No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, me too................ Today is my day off. It should be errands and such. I think one of the errands will be a nap!!!!!!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Vitamins and fish oil done. The vitamins taste worse than the fish oil. Blech! Ruth did you get your taken??
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I think I need to start fish oil again as well. The one I used to take was Carlson and it was lemon flavored, so not too bad.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• We do the orange flavor. Tolerable, especially with a big swig of water or two after I down it.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I am using natures answer in lemon I got off Amazon. Truly not horrible. The trick is not to let it go in huge mouth, just hold the nose, tip your head back and let it go straight down the throat. I do a water chaser but it's not the fish oil I struggle with. It's the multi. I am taking the Alive whole food energizer multi vitamin. They are horse pills and I take 3 per label. I am also taking 20,000 iu of D3 and one 5htp. I do have more energy as I do not feel the need to nap during the day.

So, yes I have have been eating some udi bread.. Sue me ha! Lol. It's not cheap but I got some gf flour to make some at home for less. I have to say, a couple tiny slices with some sun butter really is sustaining in there mornings. I have been testing it on spring break.
            Karin

Comment

• You take 20,000 IU of D3 every day? Did you test deficient?

I actually have been cutting my calcium tablet in half and only taking a half a one a day because of the size (well and the amount, with the cream I drink I only needed half a pill to make up my daily allowance).
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• No, I did not test deficient but pretty sure I am. I am only doing it for a week to get a jump. After that I will go down to 10,000 iu.

I am not taking my calcium but I should. Going to wait on that one.
                Karin

Comment

• I tested deficient and I think I take 4,000 a day (I have to check that when I get home) and that keeps me in the middle of a good range. You can have it tested next time you get blood work to be sure. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking too much except for the waste of money.

I think it is probably a good idea to add one supplement at a time so you can tell which is useful.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• One capsule is 10,000 iu..hmmm I know if I take the calcium with the d3, there is a lot less d3 than taking it alone. I would only get 1000 iu.

Feeling pretty good physically and that is something I will take.

Got some custard in the oven ( a little white rice, dried cranberries, lemon essential oil). That is dessert. For dinner I am making homemade cream of mushroom soup, poppers ( jalapeņo with sharp cheddar inside wrapped in bacon and baked), fresh cooked carrots. Kind of an oddball menu I am sure but good comfort foods that are reasonable and the flavor since like.
                    Karin

Comment

• The custard was amazing complete with the lemon glaze on top.

Just got back from the doc, could not take it anymore..hello bladder infection

Watching march madness!!! My shockers are going for their 35th straight win!!! Looking to remain undefeated for the season!! SHOX!!!!!
                      Karin

Comment

• What did you make the glaze out of.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Naughty stuff.. Butter simple syrup and lemon essential oil. I made a very small batch and was the only sugar in the recipe. The custard was unsweetened. In truth the custard did not need any sweetener. It had plenty of flavor.
                          Karin

Comment

• Yum. Sounds so good!!!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Gosh if your health situations would just clear up you would have a fighting chance at losing some weight.

I have decided that on those occasions when I want a dessert, I am just going to have one. My rules...MUST be homemade by me or someone I know. Only exception, Sonic milkshakes when I am with my kids.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• The good news is I am feeling better already after 2 antibiotic doses.

Chris , I like the dessert rule and am adopting it. The good part about the dessert I made yesterday is it is also a good breakfast choice, though perhaps without the glaze. I will tell you, I may use fewer extracts and more essential oils when I cook. The flavors are amazing!

Today's food is leftover homemade mushroom soup and poppers for lunch. For dinner I am making stuffed poblanos.

Headache again this morning but the barometer is dropping again so hoping this is the reason and will go away soon.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X