Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the shoes. Hang in there girl.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post

and a positive about you girly, if it isn't about you it is cheating. .
      UGH! ok let me think then..

Mom will be coming to the camp as well. It is good for her and Lily to learn to interact together. At home, my mom still yells for me to intervene when she and Lily are having a power struggle. To preserve my sanity, I use my limited acting abilities and pretend deafness. I am of a mindset, I WILL NOT engage because it does not help either person and I refuse to be sucked in.

Lily's educational meeting was yesterday. We were trying to determine if she could get an IEP for an OHI placement. Turns out, nope. ugh! All that testing and only to be told, she needs a better 504. Ya think?!! Ya'll wrote the damn thing and then not all of the teachers are aware of such a thing with her. <cuss words> So.. crap. OT is still going well. The weather is getting nicer so hopefully we can do more OT outside at home.

a positive about me.. I remembered to take my allergy and asthma meds.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Thrilled that your mom is going to camp with you all. She probably needs to learn how to bow out of the power struggle as well. Feigned deafness is an excellent ploy.

Remembering to take those meds daily is a huge positive. Is this something you think you can commit to do everyday for the next 21 days, even while at camp? And not try to do anything else, just that and enjoy the camp? I think if you can force yourself to institute that Precision Nutrition mantra, in which you change only one small thing. Something so small that you know with confidence that you can do it for the next 21 days, if along the way you "fail" then you need to set your sights lower. You need to find a way to build your confidence in your ability to stick to something back up, but without adding stress.

Here is the link I had told you about, I think you should peruse his archives as you have time, he is very level headed...The Archives Remember we are here for you!!!

So sorry about the frustrations with Lily's educational program. I went through very similar things with both my children, as they are dyslexic and our school district does not recognize that as a learning disability!?! though their issues were not nearly as severe as Lily's I can still understand your frustration. Hang in there, in the end it will all be worth it.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Its my journal and here is blunt honesty: I am so done and ready to go on spring break, I wish I could leave now. I wish I did not have to teach today.

Fighting a headache and tiredness. My dog was sick in the night, yep.. on the bed. So at 2am, I am cleaning it up and throwing stuff in the washer, remaking the bed.. etc. etc. poor baby. My dog has similar food issues to me only she purges.

Yeah, camp. So, what can I do while at camp and commit to the next 21 days? Their salad bar is pretty groovy. Last time we went, I made HUGE salads and did not offer one apology! So, perhaps I need to focus on veggies. CW says 1/2 the plate should be veggies (think Paleo also subscribes to this). There is my goal. 1/2 o2 more of my plate will be veggies. Think that will work?
          Karin

Comment

• excellent idea!!!! So 1/2 a plate of veggies, 1/4 plate of carbs, 1/4 plate protein? I am assuming you are going to get the needed fat from the salad dressing, the protein, and whatever you put in your coffee or tea. That should get you back to some nutritional stores and feeling better. So starting today? That puts you through to April 3rd.

just saw that the FDA approved a device to prevent or cure a migraine. It sort of looks Star Trek inspired, kinda cool really. Maybe you can look into that?

p.s. I am going to state your positive for you...you made a plan that is reasonable, healthy, doable...congrats! Now don't go and try to add anything till you have this down pat, I know you can be a bit of an overachiever.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yeah, what Chris said
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, stated my new resolve last night. Please was full of veggies. They had a taco bar and i made a million taco salad. Breakfast was ok, serious lacked veggies but lunch they had hot dogs, burgers, chili and i made another kitchen salad with chili on it. As we are in Texas, there are no beans in the chili .

Not sure what's up with dinner tonight but they have the great salad bar for sure.

The reason held out until this evening, hooray.

Having fun. Lily caught a 3 pound bass with a 1/2 hot dog. Pic on facebook. I will see if i can add that here later.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                Karin

Comment

• Yeah!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Salads all weekend. We are home and I am tired. It was a long drive. I am also sore in the back, hips and thighs from the hiking. The good news is my foot does not hurt in comparison. I was thinking how disappointing there really is no hiking areas around where I live because hiking regularly perhaps would build those muscles that now ache. Basic walking is not the same as I feel it in my foot. I know it doesn't not make much sense but it is what it is.
                    Karin

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1395052098.703565.jpg
                      Karin

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1395052141.507989.jpg
                        Karin

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1395052214.349274.jpg
                          Karin

Comment

• LOVE the pictures. Is this spring break or back to school today?

What did you learn at camp?
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• This week is spring break. At camp we learned a lot more about I eps and 504s, what kinds of accommodations and interventions to ask for etc. most of it I already knew it was more about Lily attending again.
                              Karin

Comment

• Hooray for spring break. Ours is not until mid-April.

What do they work with the kids on?
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X