No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. I am eating slow- easier said than done because I chew really super fast. yesterday was the first real awakening with this. I am making myself count chews and appalled myself. I really think eating slower is a key issue. My goal is to count 10 chews per bite minimum. trying to count eat chew per bite (it helps with not gulping my meal down.)

2. I am taking my supp's. The fish oil has fallen away and I need to get that back in. With it being stored in the fridge I do not even think of it. I need to make a prompt with my other supps to remind me.. fish oil still absent..

3 weed out the wheat.

So far today I forgot to count my chews and I ate on The go this morning. The wheat is still present and I feel it. I feel it in my feet and knees. Going shopping today because a larger variety of food may help the need to just grab convenient. Fish oil is absent still. Mornings have been hectic and I have forgotten. To be honest it's been all I can do to remember everything else I need to take and member to grab something for lunch.

Making a large decision.. More later..

I was also reminiscing when I was losing weight I seem to remember I ate a lot of slaw with mayo. In fact it was a mainstay for every lunch and quite a few dinner. I am not sure why I moved away from that but adding that back in effective tonight. If I remember correctly I added mostly canned chicken to it when I did not eat it alone and on occasion added tuna. So, there is my a-ha moment for today.

ok, so a small snow rolled in yesterday and chilled me to the bone all day. I felt physically awful. When I went home I was still freezing and went to bed where I fell asleep and did not get back up until this morning. I had some wakeful moments but other than that, I slept from 5ish to this morning. I feel better but my center of balance is wacked. We will have a warmer day 60's and 70's tomorrow and I am thankful.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Good luck on the decision making. Slaw sounds wonderful. Home made?
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Real simple..I buy the preshredded slaw mix, add mayo and Chris' ranch mix seasoning. However, Paula it would be perfect for you and the low carb!
        Karin

Comment

• Awesome, Thanks!
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I was going to mention that was likely when you were doing lower carbs? or maybe SANE? Since you have such a great egg source you should make the mayo, it is sooooo much better tasting than store bought, especially with good eggs.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I should try homemade mayo again..
              Karin

Comment

• Must use an appliance that allows you to SLOWLY drizzle the oil as you are agitating the emulsion. Once you get it you will have it. It took me a few tries but now it is second nature and I have used the technique to make eye cream as well as to emulsify salad dressings.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Vitamix?
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Yep, but I will use my hand electric blender with a whip attachment for small batches. I use a tall plastic glass and it is really fast but requires a bit of coordination. I used to use the food processor too but I don't have one with a chute anymore.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I always just put the ingredients in a wide mouth mason jar and blend with a stick blender. I have heard of mayo not mixing, but it has never happened to me.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I have had disastrous results in the past. I am not sure I know where my stick blender is, if I have one anymore. I think it died a few years back..

Today is a new day. Went grocery shopping and am armed with quality food. I hate not just being this size but my hips knees and feet feeling like this.

Command decision is to take the licensure test to become a school administrator. The test is $500 so I am saving which gives me time to freshen up / study for the test. I think I am ready for administration because Lily is older now, more options career wise and a boost financially. Do I want to be an AP? Yeah, that would be fine. I would also really like to be a curriculum coordinator, which takes an admin license. I got the book yesterday. I need to find the test dates but am thinking that I can take it in the fall so in January I can peruse a position.
                        Karin

Comment

• one week, one hour, one minute, one moment at a time...

Breakfast done and on track. Oh, made an iced coffee this morning with SF raspberry.. party in my mouth good!!

Lunch planned is on track as well. I bought some fresh fruit to off set the grain busting cravings
                          Karin

Comment

• Good luck on the licensing exam.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Thanks. I just went online to see when the future testing dates are and none are listed for Kansas or Missouri. I know that the test is only offered a few times a year but wow.
                              Karin

Comment

• So yesterday food was perfect, on target etc. UNTIL dinner.. then it was a disaster. New day and it has not started well food wise (I hate running running running I forget to take care of me "my own oxygen mask".) Lunch is planned better and so is dinner.

TGIF.. enough said.

oh, loving this iced coffee with the raspberry sf syrup. You would not think its a good flavor combination but it is. I need some sf choc to mix with it and then I think we have a true winner. I have been using this bullet like machine to whip it up.. super duper easy and so much cheaper than buying coffee especially iced coffee. I figure restaurants charge $5/gram of ice or so..
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X