No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording in MFP. I am not sure the calories are what is called for but I figure it can not hurt. It's less than 1700 calories. I scanned an interesting post on why you are not losing weight. Lack of sleep and stress topped the list but also not eating enough. They are referring to diet or low calorie food. I am not eating either but I know there are times I am not eating real nutritious either. Tracking in MFP will help with that.

I have to say, I rally enjoy the gf bread. I am watching my portions as the calories, carbs. And fat can get carried away. I am. Also slicing it super thin so the calories are not quite accurate and I am getting less in there way of calories etc. I am calling it a buffer of a sorts. My little loaf I figured was about 4 servings. Slicing thinner I am getting about 2x as many slices. I had some BBQ pork butt for lunch and it was nice with a little slice of this bread.

The plan is to walk when I get home this afternoon but I would like to get back to working out in the morning by either wii or treadmill. Working out early helps fire all the juices and makes me alert but working out in there afternoon helps me work through tension. Eventually I will be doing both.

The wind here continues to howl.. A storm is blowing in towards the end of there week. Just rain and no snow. I am anxious to start planing but around here is sketchy before Mother's Day. We sometimes have the rogue snow or frost. All I can say is I am ready for spring and then summer.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• On my down days, when every calorie counts, I am meticulous about weighing/measuring, using the exact brand (if there is one), and getting an accurate count. On up days, I am just tracking for information, not so much for calories, and so I don't really pay much attention to them. I still weigh and measure portions because it helps when I am out at a restaurant to be able to visualize portions, and I assume they are ball park. Honestly that is probably good enough since there is no way to know accurately how much you burn/need/use and then to be able to undercut that accurately to know you will lose weight. I think it is habits that we create that will provide the long term lasting results we are looking for.

I went to pick up the pine straw and it was everything I could do not to pick up some plants as well. Our average last frost is tax day, so I will not plant before April 15th. But when the weather is nice it is hard to hold that thought.

I am good at getting on the treadmill on my days off if 1. I have something I want to read and 2. I don't have a physically demanding project to do that day. I don't even try on my work days. But I am going with the studies I have seen recently that 4 hours a week of light cardio is best for health, which with my work schedule is perfect!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Pretty good day today. I got my supplements and fish oil done and tracked my food and did pretty good which according the PN, I rocked it. Ok, I did not walk. I did however stand most of the day which has to count for something . This morning is toddler from 9am to lunch. I tried to eat slow. Then I stood from lunch to 1:45 from there I walked and sat as I prepped labs. I am stiff. I am also not drinking enough during the day. I need to work on that. Oh.. And I gave not had a diet soda in daaaaaaays.
        Karin

Comment

• not having soda is huge!!!! I assume you are substituting tea for the soda, which keeps your fluids up and gives you something positive to replace the soda.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Tea and coffee gave replaced it. The coffee is black most of the time, sometimes with a splash of half and half.
            Karin

Comment

• awesome
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Ready for another good day. I need to retread the PN stuff again. I find it helps to read it often in there day. I have posted by me desk:
                1. Out run the bear.. You do not need to be the fastest, you just need to outrun the slowest person
                2. Take the perfect off the table..don't worry about being perfect. Shoot for being Better than yesterday
                3. Practice your habit of taking fish oil and a multi

Still doing the fish oil, I am down to 1 tsp though and taking my multi and supplements. I find if I take them with my bp and asthma meds I remember better.

Left over frittata for breakfast, the last of there BBQ Boston pork butt and some gf free bread for lunch and feeling good. I think the htp5 is kicking in as well. I still feel like I had my ass handed to me when I get home from work though.
                Karin

Comment

• I only did a tsp of the fish oil when I was doing it, when I remembered.

LOVE taking perfect off the table, so very hard to do though.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Like taking perfect off the table, eating slow is another. I just want to get it done because 1. I don't want to think of food any longer thank I have to and 2. It's part of that perfect efficiency I need to let go of. We as a society are so busy getting to the next thing. I thought the study about this was interesting in that people who ate slower ate less calories..

As for the fish oil, I started off with 2 tablespoons which after a while was a bit much. 1 tsp is no big deal. It does not even taste horrible.
                    Karin

Comment

• I finally ran out and have not replenished my supply of fish oil, because I was so bad about remembering to take it I am not sure it did any good. It is pricey too, if you get the good stuff.

Not sure what my reasoning for eating so fast is, not that I am so busy or anything. I do much better when I eat at the table and have conversation, which is unfortunately very rare these days. That might be why I tend to lose weight when at my mom's, dinner is at the table and lots of conversation going on, it is also earlier than I tend to eat at home (at least on my "normal" days), so I am not starving. On my down days I work to eat in a 2 to 3 hour window (4:30 to 7:30 at the latest), and that keeps the hunger in check.
                      Last edited by demuralist; 04-01-2014, 12:36 PM.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• The Journey begins with me

Got on the scale and my weight has gone up..again. Here is the thing, I am not eating heaping plates of food... Beyond frustrated and not happy. I am also regretting moving back, even though mom can not handle the place by herself. I have so much stinking thinking going on in my brain right now. Just looking at my half of the house, even I know I am depressed and overwhelmed . I suppose it's no wonder about the weight. FML.
                        Karin

Comment

• OK, I am here to attack your stinkin thinkin

First, for me, daily weigh ins and tracking the number in my "up day chart" on MFP help to minimize the effect of a bad number showing up, especially when I think it should be a good one (like it not going down when I think I have been 'good'). I think if you are going to weigh you need to find a way to do it that it does not effect your attitude. If it is just another piece of information or it is motivational (no matter what direction it goes in) then it is a good thing to weigh. If it has a negative effect you either need to work on your attitude toward the number or you need to stop weighing.

Second, since you really have very little choice (apparently) regarding the living situation, you need to get off that regret train and start working to figure out how you are going to make it a positive situation. Calmly list the things that you think make it not great and decide how you are going to turn it around. Just like a marriage, (except for the very worst/abusive ones), once you decide this is it and there is no leaving it is easier to work through the issues.

Third, you are on a long journey to health. It will eventually and SLOWLY, create weight loss, but right now your focus is on creating habits and attitudes that will carry your through the loss as well as being able to maintain it. You know that the previous methods of quick loss have not been good for you. You know that the good habits are nearly impossible to create and hold if you go too quickly. You either don't give yourself enough time (how many days have you been back on it?), or you hurt yourself. BE Patient. (p.s. this is actually advice to myself as well, since my scale has told me weird things -going down after up days and up after down days).

journey of a thousand steps...

eat an elephant one bite at a time...

you get it, now don't make me come over there...
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I need to listen to "second". Sometimes I obsess over situations that I cannot change in the way I wish to change them. All we can do is take care of what is under our own control.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, Chris. I'm in the same place as Karin and really needed to hear all of that.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Luckily between the 4 of us we tend to have some very common situations that we rotate in and out of and that we can, at various times, advise about-because we have been there done that.

In various arenas of my life I am very good at the second one, but in others-well not so good. Our journals are a great place to be able to vent the issues, but then we need to let it go and resolve the situation. I am working on that with my volunteering at church issue. Need to learn to say no and quit griping about having to go do what I didn't say no to!

Something I have started to do this week...every time I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, or a window or where ever, I say "I am adorable" (aloud if I am alone, in my head if someone would hear). A couple of issues have sprung up while doing this...possessing it-in other words using "I" instead of "you"...and I am not comfortable saying "I am beautiful". Baby steps though, it is my way of letting myself know that, no, I am not perfect, but I am still pretty darn fantastic and definitely worth working on. I think it is helping. Something to think about.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X