The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohhh myyy... full!

Our wellness committee at school had a soup and salad luncheon. You could sign up to bring either if you wanted to participate. My Paleo buffalo chicken soup did not turn out thick the way I wanted so out of desperation I threw in a package of Reames noodles hoping it would help in a last ditch effort and no luck. The good news is the staff likes it. The bad news is its not paleo. I sampled other soups and salads, yeah not paleo either. My plan is to start PHD tomorrow.

Waiting for conferences and dreaming up exciting labs for my students I am enjoying chatting with fellow staff members I seldom get to talk to.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• PHD starts today. I think I am off to a good start with breakfast (mfp). I want to work up to the IF. At this time, I want to make sure my final meal of the day by 5 pm 6 at the latest since I usually eat breakfast at 6 am (12-13h fast). I am tracking. This morning I measured with a measuring cup but in the future I will use a scale.

Valentine's Day was good. The car is dropped off for all the work that needs to be done. It will be fine Monday, Tuesday at the latest. We.com to see Frozen and that movie is amazing!! I so loved the story/message.

Long weekend although Monday is dentist day..hopefully cleaning is it.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
      Karin

Comment

• I know this is not asked for, but to throw my 2 cents in here, I would like to suggest that you concentrate hardest on following the PHD and aim for the 12h fast but not worry too much about that part of it until you are really comfortable with the eating part of PHD. I feel like this plan is really going to work for you, given your likes and needs, I am excited. Looking forward to hearing about your progress!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris, that's totally smart thinking and along what I was thinking. Thank you.

Podiatrist news: I am back to having orthotics. I am essentially hobbling and he said its only a matter of time before the other foot goes s well if I do not do something. He said the excess weight does not help either but knows that I can not work out of I am limping. Sooo..New orthotics..New shoes. I have discovered, again, I hate shopping but shoe shopping especially sucks the big one. I now have 2 pairs of new shoes but nothing professional at this time. For work it will be tennis shoes regardless of outfit..sexy hnmmm? As for the minimalist shoes, he is doubtful I will get back to them. Crap on a cracker!! Oh, i should have snapped a shot of the doc when I told him I hill on the treadmill barefoot..he was so appalled. Sooo..a bit of a pity party for me this afternoon.

Karin

Comment

• Sorry about the bad foot news.

Good luck on the PHD. You should leave working up to the 16 hr fast as the last thing. I think the 12 hrs between dinner and breakfast will be great.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I do the treadmill barefoot as well. Honey's foot guy wants him to do his cardio in minimalist shoes. He does his workouts at a gym so can't go barefoot.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Sorry about the bad foot news.

Good luck on the PHD. You should leave working up to the 16 hr fast as the last thing. I think the 12 hrs between dinner and breakfast will be great.
                I have been looking at your food journal to kind of guide me asking with the book

Karin

Comment

• Late late getting up because..Well I don't want to lol

I am going to make some chicken fried rice for breakfast I think this morning. Hmmm.. amazing what adding healthy starches does for a person's outlook.

Karin

Comment

• hey, look what I found...Comfortable Shoes for Women Blog | Barking Dog Shoes

though I have to admit I hate shopping, I cannot relate to hating to buy shoes
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I love shoes.................
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Ooh, there are some GREAT shoes there, Chris!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I may have made a big mistake, but I subscribed to her blog. I am actually making a promise to myself that I will only buy cute comfy shoes from now on. I need to start letting go of the ones I can't bear to have on my feet for more than an hour
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Oooo, checking out out, thanks!

For me, shoes are a social construct not an indulgence. It's probably my perspective..now jewelry??? I LOVE jewelry!

Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-16-2014, 09:26 AM.
                            Karin

Comment

• Ah, women and shoes. Some stereotypes never die. <3

Comment

• You know the interesting thing about shoes, when I was pregnant with my second, my daughter was young (they are 20 months apart). I had to wear Keds the whole pregnancy for a variety of reasons. So my daughter had basically no guidance in this, but I have to tell you that she was a little shoe freak. Any store we would go into she would find the shoes and start trying on the display ones. I used to walk with her in the mall a lot (for exercise every day as it kept me close to clean restrooms) and she would press her little face up against the shoe display windows (sorry store workers, it was Dudla's little prints every morning).

Quite similar to the way that my son, though I refused to buy him weapons (give me a break I lived in Gainesville, FL), used to bend the Barbie dolls and point them like little guns and then use their pointy little toes as a bayonet.

Some things are just hard wired I think.

On the other hand, while I like jewelry, I don't care for spending the money on it.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X