No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love your advice. I also agree. I still think the eggs are going to be tough.. but not impossible. The seeds are very questionable that they are a problem. I do not often eat seeds but I love my sunbutter.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am just now adding seeds and nuts so that I don't have to take a supplement for whatever it is they have (Omega 3?)
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Most nuts are higher in omega 6...the kind that you don't want more of.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Paleomom.com has an excellent article on why you do not want a lot of nuts and seeds.
          Karin

Comment

• ok, not Omega 3 then. But it is on my list of foods to eat to keep my IBD in remission. I didn't put the reason. Maybe fermentable fiber?
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am not overly productive today.. I have laundry to do and cleaning of Lilys room but I digress.. I have made 2 loaves of gluten free bread that are, amazing. I am sharing them here lest I forget (not likely) and to share with you all. I used domata gluten free flour (no nut flours for me, I want to live thank you.)

4 eggs
              4 Tbsp grass-fed butter (you could use Refined Coconut Oil or Palm Shortening as an alternative)
              cup Tapioca Flour
              cup Coconut Flour
              1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
              tsp Cream of Tartar
              tsp Baking Soda
              1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 7.5″x3.5″ Loaf Pan with wax paper. Grease the wax paper with coconut oil (if you have a good non-stick pan, you should be able to get away with just greasing it really well).
              2. Melt the butter (or coconut oil if using) in the microwave and let cool slightly.
              3. Beat eggs in a blender or food processor until frothy, about 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and process again until smooth. Let the batter sit for a minute to thicken.
              4. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Spread it out so that the surface is even. Bake for 35 minutes. Enjoy!

I made one loaf cinnamon raisin and one plain.
              Karin

Comment

• Ruth, I got the email. I feel bad because I am not rally working out. My foot is feeling better so I want to plan to at least start back on the wii tomorrow. In the evenings I want to hit her treadmill sad well. My goal is Monday Wednesday and friday unless I am feeling it especially well and then I can add to it.

As of today I have started to enter in my fitness pal. I like the PN steps, although you know me, I want it all and I want it now including the steps but I can see why it goes slow. So my focus this week will enter my food (good bad whatever), 3 days of moving minimum and to eat slow. Oh and take my vitamins and fish oil. Since I am done with my antibiotic, I need to start some probiotics.

We are starting to plan the garden. We can not start planting until Mayish because of these threat of snow and frost. I have some great ideas in pintrest we are going to do. The list for the garden is: pumpkin, watermelon, peas and green beans for Lily more or less then zucchini and some various squashes, lettuce, spinach, chilies and peppers, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, sunflowers and herbs. Oh, and beets!! I am hoping for a nice harvest. I would like to dehydrate and do some canning ( especially pickled beets).

I was hoping for some archery practice but the wind has whipped up and is blowing like a banshee! I think this May explain why I have a headache again today. Oh, and also we have been having some rock and roll earthquakes. The he epi centers have been in Oklahoma but we feel it in Kansas. Quite a few last night end early this morning. There is the great debate with the tracking but we are on a fault line and there are just no words for people who are not savvy with earth science he think they have all the answers. It makes my mind numb reading comments in the news section, you would think I would stop but it's like a moth to a flame.
                Karin

Comment

• Sleep, food, workouts -- in that order my dear friend Since food is 80% of equation, that's where to put your most time and energy. [This is the economist in me -- focus your energy on the biggest thing that matters.] [Oh, and I'm so with you. I want this weight off NOW. But, honestly, don't know about you, but none of the crash diets I've ever done before have left me with lasting results, so why bother?]

Man, that's going to be a ROCKING garden. I'm envious. I'll be lucky if we (we meaning mom) gets tomatoes and jalapenos out. I'd like one basket of flowers. We'll consider that pretty awesome.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Totally agree - sleep, food/nutrition, movement in that order. Research (and personal experience) shows that movement is great for general health, stress reduction, weight maintenance,etc but not a big help in weight loss.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      Totally agree - sleep, food/nutrition, movement in that order. Research (and personal experience) shows that movement is great for general health, stress reduction, weight maintenance,etc but not a big help in weight loss.
                      I really think moving more now that I am not in pain will help with the stress.

Thank you ladies. I agree we the order you both mention, the good news is sleep is ok. I would not say perfect. There is just no way it is at this point but at least I am not waking exhausted.
                      Karin

Comment

• Well and the movement will help with the sleep, as long as you don't go nutso and injure yourself.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          Well and the movement will help with the sleep, as long as you don't go nutso and injure yourself.
                          Well now that seems to be the trick isn't it. Lol. No crazy workouts for me! Lol. Well, I will hula on the wii...
                          Karin

Comment

• I'm hoping to start walking again...just because it gets me out in the fresh air and I feel better doing it. So long as tomorrow isn't crazy cold, I'm out there!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• The weather is nice except for the wind. I would be out there but fir the dang wind. 40 mph, 60 mph gusts
                              Karin

Comment

• Well I don't want to jinx you Karin, but I have never heard of anyone hurting themselves working out with the Wii. But, well, just be careful!

Spent the day outside. It is cool but sunny so I got lots of Vitamin D and the yard looks better too.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X