Clear All

• Foot in PAIN today. yeah me.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Oh damn. Sorry.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• What is annoying is that I can not do the wii. Truthfully, I was having fun working out on it, very unlike the repetitiveness of the treadmill. Trying not to feel sorry for myself and take it out on food right now. Weighing daily is helping somewhat but, ugh!!
        Karin

Comment

• Weight same..i guess it's better than a gain.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
          Karin

Comment

• Best recipe app ever for paleo recipes: fast paleo. So many options!!!

Karin

Comment

• How's the foot doing?
              -- Ruth

Comment

• The foot is the same. Right now, i am waiting a week for my next appointment i am compensating when I walk so no pain, but it will cause other problems.. Ugh!! Cursed feet!

Karin

Comment

• A little experimenting on my part:

Cocoa nibs ( brewed in tea fashion). In the basket before adding water, grind a little cinnamon and put in a sprinkle of chili powder. When the nibs have steeped, add coconut milk"creamer"

Delish on a cold dreary day like today.

Karin

Comment

• Ugh!! Eat carbs..don't easy carbs..watch your calories, dont count them..Ugh!

Karin

Comment

• What one needs to do is pick one (carbs or no carbs) and do it for at least a month. I vote for carbs because it minimizes bad eating.

As far as calories, I believe that our bodies burn a certain amount daily. If you eat a small amount below that, say 20% and are consistently eating healthy food, then your body will do something. Once you have a routine in place, counting and tracking can be once in a while. I am already coming up with a PHD routine that is fairly consistent.

What were you doing when you were successful?
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I am with Paula on this one. I bet you do need to add some carbs, why not give the PHD a shot for a month to 6 weeks (no tweaking) and see what happens.

the thing that is so difficult about calorie counting is that is is very difficult to know what you actually burn on a daily basis, so getting 20% less is great, but less than what is a bit harder. Lots of calculators out there, maybe do a few different ones and take an average? Unless P has one she particularly likes.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I would take an average of a couple. I'm pretty sure of what I burn because my Go wear fit absolutely agrees with the calculators. I think one can safely take the calculator's numbers making sure to multiply by and activity multiplier.

MFP has my coma calories at 1676 (Mifflin-St. Jeor)

My other Favorite BMR Calculator says 1684
                          Not a big difference.

Then use the Harris Benedict Equation activity multipliers. (Found on above site)
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Here's my two cents on calories. Everyone says calories matter (even Robb Wolf and Mark and others). However, a lot of people say once you start eating Primal/Paleo you no longer need to count. I think the answer on that is "it depends". For my husband, switching to better food is all he needs to do. But, he doesn't eat emotionally. He can start eating a candy bar and just stop in the middle. He's let cake (cake he likes!) go to waste because he can't finish it before it goes bad. I, on the other hand, have a broken switch. I can eat too much by overeating cauliflower or meat. Sometimes, I have to count because I don't know when to stop -- even with a super duper clean diet. I'm getting better, but I'm not there. Thus, I still need some counting.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I have to count as well. Switching to Primal did not equal weight loss, neither did switching to LC or VLC, the reason what I am doing now works (most of the time) is because I count calories (most of the time) and I don't feel deprived (most of the time).
                              Chris
                              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, calorie conting gets easier once you have a good idea what things count. I still measure my food. Right now, I am measuring the weight of my potatoes and rice to get to a pound.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X