No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am like you. 8 to 8:30 is the time my body naturally wants to shut down. I have learned to stop fighting it. I used to try to go to bed later but that just resulted in waking up even earlier, like 2 am earlier. I'll stick with what works, thank you.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Well your circadian rhythm is about a 90 minute cycle of sleepiness and wakefulness. Mine is pretty obvious, I tend to wake up at the same time no matter when I go to sleep, if I miss that then I have trouble waking up until another 90 minutes has passed. Falling asleep is the same way. However, sometimes being tired enough I can still go to sleep even if I am technically at the wakefulness peak of my cycle.

So essentially I am wondering if you play with your bed time if it might help knock you out of the cycle that is waking you up at 2am. Or even that you are already messing with the cycle and that is why you are waking up in the middle of the night.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I was thinking its the steroids that have messed me up. This weekend when I was up at 2am.. I was WIDE AWAKE. So awake and alert, I did laundry and tried to make the best of it. I eventually fell back asleep @ 4am ish for a couple hours.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• oh well that is a good thing if it is the steroids cause you will be free of them soon and will go back to sleeping through the night then.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Great dinner tonight. Getting ready to make breakfast for morning and pack lunches. I did 30 min on the wii. The wii also said i had a major gain???? What??? Just how accurate is the wii scale?

The ear is feeling better but everything is draining so the voice tends to fail in the afternoon. All in all, getting better.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
            Karin

Comment

• So MY scale is not ugly. In fact, I am bouncing a bit (I all it water) but no gains and that is a plus. I am taking the wii scale with a grain of salt. Although speaking of wii.. I did some yoga and then cardio.. who would have thought a video game would make you sweat.

Throat is sore- everything including infection is draining. yeah me.

I feel for the folks in the east with the snow. Here we are on the temperature pendulum. 60's Sunday, 40's Monday, sub zero temps yesterday, 40's today, sub zero temps tomorrow.. UGH!! enough already.

Sleep: Went to bed at 9pm, woke at 2a but was able to go back to sleep. I did not get up to workout this morning. I think I am going to wait until I am done with the antibiotics, which will be Friday evening.
              Karin

Comment

• probably a good idea to hold off on working out while the body is trying to heal, I am sure you need the sleep more right now.

We are in the down ward trend temp wise, high today and tomorrow in the teens, Friday into low single digits. I am going to have to replant my entire landscape in the spring I think.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Chris, I wonder when we will be able to get the garden going at all. We can usually start about spring break, we will have to see.

As for exercising.. I did some basic step on the wii and some hula hooping.. IT FELT GOOD along with the yoga!! I am taking it easy though and only working out when I am feeling up to it. Morning dates with the treadmill are on hold for the time being.
                  Karin

Comment

• I am glad you are opting to sleep instead of treadmill, and I agree a bit of movement like on the wii probably helps to loosen things up a bit, I tend to get very stiff when I am ill.

I generally plant things that are hardier than they need to be, but this over wet summer was hard on my drought tolerant things, and now this very cold winter when their feet were still pretty wet looks like it is going to clear out quite a bit of my shrubbery. Currently looking very mistreated.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Never fails!

I start tracking. Yes, I watch my choices/selections. I try not to deprive but then see I am always coming up short. Sooo if I can coming up short, on everything..and really have not changed my eating..and not losing.. ahh frustration. Patience, I know I know.

HUNGRY.
                      Karin

Comment

• I assume that some of my tracking is not perfect, and that I am most likely erring on the low side. For example in the amount of cream I use in my coffee. I measure it on my dd's but not usually on my ud's, though I started to yesterday. When I first started my 4:3 and was losing, I was measuring and tracking.

If you are truly hungry, then you should eat something. But my experience is that it will pass. I think you should plan, measure, then eat 3 solid meals a day, no snacking, and track that for a few days and see what happens. Then you will have an accurate assessment, and you can add or subtract accordingly.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• That is my plan. Last night I started reading my speed book again. Which kind of talks about that as well.
                          Karin

Comment

• ahh, SPEED, I revisit it often.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• It really is a good sound resource that can refocus you I think.
                              Karin

Comment

• ...and 2am we meet again

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X