The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Journey begins with me

No eval yesterday..principal was dealing with kids and cops etc.

Today is Lilys 1st archery tournament! Kind of excited!!

Started off eating well.. Then..ugh! Lil had a bit of a meltdown, I binged a bit..moving on.

This eating slow is hard. Eating fast has been such a bad habit.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 04-05-2014, 05:56 AM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I'm doing terrible on eating slow. Even though I know how well it works.................

Pictures later of the archery tournament?
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Of course pictures!!!
        Karin

Comment

• so excited about the tournament.

I find that I do better at eating slow when I eat alone, and when I am playing "Words with Friends" on my phone. I put the phone down to take a bite then I put the fork down to play some words. Now I know that technically this is considered mindless eating as opposed to the mindful eating that eating slowly is supposed to be, but it actually does keep me from going (or obsessing on) seconds. I am best at going slow when I am eating with people with whom I am carrying on a conversation. I will put my fork down to listen and obviously to talk. I am not good at doing it purposefully and mindfully, it is actually almost uncomfortable for me to sit and force myself to chew chew chew wait wait wait then take another bite.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I posted quite a bit about the tournament on fb. It was fun but we were exhausted when we got home. Lots of "wait" time.
            Karin

Comment

• darn, there are certain sports that do have a ton of wait time. So glad that in the end the ones my kids ended up in didn't have that. For Boo's shooting, they gave him his start time, he had to be there an hour early, 2 hours of shooting and done, the scores were done electronically so therefore instant. For Dudla's cross country, All the girls ran at the same time, race lasts about 30 minutes. They did usually run after the boys, but well, still only an hour total. Hated when they did swimming and track, which were all day events, soccer and football were pretty easy too.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This was they first time the school hosted the state tournament. She had a shoot time, it was on time but they had disputes with scores, so we waited and waited for final results. It was all electronic but there were many ties that gad to be broken with either 10's or 9's.
                Karin

Comment

• ah, Boo had a shooting match like that, we finally just left not knowing his score (it was the first day of spring break and we were on our way to Florida)
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Next time we leave..it ate up the whole Saturday..ugh!! Next week is a 3D shooting fun match.
                    Karin

Comment

• 3D shooting?
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• The target shape forms are like a deer, rabbit, buffalo etc.
                        Karin

Comment

• Today is Lil's birthday.. hello 12 years old! I feel so bad though, it does not take much to overwhelm her at times. Where this should be a happy day, it has been tough this morning. We had a partial meltdown.. those are no fun. I am learning though to try and keep birthdays light and easy going. No longer do we select a favorite restaurant and do something special. It is too much. This year we are selecting out favorite dinner and just doing a little birthday at home (part is Sunday- start praying now). We did this for mom's birthday and Lily handled it so much better. So we will see. Her meal is pineapple pizza and frosted brownie as her cake. I am having meatza and frosted brownie.

Feeling very disenchanted with teaching.. the state is making things VERY difficult. I am pursuing other occupations. Will it lead to anything? Do not know. Will I relocate? Oh heck ya.
                          Karin

Comment

• we were not big on big celebrations, though with our family a celebration ends up being kinda big if everyone shows up.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• She wants a party with her friends, which I get. We are working on strategies for when and if she becomes overwhelmed at that time. If her OT daughter comes, her OT will be there as well to help her with coping strategies.
                              Karin

Comment

• Lily said this was the best birthday ever. Low key the answer? probably. So, last night instead of the meatza we made more of a noodleless lasagna. Ohmygosh.. soooo good!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X