No announcement yet.

The Journey begins with me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome salmon for dinner last night. I also made the butter mints. They taste great but i have not used them for sugar busting yet. I will say, this steroid is kicking my butt. Last night i ate ate ate..Ugh. Oh, and 2nd night of creepy sleeping too. I go to bed exhausted and sleep..then up between midnight and 2 am. I know it's the meds

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Bleh, hopefully tonight you can get some better sleep.

Comment

• rats, best healing occurs while sleeping. How much longer till the meds are done?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It's a 7 day script. So, until Sat. I am trying to control my food but it's an ugly beast..I hate steroids!

Karin

Comment

• yep, even my dad, who has had trouble with being uninterested in food and not gaining his weight back after his treatments has been eating them out of house and home this past few weeks and putting on weight like a champ. Getting to be a problem now because his legs are still not strong enough for him to stand on his own and the extra weight only makes it that much harder.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It's been a challenging and not altogether successful day food wise. Ugh..and my gi track hates me as well. I have pumped up the water..

Karin

Comment

• Well you just have to do the best you can till you are done with the script, trying to remind yourself that good nutrition is especially important now that you are trying to heal so that if you do feel you must eat make it highly nutritious.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• True. Working on it

Karin

Comment

• I can't take augmentin. I took it when my girls were babies for an ear infection. The diarrhea was so bad I had to stop taking it or my kids would have starved.

Comment

• It's hard on my body. I didn't even correct that it might be the anti biotic causing my gi distress. Ugh!

Karin

Comment

• Feeling skinnier today. Funny, the scale is showing me no love in that direction. Must be the clean eating.

Sleep was better last night BUT I made myself stay up later than usual. I am an in bed at 8pm kinda gal but forced myself to stay up until 10pm. I was watching Klondike part 1 which helped. Slept mostly through the night. Woke at 2am or so, but went back to sleep fairly easy. Today was only 3 steroids (the first day was like 6-7)so maybe sleep will be even better tonight. Still odds and ends of pain but NOTHING like last Friday.
                        Karin

Comment

• If you are in bed by 8pm, when do you actually go to sleep? and when do you wake up?

Slow steady progress is a good thing, glad the pains are reducing.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Actually, I am usually asleep by 8:30pm when I go to bed by 8p. Because this steroid keeps me awake, I thought if I just stay up longer, I will not wake up and be ready to go at like, 2am. lol I have one alarm set for 4:45a (this is the new habit for working out- since I have been sick I have not used it). I get up at 5am.
                            Karin

Comment

• well then that makes sense. Maybe if you try to shift your circadian rhythm you can knock yourself out of it.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Not sure I understand what you mean about the circadian rhythm. One reason I also go to bed at 8pm is because Lil needs to be in bed by then as well.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X