Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fingers crossed for an uneventful party
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Have not weighed in a couple days, I will tomorrow. Have I been eating primal? Umm, no. Do I expect weightless, no. However, I am trying to remember to eat slowly because I know for certain my stomach and brain are not in sync. If I can make myself eat slower maybe my stomach will send a message quicker to my brain that I am done. This is very hard though when you wait too long to eat which is another really really bad habit.

So, still no evaluation done yet. We are state testing and this year is awed up, thank you Kansas. The states servers keep crashing the test. So there is the first priority in school. The students I think have gone insane. 7 of mine over 2 classes in one day in in-school suspension for stupid stuff. I never send kids to the office yet in one day it was 7. These last 5 weeks of school are going to suck. Pass the vodka!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ah 5 weeks, Now I am jealous. I still have 9 with students and 2 for exams.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Karin, I have forgotten what your goals for this 21 days are...supplements and ?is it eating slowly? and something else? I am wondering if a daily recounting of the goals here might help you (I know that for me, I tend to change mine -tweak- enough that it helps for me to reiterate them often till they become habit)

Sorry about your class craziness.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris- I bet you beat everyone at indian fighting (did you ever do that when you were kids? wrestle with the legs to flip the other person over?) because you pin me every time. lol It would be good for me to post daily so I can see it because I forget. True, fly by the seat of my pants, so many irons in the fire I do not have enough pot holders- you get the point.

Ok.. here is:

1. I am eating slow- easier said than done because I chew really super fast. yesterday was the first real awakening with this. I am making myself count chews and appalled myself. I really think eating slower is a key issue. My goal is to count 10 chews per bite minimum. SO FLIPPING HARD! I know.. waa waa..

2. I am taking my supp's. The fish oil has fallen away and I need to get that back in. With it being stored in the fridge I do not even think of it. I need to make a prompt with my other supps to remind me.

3. I need to move, want to move but am not moving. Why?? I am SO STINKING EXHAUSTED when I get home from work!! I am standing almost all day though at my standing desk or walking the room. My feet feel it. In fact, my hips, knee and back feel it now when I sit too long. I get crampy in the joints. It is painful but when your feet are tired and need to rest them... GAH! I know.. waa waa

I need to review my lessons. I am weeding wheat out completely.. hard when its birthday galore around here now. Though, that ends this weekend.. whew!
            Karin

Comment

• I would like to suggest that you drop the need to move until you can stand all day and it is invigorating as opposed to exhausting, maybe just shoot for wii on your days off?

I also think that weeding out wheat completely should get its own number, so make that 3 and turn movement into something fun instead of something you have to do (for now, till you get the other 3 down pat)

Never Indian wrestled, but I can pin you down because, except for your level of stress, we have very similar issues (well I don't have wheat but you know what I mean). So I am really talking to myself.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• 1. I am eating slow- easier said than done because I chew really super fast. yesterday was the first real awakening with this. I am making myself count chews and appalled myself. I really think eating slower is a key issue. My goal is to count 10 chews per bite minimum. SO FLIPPING HARD! I know.. waa waa..

2. I am taking my supp's. The fish oil has fallen away and I need to get that back in. With it being stored in the fridge I do not even think of it. I need to make a prompt with my other supps to remind me

3 weed out the wheat. It will, should be easier after this weekend.

So my birthday dinner I requested is: BBQ short ribs, green beans and strawberry shortcake (plan more strawberries and cm whip cream rather than cake). Yeah, one veggie.. Maybe a Carolina slaw.. I do not see my mom getting adventurous. Lol

So, what's up with feeling ok in my hips and back when I am moving and when I sit then get up it's like I am 90 years old...
                Karin

Comment

• I have the exact same issue, I feel much better if I am standing and walking than once I sit for a while. It doesn't matter what chair it is either.

I am thinking I am going to try to add a couple of yoga poses from the sleep article I posted in my journal to see if that helps.

I feel like it is a good thing that I feel better moving than sitting. The shoes will make the difference for the feet so I am gonna look for memory foam insoles, stop buying cute shoes on sale and look for cute shoes that I can stand in all day, and get to gardening when I get home from work.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Ooommmggggg..I am so sore. So Lilys 3D target was a 2 1/2 hour HIKE (Kansas is NOT flat). Fun.. The weather was great abet the wind. I hate hate hate that this hiking was hard!!! My knee and feet...wow..I need drugs. Pics on fb. For some reason I can not post them here
                    Karin

Comment

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IUcKEvL_Tx8#

I know you aren't Agnes but hope you have a happy day.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• cute video Chris. I needed that!

Lily's party was good. Here I can share things I would not elsewhere so I will just say how kind of disheartening that only 5 kids came to her party. She had 20+ invitations. Now, I know that kids in general do not tolerate kids who are different well. On the flip side, large groups tend to set her off. She was good yesterday but I get so frustrated that she does not show appreciation for anything, unless prompted. I then proceed to explain my frustration with her, which I probably should not do but yes, I should. Some things are in her control, some are not. Sometimes those lines are blurred. Her BFF even called her on her behavior. The way she shushes her grandma and myself, the rude tone she responds to us at times sets me off. When I try and explain what a better response or tone might look like, I get "shut up". In fact, that is her catch phrase. I am tired tired tired. I know she has problems and diagnosis. I would like a kind and loving child, shoot, I would take just kind. She does not get everything she wants but yes, she probably is spoiled a bit. I am exhausted parenting her, but parent her I will. She is my gift and it is that, that I try and focus on. I can not will her to be someone different, I can not change her. I am just trying to prepare her for the real world that is not very accommodating, which brings us full circle to her birthday. She was disappointed more kids did not come but she said this was the most fun birthday. The weather was horrendous so I deflected her disappointment with that.

I was too exhausted to eat the birthday dinner that was in the crock pot and help mom make the other portions. We are saving it for tonight. sooo we have LOTS of cake (most is in the freezer), I will have strawberries and CM whip cream for dessert tonight with my belated birthday dinner.

Oh, its snowing
                        Karin

Comment

• The type of parenting you do IS completely exhausting, there's no doubt. Wish you lived closer so that I could give you a break sometimes My situation is different, but I have some small inkling of what you're going through.

It's hard to balance taking care of them in the way they need with preparing them for life. I wish there was an instruction guide - but, no such luck as far as I can tell!

Kids are hard. They are (to me) surprising mean. People say/do mean things to my boys all the time. I don't particularly understand it (didn't when I was a kid, either).
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Ok, and here is the thing that is probably most hurtful: my very very good friend ( went to college together, our daughters are 2 months apart, they gave grown up together), did not come. Her daughter has a party and Lily is not invited but make arrangements for a weekend with just Lily and her and not around her friends (she is embarrassed or something, they are throwing apart which happens I get it). They had softball, ok.. Well it rained.. Did they still come? No. I probably should not let it bother me but it does. It is hurtful. Just because a kiddo is different does not mean they need to be excluded and I guess that's how I feel. I hurt for Lily which in turns breaks my heart. So hard to not tear up over this. I guess it's bothering me more than I thought. I have not even answered the text from my friend about my birthday. Hurt and mad.. A bad combination..
                            Karin

Comment

• 1. I am eating slow- easier said than done because I chew really super fast. yesterday was the first real awakening with this. I am making myself count chews and appalled myself. I really think eating slower is a key issue. My goal is to count 10 chews per bite minimum. trying to count eat chew per bite (it helps with not gulping my meal down.)

2. I am taking my supp's. The fish oil has fallen away and I need to get that back in. With it being stored in the fridge I do not even think of it. I need to make a prompt with my other supps to remind me.. fish oil still absent..

3 weed out the wheat. It will, should be easier after this weekend<--- HAHAHAHAHA! I am so funny

ok, so a small snow rolled in yesterday and chilled me to the bone all day. I felt physically awful. When I went home I was still freezing and went to bed where I fell asleep and did not get back up until this morning. I had some wakeful moments but other than that, I slept from 5ish to this morning. I feel better but my center of balance is wacked. We will have a warmer day 60's and 70's tomorrow and I am thankful.
                              Karin

Comment

• turning things around after a wheat and or sugar feast is very difficult, the body keeps craving it. Odd that really, you would think the body would not crave those things that do not sit well with it.

Can't lose weight if you don't sleep, more and more evidence supports that.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X