The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well that is good news.

I am going to look into the essential oils for cooking it has never occurred to me before. The only one I have at home is Lavender. Lemon and Orange would be good ones to have though.

I am impressed that you had leftovers, those looked so good. My Honey has been hinting for stuffed poblanos for a while now
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Other than the fact that I think I'd need a million stuffed poblanos, it all sounds good. Eating with Karin tonight Should I be there around 5? [Really, too bad we all live so far away from eachother..........]
      -- Ruth

Comment

• that is definitely the sad thing about internet friends
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well considering only mom and I eat these amazing dishes, yup we have leftovers. I like the cook once eat twice. For example, Lily had Mac and cheese with peas for dinner (standard). She would not try the soup and the peppers and tasted the custard and declined.

I wish y'all lived closer too!!!! Dinner will be ready @5pm

As for the stuffed poblanos, the ones we just bought so soooo beautiful ( see this is where my love of good comes through, any wonder I am overweight). I will be stuffing them with a hamburger mixture with onions and assorted spices and a bit of cheddar inside. I will then wrap them in bacon and bake them. Pretty easy and sooo tasty.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Chris- the essential oils I use in cooking/food are: lemon, orange, grapefruit, mint, basil and oregano. I also use thieves. Make sure when you buy the essential oils they are food grade. Not all are. I use the young living brand.

Besides lavender, there are some favorite blends I use with Lily for calming, sleep, mood etc.
            Karin

Comment

• Ok, 4 days in to PN which basically is taking my vitamins/supplements. Having some tummy issues but trying to take note of when and factors leading up to it.

Today is the last day of my vacation. Back to work tomorrow and not another break until the end of May when were out for summer.

I am sad to say I got little to nothing done on my spring break list. I will have to try and make things up on the weekends. Ts is mainly yard/garden work/improvements. Darn Kansas wind!!! Sorry to say, it kept me indoors.
              Karin

Comment

• Sometimes, you need to rest! I know that we all have to-do lists that are a mile long, but with our busy and hectic lives, the body needs time to rejuvenate.

I bought poblanos at the store today myself. No clue what is going in them, but I have them.

Off to take my vitamins. I'm feeling better since taking them - I must be missing something that is in them...
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth, if you will half them, stuff them with a ground beef mixture, wrap in bacon and bake the boys will love them.
                  Karin

Comment

• On a side note..tummy still blinky
                    Karin

Comment

• I think the antibiotic and or the multi is causing the stomach upset. The bottle says to rake 3 multis but I think I might back off a bit and see if it helps.
                      Karin

Comment

• I've also read that one should spread the multi over 2 or 3 meals to help with absorption. I know that the antibiotics always mess with DH's stomach.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Do you eat yogurt? Helps the belly when you are taking antibiotics.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Meds and vitamins done (actually pleased with myself that I did not skip a day). Today I just took 1 of the 3 multi vitamins. We will see if this improves the tummy issue. The antibiotic is cephalexin (sp) so I know its a heavy duty one. I will eat some yogurt once I finish my antibiotic as well as get back on some probiotics since the antibiotic kills it all.

ugh.. tired going to work this morning.. the getting up early sucks. I need a job where I can work from home and get up when I want LOL

Last 9 weeks of the year.. c'mon end of May!
                            Karin

Comment

• were you taking the 3 vitamins at one sitting? That could be the explanation. I do better if I take those sorts of things before bed. The problem is I never remember to take things at bed time.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Often the B vitamins in a multi are the cause of stomach distress. I agree, spread them out and take with food.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X