No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took a break. I tend to over think things which then turns to stress and frustration. I was up 10, then down 5 then up 2 it sucks. If I could get some walking/exercise in there I know it would help but my foot is still painful. It is improving though I think.

I think I may need my anti depressant, but want to look at a more natural way first before taking MORE pharmaceuticals.

oh here is a positive: Lily loves shrimp scampi. I made it for dinner tonight.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Well given you are already stressed about more then a couple of things I would strongly urge you to let go of the idea of walking till your foot is totally healed. If you absolutely feel that movement is the issue (and I would personally not agree with that given research) then maybe you could do a tabata exercise sequence where you do 20 seconds of air bike (lay on your back and pedal your legs as fast as you can) then 10 second break repeat 8 times. Equal zero impact and HIT, win win.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Never thought of that. Good idea!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
        -- Ruth

Comment

• ☺️
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am going to look into that Chris. I am sad sad sad though about the wii fit. But MUCH of it requires you to be on your feet and its so dang much fun.

Checking in to say this was an interesting read How chronic stress rewires your brain and creates mood disorders
            Karin

Comment

• Well, I am assuming this is a temporary situation, that if you let it heal thoroughly that you will be back to the wii full throttle.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I believe its temporary but will take a while to heal, so says the doctor. I am impatient as ever..
                Karin

Comment

• Back on track tomorrow, not that I have been seriously off track. I also want to incorporate the following. This will not be as tough on my foot I think. We will see. I am not sure if I will be able to tackle it in the morning but perhaps during my plan time when I need some extra movement.

Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 6.33.54 PM.png
                  Karin

Comment

• Best laid plans and all..revenge eating at its best tonight, passed out after..Not exactly hating myself but it's a close second. Shame and self pity with a dose of self loathing is pretty accurate. Why F'n bother with paleo, primal, lv,vlc,phd, fast 5, 5:2'..etc etc etc etc etc. Nothing but a pretender.

Shit.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                    Karin

Comment

• Well lets just call it a refeed and get on with life ok? So, what can you do to get onto a healthy positive track, to help you gain some confidence? What is the smallest, easiest change that you absolutely know you can maintain? I am stealing this idea from the PN (Precision Nutrition, I think) program that Ruth did for a while. So maybe she will chime in with some ideas. But pick one thing you can add or subtract that you know that no matter what you can maintain it for the next week(or two or three or life), maybe take your meds, or drink your water, or eat a good breakfast, or pack lunch?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• How are you, sister???????
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Hope all is well.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am frustrated and feel defeated. I am back to the journal if for no other reason to just journal my thoughts. Chris has suggested I post a minimum of 1 positive a day. There may be many times when that positive has nothing to do with me. Physically I am feeling tired and sluggish which for now I am attributing to allergies. I leave for Lily's family camp this week. At this point, the only thing I pretty much guarantee to stay away from is dairy. My issues with that lately have been horrendous. Grains is a problem as well but while I am not actively seeking them out.. grains happen.

positive: The podiatrist okay'd some super cute shoes for work so I am not stuck in runners in my dress clothes.Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 7.46.10 AM.png They are handmade (sounds pricey huh? They were VERY reasonable on Amazon) and they do not hurt my feet.
                            Karin

Comment

• Cute shoes!

I'm excited about your trip to camp with Lily. Is mom going as well?
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Camp will be a welcome break.

and a positive about you girly, if it isn't about you it is cheating. If you don't have anything create something. I believe that life fulfills expectations, so think positive, look for positive, take note of positive and positive will happen!

I like the shoes, my arch is too high for danskos,but they have a lot of cute styles.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X