281.5 this morning down 2. 136+ oz of fluid yesterday. Chris, its making a huge difference I think Feeling good this morning, no adverse affects of IFing 2 meals.

D: last night, IF
                B: IF
                L: BAS (country pork rib, letuce mix, 2 HB eggs and an avacado)
                D: Thinking maybe fish, although I want to make a meat chili this weekend and have some left over for my salads next week.

At the store I found a new product by vicks, its called sinus and its a spray that lasts 12 hours. You spray 2-3x in each nose (its a decongestant) I swear it feels like I just shoved vicks UP my nose. However, after like 2 minutes it does not feel bad!!! hahaha.. we will see.. the drainage is just no fun- period!

Hmm... well my open coconut oil jar is almost gone, I think I might just swipe it and MOISTURIZE!!!

Bad mommy moment: forgot to give dd her meds yesterday... of course she was "not herself" and the sub called her a naughty girl. made me want to cry. Remembered her meds this morning!!!
                Another interesting post
                Karin

Comment

• Are those from Feb 2013?
                  Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Oh shoot..that's from February 2012 I think.. Let me go back again
                    Karin

Comment

My window is 1-6pm. I find its worse in the morning..I sometimes miss my eggs and.... but that feeling passes. I find myself snacking towards the end of the window and am working on it. Consuming less calories though etc.

Prospect meeting is tonight at 7. *sigh* we will see

Menu today
                      chicken breast
                      Beet greens (beets tomorrow...they are interesting on the anatomy)
                      Bone broth with garden onions and celery

Today:
                      helping lily with her science project
                      planting some peas and maybe green beans
                      Household chores that seem endless
                      March 2013
                      Karin

Comment

I also read on Kruse's site about how its ok to do 2 meals/day?? I only mention this because I seldom have a problem IFing a meal (such as today when I spaced bringing a lunch). Good thing the reset starts tomorrow for me.. isn't today fat tuesday?? LOL

1. 3 hours before bed no food- not a problem.. got it
                        2. 3 meals a day (?), no snacks- not a problem
                        3. eat to satisfaction.. going to have to listen to the body
                        4. high protein breakfast.. the following is posted from sugar babies thread here about breakfast ideas:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33278.html
                        50+g Protein Breakfasts

(Season as you like, add low sugar fruits and vegetables.)

4oz sirloin steak 35g
                        2 eggs12g
                        2 oz cottage cheese 6g

8oz ground beef 46g
                        2oz cheddar cheese 14g

4oz pork chop23g
                        4oz Cottage cheese 12g
                        3 Eggs hard boiled 18g

4oz Ham slice/cubes16g
                        4 eggs scrambled 36g
                        1 oz cheddar cheese 7g

8oz cottage cheese 24g
                        8oz greek yogurt 20g
                        Blend together add 1 scoop flavored protein powder

1/4 quiche 34g
                        8 slices Canadian bacon 20g

4 pieces regular-sliced bacon 12g
                        3 eggs18g
                        Protein shake 1 scoop 24g

2 hard boiled eggs 12
                        1cup kefir 8-14g (depends on brand & fat content)
                        5 oz ground beef patty 29g

6oz chicken breast 42g
                        1/2 c greek yogurt 10g
                        (pour yogurt over chicken, add some salsa, heat through)

Protein Shakes

2 scoops of most varieties = 48-50g
                        Mix egg white protein with flavored
                        Add coconut milk and/or ice to blender to make a frozen shake

1 scoop 24g
                        8oz yogurt 20g or 8oz cottage cheese
                        Add enough water or coconut milk to thin if desired

2 scoops protein 48g
                        1 raw farm-raised egg6g (I wouldn’t use regular store eggs raw.)

Fruit adds flavor but little or no protein.

Quiche:

Basic recipe can be divided into muffin tins or a pie plate/quiche dish for wedges= 132g protein:
                        10 eggs beaten well
                        8oz cheese, gruyere, swiss, or you choice or mixed
                        ˝ cup diced onion (or scallions, shallots)
                        2T water (or cream or sour cream or yogurt)
                        4 oz diced ham (bacon/minced beef /pork/chicken/shrimp-adjust protein count)
                        Salt and pepper and season to taste
                        Mix ingredients, pour into greased dish, bake at 375F for 35-45 minutes or until knife comes out of center clean.

Cook for a few days:

Lightly cook several ground beef patties, steak pieces, pork chops or other meats in portions you prefer. I do 4 or 8oz portions, which will keep in refrigerator, and can be quickly heated in pan or microwave.

Boil a dozen eggs Sunday night, bring to boil, turn off heat and let sit for 20 min; to ease peeling: after cooking, put into a bowl of ice water for 2-3 minutes, return to hot water for 1-2 minutes, then back in cold water. Store in container with a folded paper towel to collect water the eggs give off.

Make a quiche, cook a roast, roast a chicken, etc, for several easy meals.
                        5. Carbs between 30-50 should not be a problem if I watch the HWC

Oh.. ordering a fitbit for me and one for my mom today. I will let you all know more when it arrives. More later.. the bell rang.. work just interferes with everything!!! LOL
                        Feb 2012 post
                        Karin

Comment

• Damn I am on my phone and cannot get the full scope. My only advice is akin to what P was saying. Basically to start rereading your journal post surgery and see what worked. And see if you can get close to it.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So what I can discern is vlc..there was also an IF component. It also looks like a leptin reset.
                            Karin

Comment

• The Leptin Reset looks like pre surgery, but I can tell you that the big protein breakfast does cut cravings and is normally done vlc. The only thing I remember was that you had difficulty consistently eating a big breakfast.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Well then, I am going to start the vlc again with a large high protein breakfast. Going to try for 50g protein in the morning and between 20-30g carbs for the day. At one point I was also doing bf coffee, so might add that in as well.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X